Uconn/Yale | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn/Yale

The thing I've noticed, and it's not an attack on UCONN, just an observation, is that no one seems to care that they are the defending national champions. If they were in a P5 Conference I think they're television exposure and recognition would be much higher. Unfortunately for them, being in the AAC really does relegate them to obscurity. Not even National Championships can save them if they do not receive a P5 lifeboat.

post this on uconn board since I can't get on their joke of a board

"KEVIN OLLIE MOST OVERRATED COACH IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL. STOP WORRYING ABOUT DOING TEAM INTERVIEWS AT CENTER COURT AFTER YOU WIN, AND HAVING YOUR PLAYERS ACT CLASSLESS. KEVIN OLLIE WILL BE AN ASSISTANT IN THE NBA ONCE HE GETS FIRED IN 2 YEARS. THEY WERE GIVEN A GIFT LAST YEAR AS A 7 SEED"

sdhusky said:
If it was a fluke, I'm still thrilled with it :)

Don't blame you. I'm very fond of my fellow posters, and not a UConn fan, but you guys keep getting it done. Fluke or no that's more than we've done. I really wish people would stop belittling the 4 titles. It makes us look petty and jealous.

I think we all know by now that it doesn't matter how much UConn sucks. Every few years, they'll suck their way all the way to a national championship regardless. I'm resigned to the fact that UConn was put on this earth by God to spite me and no matter how bleak their future appears, it just doesn't matter. If you don't believe me, say these words out loud: Shabazz Napier, two-time national champion.

Don't blame you. I'm very fond of my fellow posters, and not a UConn fan, but you guys keep getting it done. Fluke or no that's more than we've done. I really wish people would stop belittling the 4 titles. It makes us look petty and jealous.
I don't think anyone belittles the titles. No one thinks 1 is a bigger number than 4. The rivalry is still fresh in everyones minds (for how long, I don't know) ; I think most of us just question their ability to sustain success given their conference situation.

I think we all know by now that it doesn't matter how much UConn sucks. Every few years, they'll suck their way all the way to a national championship regardless. I'm resigned to the fact that UConn was put on this earth by God to spite me and no matter how bleak their future appears, it just doesn't matter. If you don't believe me, say these words out loud: Shabazz Napier, two-time national champion.
Eventually it will be really hard to recruit in the AAC. They still got Hamilton this year and Adams next year; but eventually these kids are gonna stop signing up for games vs. SMU and Tulane and not being on national TV.

Eventually it will be really hard to recruit in the AAC. They still got Hamilton this year and Adams next year; but eventually these kids are gonna stop signing up for games vs. SMU and Tulane and not being on national TV.

Gonzaga and now Wichita St are sustaining success. I'm not saying it's going to be easy for them, but with the talent pool in High School even teams in lower level conferences can be competitive. UConn already seems to be ahead of the ball as well by scheduling their OOC opponents so they end up being on TV. I don't think they have have the advantages of a P5 school, but they can sustain more success than a BC, or Florida St who are P5 schools. Time will tell how Ollie does with the hand he was dealt.

You guys have to remember also, basketball is not football. It's a lot easier to be competitive in a small conference in basketball. All you need is one or two players to be difference makers and any idy can compete and win.

Gonzaga and now Wichita St are sustaining success. I'm not saying it's going to be easy for them, but with the talent pool in High School even teams in lower level conferences can be competitive. UConn already seems to be ahead of the ball as well by scheduling their OOC opponents so they end up being on TV. I don't think they have have the advantages of a P5 school, but they can sustain more success than a BC, or Florida St who are P5 schools. Time will tell how Ollie does with the hand he was dealt.
You keep talking in todays terms. Things are changing and they are changing fast. Thye P5 leagues are getting their own tv networks. Game change. The P5 are setting their own rules. Game change. Up till last year or so, you could be on the outside looking in. Not anymore.

You keep talking in todays terms. Things are changing and they are changing fast. Thye P5 leagues are getting their own tv networks. Game change. The P5 are setting their own rules. Game change. Up till last year or so, you could be on the outside looking in. Not anymore.

You make sense,but every time I mentally throw dirt on uconns have they win another national championship.

We make fun of Uconn and academics, Fab Melo gets suspended then James Southerland the next season.

We make fun of Kentucky for cheating. SU is now under investigation, who knows what that sentence is.

We make fun of Uconn being in a crap league, losing to the likes of Houston, SMU, and some other crappy team I can't remember early while we're riding high at 25-0. We dump out early, Uconn wins the tournament against a team we ragged on all year about 40-0.

Yale beats Uconn, we gloat, we're happy, yet our team isn't exactly great and now were playing an in state opponent. Yale may be Conn.'s team this year, let's hope St John's isn't NYs team after tomorrow.

I know they're rivals and all, but I personally don't see any use or satisfaction at seeing somebody else's misfortune.

It's not life or death. We are here to have fun. Sports to me is about heroes and villains. You poke the villains when they are down, and on message boards you can crap talk them, And if they win, so what? What are the consequences -- some fellow Internet crap talker from another team has the momentary upper hand. Big deal. And let's not even get into the ridiculous notion of Karma.

I'm still going to bash UConn when they are down, oblivious to the fact that they somehow backed in to national titles in 2011 and 2014. And they will do the same, oblivious to the fact that we have been a pod team for 6 years in a row.

And now we may meet for the first time in a postseason game. Except it will be in the NIT.

I hardly ever bad mouth our own players. They are kids that are playing their hardest more often than not, and sometimes it just will not work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom