UConn... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

UConn...

They'll probably end up with a losing record, go on a late conference tourney run to win that, and end up winning the whole thing as a 14 seed

so on espnnews, the Yukon women almost losing to a ranked womens team is a bigger story than the Yukon men losing to Northeastern. LOL

It may be a bigger story in Connecticut as well.

My question is: if they lost both games in front of a total of 17,096 fans (that's an average home attendance of 8,548), did it really happen?

As a point of reference, we got 23,844 against Colgate.

1e1440d11db5ffce684c19df3cb56747fee39a9d878de34db103383ca33bf999.jpg

Anyone want to get a condolences E-Card going? We can send it over to the boneyard and help them moarn the death of their program.

I'm in.with the picture of scotch tape on Ollie's face.

We lost to St. Johns last year and still made the final 4.
Yes but when you play in the ACC you can win games against Duke, ND, etc. and get those OOC wins against A&M to boost your resume. When you play in the AAC (who currently who has 1 ranked team, #24 Cincinnati), you don't have many chances to get resume building wins. Add that to the fact that IF they lose to Oklahoma State in Maui, it is very likely the only ranked teams they will play all year will be us and Cincinnati. When that's the case, you better win like 28 games (losing to Wagner and Northeastern doesn't help in this regard), or win your conference tourney. Now the AAC Tourney is in Hartford this year, but Ollie is certainly putting UConn in a tough spot.

hungrychuck said:
Wait are we playing Holy Cross High School, from Waterbury. Mark Konecky's old school?

Thought we were playing the college from Mass.

Oops, I always forget where those mid major schools are. If it wasn't in the name, I would forget where UConn is.

Yes but when you play in the ACC you can win games against Duke, ND, etc. and get those OOC wins against A&M to boost your resume. When you play in the AAC (who currently who has 1 ranked team, #24 Cincinnati), you don't have many chances to get resume building wins. Add that to the fact that IF they lose to Oklahoma State in Maui, it is very likely the only ranked teams they will play all year will be us and Cincinnati. When that's the case, you better win like 28 games (losing to Wagner and Northeastern doesn't help in this regard), or win your conference tourney. Now the AAC Tourney is in Hartford this year, but Ollie is certainly putting UConn in a tough spot.
It doesn't matter this year. We're dancing this year.

They're down by 4 at the half. Is there anyone who has a whinier face than Kevin Ollie?

And gotta love SNY's 90's graphics.
They're down by 4 at the half. Is there anyone who has a whinier face than Kevin Ollie?

And gotta love SNY's 90's graphics.
You know the answer to your question.

Well, at least the answer that lazy college B-ball fans, including journalists, come up with all the time, as I alluded to earlier elsewhere.

Only because she seems to be guffawing and moving involuntarily to some really lousy Disney Channel 90s tween "comedy", All I can hear on the computer is the laugh track.

Or maybe the girl is quite sophisticated for her age and has something interesting tucked between her legs.

We lost to St. Johns last year and still made the final 4.
First year coach, barely coached at the college level and would never be hired if not for his name.

St Johns seems to have improved since the start of THIS season. Won their first game by 47 and the second by 16 tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom