Tony White | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White

Yet another experiment with a coach with zero HC experience.. well yall lets get excited for another few years of bottom of the pack football.
count me as unexcited on this. want someone who was a current or former HC: BOB, Chesney, Diaz, Golden, any of those works for me. Just kind of want to break away from what we have had here already

count me as unexcited on this. want someone who was a current or former HC: BOB, Chesney, Diaz, Golden, any of those works for me. Just kind of want to break away from what we have had here already
Exactly!! 20 years of “lets try this” and nothing has worked yet! Definition of madness is doing something the same way, and expecting different results! WAKE THE SU!!

Yet another experiment with a coach with zero HC experience.. well yall lets get excited for another few years of bottom of the pack football.

That's my take, as well.

But White is an impressive guy.

No real surprise but aren't we kind of barking up the same tree when you take someone from Dino's recent staff? Not excited but hope it works if it's him.

Exactly!! 20 years of “lets try this” and nothing has worked yet! Definition of madness is doing something the same way, and expecting different results! WAKE THE SU!!
Dino was a HC

Our issues are overwhelmingly on offense, White does nothing there. Scott Schafer redux.

To be clear, I agree with your main point. I'd prefer to see the hire be a guy who is offensively oriented.

But -- and this is my opinion, not a statement of fact -- I never thought that Scott Shafer was head coaching material. White very well might be.

Doesn't mean he's the right / best guy for the job, given the current state of our program. There's an element of risk there, to be sure.

To be clear, I agree with your main point. I'd prefer to see the hire be a guy who is offensively oriented.

But -- and this is my opinion, not a statement of fact -- I never thought that Scott Shafer was head coaching material. White very well might be.

Doesn't mean he's the right / best guy for the job, given the current state of our program. There's an element of risk there, to be sure.
Shafer was DC at Stanford (under Harbaugh when they were good) and at Michigan, so if anything his pre-hire qualifications were better than White. With White (and Beck if retained) SU gets Dino’s 2022 staff without Dino. The 2022 team closed out losing 6/7. I’m unimpressed to say the least.

What if the search firm was calling on behalf of San Diego and not Syracuse like someone mentioned? We actually don't know if that text is related to Syracuse or not. Someone mentioned in another thread it could be a couple other schools.

Ouch. Rhule talking about us?

if he is he's a moron because 10 wins got him a lot more money and a big extension

i can understand why he wants lowered expectations for coaches sitting with the same record as babers

63-76 record for rhule in college and pros

Last edited:
Did he tell himself that when he took the Nebraska job that's been churning through head coaches for the last 25 years because the expectations outweigh the recruiting base?

I doubt he said this to White, probably just told him make sure the paycheck is big enough.
I wonder how nebraska fans are taking this. the guy just made a great argument for going cheap on head coach.

the no HC factor doesn't bug me at all. The "he was here a year ago" part does.

I think we need something new fresh and exciting. going to the well with this one is much diff than Shafer taking over for Marrone. If Dino left at 2018 and White was here i'd be more fine with it because it may be a continuation of success.
This is a hail mary that Dino was the main issue and the assistants were good to great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom