The Yankees going after Andrew Miller is going to be a tough sell | Syracusefan.com

The Yankees going after Andrew Miller is going to be a tough sell

CaliCuse

All American
Lots of money to shave off his beard to play for the Yanks.

Yankees need to make some moves. Would like to have seen Cruz in Pin stripes and they keep passing up on all the Cuban sluggers.

Passing on? Cubans signing to other teams, doesnt mean the Yankees passed on them.

Passing on? Cubans signing to other teams, doesnt mean the Yankees passed on them.
When they defect, these guys become free agents so the Yankees are getting outbid. Shawn since you know a great deal about the farm system, is there anyone down there that can bring some pop to the line up? By the way if you have not seen it, try to watch the 30 for 30 documentary on the defection of the Hernandez brothers (Livian and El Duke) from Cuba. It is really eye opening.

When they defect, these guys become free agents so the Yankees are getting outbid. Shawn since you know a great deal about the farm system, is there anyone down there that can bring some pop to the line up? By the way if you have not seen it, try to watch the 30 for 30 documentary on the defection of the Hernandez brothers (Livian and El Duke) from Cuba. It is really eye opening.

I dont know if they are getting outbid, or something else is pushing them off. I do know they passed on a few such as Jose Abreu. As for the farm, they have a few that are going to be ready in the next year or two with Greg Bird (who won the MVP in the Arizona Fall League). Yankees are figuring he replaces Teixeira. Also Aaron Judge, Jake Cave, Sanchez. The Yankees also made a huge splash in the International Free Agent's signing a slew of the top 10 talents from Latin America.

Meh, why not just pay Robertson

may not be a big deal, but if they value Miller and Robertson as roughly equal (not saying they are necessarily) then if they can get Miller for similar money, they get a free draft pick when Robertson signs elsewhere.

I dont think the money would be similar as I feel they rate Robertson higher. If they can get Miller for less, and the pick then fine, but similar money and Robertson is a righty, has closed, has closed in NY then id go for him.

Miller to Yanks. 4 years $36 million. Doesn't necessarily preclude resigning Robertson, but you have to figure Miller Betances in the back end of the bull pen might be enough. Saves some money for signing a premier starter and as someone mentioned gives the Yankees an extra draft pick. Also, Yanks still in and probably the favorites to sign Moncado, the 19 yo Cuban phenom.

Buster Olney ✔ @Buster_ESPN

NYY bullpen, so far: Betances, Miller, Justin Wilson, Adam Warren, Shawn Kelley, 2nd-round pick Jacob Lindgren, Esmil Rogers. Power stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom