Tuckers vision was off tonight | Syracusefan.com

Tuckers vision was off tonight

I think he is either playing hurt or having a sophomore slump of sorts where he is pressing too much trying to get his yards. The OLine isn’t getting great leverage on run plays.

He is so good that it will even out over the year I am sure.

I think he is either playing hurt or having a sophomore slump of sorts where he is pressing too much trying to get his yards. The OLine isn’t getting great leverage on run plays.

He is so good that it will even out over the year I am sure.
I agree cutbacks a lot and line struggled to get any push

Just look at what their OL did against us and what we did against them. Granted we were dinged up on D bull our OL isn’t opening up any holes. I also think Tucker is nursing a quad injury from week one. He could use a couple weeks off.

Just look at what their OL did against us and what we did against them. Granted we were dinged up on D bull our OL isn’t opening up any holes. I also think Tucker is nursing a quad injury from week one. He could use a couple weeks off.
If he is not 100% then there is no reason for him to play next week. None. Zero. Stop the tweets. Stop the heisman talk. Get healthy and hold auditions to find a competent center.

he should get it

Any issues Tucker is having are 100% on the OL. They can’t run block to save their lives. Tuck had maybe 3 runs where he didn’t get buried after his first step. He’s not Larry Csonka but that’s how we use him.

its a combination of things.. Like the fumble.. He tried to hit a home run when he could have just finished the run for 5-7 yds. He had several runs that were there for 3-5 and turned it into 1-2.. but when you into a wall a dozen times not surprised he looked for some bigger plays.

I suspected he is still dealing with some issues after being injured in the first game.

It’s going to be interesting to see how he plays against NC State after getting some rest/treatments during the bye week.

Tucker doesn't currently trust his acceleration to the outside and Shrader looks hesitant on all his reads without the safety blanket of being able to pull it down and run past defenders constantly. Our oline hasn't been good but both our major running threats are obviously banged up and lacking self confidence as result.

Any issues Tucker is having are 100% on the OL. They can’t run block to save their lives. Tuck had maybe 3 runs where he didn’t get buried after his first step. He’s not Larry Csonka but that’s how we use him.
I respectfully disagree Rick. He’s not following the play design. Yes there are certain plays where the D has effectively set the edge, forcing Tucker to get what he can inside - which hasn’t been much. But it seems like Tucker is having trust issues with the play side and is too eager to break off and cut back. And without Elmore the cutback is almost always the wrong option. Elmore’s replacements have been unable to seal the backside.

Question for the coaches on here. How does our run scheme this year compare to last year? Could that be why he doesn't have as much running room? With the improved passing game, I would think he'd have more room than last year.

I suspected he is still dealing with some issues after being injured in the first game.

It’s going to be interesting to see how he plays against NC State after getting some rest/treatments during the bye week.
I don't know. He was still tough to bring down last night and a couple times when he had some room he looked pretty quick.

I think he’s subconsciously, and perhaps correctly, figuring out the the RUN GAME play designs don’t suit him

The overall offense is great, but if you’re trying to promote (not saying we are…we aren’t) a feature back, sprinting him out as a decoy on 33% of the plays is good for all of us, but not great for him necessarily

I thought UVA’s defense sucked last year and Bronco quit because the AD told him to fire his DC and he wouldn’t.

If so, how is the D so tough this year? Was it truly the DC not knowing how to scheme or coach them up and they had talent all along? Or is our OL that bad?

I think he’s subconsciously, and perhaps correctly, figuring out the the RUN GAME play designs don’t suit him

The overall offense is great, but if you’re trying to promote (not saying we are…we aren’t) a feature back, sprinting him out as a decoy on 33% of the plays is good for all of us, but not great for him necessarily
Now we're getting into his subconscious? I love this board.:confused:

I thought UVA’s defense sucked last year and Bronco quit because the AD told him to fire his DC and he wouldn’t.

If so, how is the D so tough this year? Was it truly the DC not knowing how to scheme or coach them up and they had talent all along? Or is our OL that bad?
They have been pretty solid defensively this year … a prototypical Tony Elliot dumpster fire on offense however.

I’m no expert but from what I saw both live and then on tv today with the replay was that he wasn’t seeing much daylight plus UVA kept loading the box. Hard combination to run with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom