Wayne Williams off the team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Williams off the team

Holy crap... are we going to have to have an open tryout announcement to the student body?

Damn it...

WW would have been important, even if his role were to be a reserve DT. I honestly felt that with his size / athleticism, he could have gotten drafted with a solid year.

We're really depleted on the interior now.

Need Raymon to bounce back and stay healthy all season long. Need Samuels to sustain the momentum he began in spring, and Slayton to provide quality depth. Need at least one of the frosh [Clark, Cross] to be ready to play major minutes.

Christ... is there anybody else? I'm drawing a blank.

Can we get by with 4?

But then they wouldn't say "granted his release" would they?
Or they could have played this like Rutgers?

It's ok, Jekelish. I've been blowing minds all day.

I was actually wondering if we might see a little 3-4 this year with this development, but that's probably too difficult to pull off at this point.
Appears the strength of the defense rests on the performance of the LB's. We are slightly more deep in that position with some decent young talent, here's to creating a Steelers type of defense with LB's flying around the field and attacking from all angles.

Huge loss. I don't care where he was listed on depth chart he was in line for major snaps this season.

I wonder if we cant find a Juco DT who was overlooked. There has to be someone out there that can contribute. We need bodies

Looks like you got your answer now as to whether Steven will see action against LSU/Clemson/FSU

Yep.

He's working his ass off getting ready for this. Weight room in the morning, sprints and distance work in the afternoon. Was out there doing his 50s, 60s, 80s, and 110s around 1ish today. Heat index was 105F.

Yep.

He's working his ass off getting ready for this. Weight room in the morning, sprints and distance work in the afternoon. Was out there doing his 50s, 60s, 80s, and 110s around 1ish today. Heat index was 105F.
Can't wait for Steven and Shy to hit campus. Those two are working so hard, they are gonna be ready (physically) to compete, I have no doubts.

Huge loss. I don't care where he was listed on depth chart he was in line for major snaps this season.

I wonder if we cant find a Juco DT who was overlooked. There has to be someone out there that can contribute. We need bodies

Already have the max 25 recruits in this class.

The only way to bring in a JUCO would be if Blair doesn't qualify.

And nobody wants to see that.

I'm going to guess here and say they end up reaching over to the other side of the ball and tap some OL beef to use in goal line/ short yardage situations at least.
Where is Alex Hayes on the depth chart? I can picture him playing on the D line.

I got out of breath just reading that, and now I'm cramping.

I'm sure Ty Cross is doing the same thing. The biggest concern will be how quickly Ty and Steven learn the defense, and how quickly they can adapt to the speed of the college game. That, and improving technique. Don't expect All-American play out of them, as they are young. But, I do believe that they won't embarrass the team, either.

Where is Alex Hayes on the depth chart? I can picture him playing on the D line.

Mike Sklarosky made the reverse switch, recruited for DL and played on OL - maybe there's someone else that can make the same switch.

I'm sure Ty Cross is doing the same thing. The biggest concern will be how quickly Ty and Steven learn the defense, and how quickly they can adapt to the speed of the college game. That, and improving technique. Don't expect All-American play out of them, as they are young. But, I do believe that they won't embarrass the team, either.

I got full faith in them and already respect them immensely for being ready to rise to the occasion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom