Wayne Williams off the team | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Williams off the team

Agree 100% intellectually, but we need to be able to rotate guys inside to stop the run.

I'll bet Shafer is kicking himself for not renewing Ryan Sloan's scholarship...
the kid was constantly overweight and blind in one eye. I doubt it.

the kid was constantly overweight and blind in one eye. I doubt it.

Let's consider the facts. In addition to Wayne Williams, we've lost DTs Isaiah Johnson and Marcus Coleman, both to career ending injuries.

We're facing a situation where we have significantly compromised depth on the interior of the line, as well as question marks at DE.

One guy we're counting on to start is coming off of a catostropic leg injury. The other is a redshirt freshman who's never played.

Behind them, we have a converted DT who has zero game experience at the position, and two true frosh.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a senior like Ryan Sloan would have found a way into the rotation as a platoon DT / NT. And I'm quite sure that Shafer probably wishes he hadn't rushed him off, given all of the other unexpected dominoes that toppled, decimating depth at the DT position.

That one was for you. Glad you noticed XOXO.
of course, i read everything.

and your position on this is that because we dont know or havnt seen shafer with this or lester do that...that we should all just hold our breaths and hope for the best.

ridiculous. we are here to DISCUSS ALL POSSIBLE OUTCOMES.

which means the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

and quite often we pie in the sky an 8 win season or what not, but you keep getting focused...and lost, on people questioning the unknown.

and in year 3, the unknown 1st of all is a ridiculous thing to count on, and if history has told us anything about the unknown this deep into a process...its that the unknown will prove to be bad.

so, let me ask you something, because, and im sorry but...your posts really come of like wishing on rainbows and unicorns.

im just tryin to figure out who the cusian is. so lets say you wake up on a fine saturday morn around 7am and theres a bottle of whisky and a bottle of milk sitting on the kitchen table with a note...and that note says that you can only have 1 (unlimited refills) for the entire weekend, which do you choose??

dumb question i know, but there it is. no water, no food. just whisky or milk. 48 hours.

what do you choose??

and why...

KaiserUEO said:
of course, i read everything. and your position on this is that because we dont know or havnt seen shafer with this or lester do that...that we should all just hold our breaths and hope for the best. ridiculous. we are here to DISCUSS ALL POSSIBLE OUTCOMES. which means the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. and quite often we pie in the sky an 8 win season or what not, but you keep getting focused...and lost, on people questioning the unknown. and in year 3, the unknown 1st of all is a ridiculous thing to count on, and if history has told us anything about the unknown this deep into a process...its that the unknown will prove to be bad. so, let me ask you something, because, and im sorry but...your posts really come of like wishing on rainbows and unicorns. im just tryin to figure out who the cusian is. so lets say you wake up on a fine saturday morn around 7am and theres a bottle of whisky and a bottle of milk sitting on the kitchen table with a note...and that note says that you can only have 1 (unlimited refills) for the entire weekend, which do you choose?? dumb question i know, but there it is. no water, no food. just whisky or milk. 48 hours. what do you choose?? and why...

Whisky. Of course. Because if I'm not eating I'll need something to keep me happy.

Now onto your assertions. I'm fine with discussing the good, bad, ugly. I just don't like assuming that because we don't know something it's automatically bad and ugly. I've been consistent in this.

And given the choice between believing in unicorns and rainbows or a big ugly monster around every corner... I choose optimism. Better way to live and be a fan, IMO.

Would we need to have additional roster attrition to potentialy add another platoon DT [i.e., a serviceable JUCO or prep school prospect], to bolster depth?
Yes. Would need a member of the class of 2015 to not show up.

Let's consider the facts. In addition to Wayne Williams, we've lost DTs Isaiah Johnson and Marcus Coleman, both to career ending injuries.

We're facing a situation where we have significantly compromised depth on the interior of the line, as well as question marks at DE.

One guy we're counting on to start is coming off of a catostropic leg injury. The other is a redshirt freshman who's never played.

Behind them, we have a converted DT who has zero game experience at the position, and two true frosh.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a senior like Ryan Sloan would have found a way into the rotation as a platoon DT / NT. And I'm quite sure that Shafer probably wishes he hadn't rushed him off, given all of the other unexpected dominoes that toppled, decimating depth at the DT position.
And Jalen Harvey to transfer.

Whisky. Of course. Because if I'm not eating I'll need something to keep me happy.

Now onto your assertions. I'm fine with discussing the good, bad, ugly. I just don't like assuming that because we don't know something it's automatically bad and ugly. I've been consistent in this.

And given the choice between believing in unicorns and rainbows or a big ugly monster around every corner... I choose optimism. Better way to live and be a fan, IMO.
nobody ever said the unknown automatically bad, nobody. ever.

discussing it is wise.

KaiserUEO said:
nobody ever said the unknown automatically bad, nobody. ever. discussing it is wise.

C'mon. Must be Stockholm Syndrome or something. You really can't tell?

So we have a new OC. Does that elicit hope or "here we go again"?

I do not want to see Hayes flip, bright future on the OL.

Agree. I really liked what I saw from Hayes in limited time last year. I have him pegged as a starter at OC or OG next season.

How about shifting to a 3-4? It might help preserve our DL depth... I could also see Thompson, Simmons, and Arciniega making awesome 3-4 pass rushers

No where near enough size. In a 3-4 you need 280-300lb DE's, and 250- 260lb OLB's.

of course, i read everything.

and your position on this is that because we dont know or havnt seen shafer with this or lester do that...that we should all just hold our breaths and hope for the best.

ridiculous. we are here to DISCUSS ALL POSSIBLE OUTCOMES.

which means the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

and quite often we pie in the sky an 8 win season or what not, but you keep getting focused...and lost, on people questioning the unknown.

and in year 3, the unknown 1st of all is a ridiculous thing to count on, and if history has told us anything about the unknown this deep into a process...its that the unknown will prove to be bad.

so, let me ask you something, because, and im sorry but...your posts really come of like wishing on rainbows and unicorns.

im just tryin to figure out who the cusian is. so lets say you wake up on a fine saturday morn around 7am and theres a bottle of whisky and a bottle of milk sitting on the kitchen table with a note...and that note says that you can only have 1 (unlimited refills) for the entire weekend, which do you choose??

dumb question i know, but there it is. no water, no food. just whisky or milk. 48 hours.

what do you choose??

and why...
Gallon challenge, because YOLO

I really hope Thompson is not moved inside again. Why weaken two positions? It's clear that Thompson could become a weapon as an edge rusher. Keep him as an end and let him use his athletic ability to rush the passer. Our secondary could very well be a disaster; I'd think a pass rush is imperative and Thompson could be the key.

Totally agree. We really can't afford to move our most explosive player inside where he just isn't the same. He can be very good at DE, but average inside. He just doesn't have the size to make an impact. We have to find a way that doesn't include moving Ron inside. Really wish we had Sloan, or even better, Harvey.

Totally agree. We really can't afford to move our most explosive player inside where he just isn't the same. He can be very good at DE, but average inside. He just doesn't have the size to make an impact. We have to find a way that doesn't include moving Ron inside. Really wish we had Sloan, or even better, Harvey.

Team is going to have to move at least 1 guy from the OL to DL for depth purposes if nothing else. Might also not be the worst idea to take a look at all incoming linemen regardless of what side of the ball they were initially recruited for to see if they can make an impact, you never know what you might stumble into.

Taylor Hindy has DT size - I wonder if he would be an option? He did play D Line in High School.

At G we're 4 deep with Palmer, Robinson, Hayes and Roberts, probably the best depth we have on the O line unit as far as quality. He's more or less buried on the G depth chart and will be even further so when the true frosh arrive.

Taylor Hindy has DT size - I wonder if he would be an option? He did play D Line in High School.

At G we're 4 deep with Palmer, Robinson, Hayes and Roberts, probably the best depth we have on the O line unit as far as quality. He's more or less buried on the G depth chart and will be even further so when the true frosh arrive.

Palmer's stuck playing OOP at RT, though [best option given the personnel at hand], isn't he?

Palmer's stuck playing OOP at RT, though [best option given the personnel at hand], isn't he?

Yeah you're right, I forgot he's at RT for now.

TheCusian said:
C'mon. Must be Stockholm Syndrome or something. You really can't tell? So we have a new OC. Does that elicit hope or "here we go again"?

People are capable of complex thought. To your question, I am hopeful that Lester is great. I'm also still a bit disillusioned at the process, or lack thereof, that led to his permanent hiring.

You're trying to hard to pigeon hole people and read negative into discussions.

Scooch said:
People are capable of complex thought. To your question, I am hopeful that Lester is great. I'm also still a bit disillusioned at the process, or lack thereof, that led to his permanent hiring. You're trying to hard to pigeon hole people and read negative into discussions.

No - don't think so. Once pressed, people say "sure, I'm hopeful" but that's not how most of its framed. I get the feeling that many people here assume the worst when given an unknown...

Look it's all good. Maybe I'm just wired to look at things with undue hope (rainbows and unicorns in Kaiser parlance). I'll drop it.

TheCusian said:
No - don't think so. Once pressed, people say "sure, I'm hopeful" but that's not how most of its framed. I get the feeling that many people here assume the worst when given an unknown... Look it's all good. Maybe I'm just wired to look at things with undue hope (rainbows and unicorns in Kaiser parlance). I'll drop it.

Neither assuming the worst nor assuming the best are particularly interesting for discussion since both rarely occur in the extreme.

Scooch said:
Neither assuming the worst nor assuming the best are particularly interesting for discussion since both rarely occur in the extreme.

Agreed. That's why I find the overtly negative assumptions so annoying (not you - but others).

Only a guess but academics may have played a role in William wanting outI doubt that he transfers to an Ivy League school.I presume Stanford and hander built are off the list for him. Academic have a way of punishing those who can't muster the ability to pass and graduate with a diploma.

[
Agreed. That's why I find the overtly negative assumptions so annoying (not you - but others).
when you see 1, id like you to please point it out.

im thinking its hidden behind the unicorn you are seeing...

[
when you see 1, id like you to please point it out.

im thinking its hidden behind the unicorn you are seeing...

Scooch: "Going to need to out score opponents this year. White knuckling doesn't appear to be an option."

OttoinGrotto:

"hehe

hehehehehehehehehehehe

heheHAHAHAheheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:whew:

man scooch, you crazy"

Scooch: "Going to need to out score opponents this year. White knuckling doesn't appear to be an option."

OttoinGrotto:

"hehe

hehehehehehehehehehehe

heheHAHAHAheheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:whew:

man scooch, you crazy"
good humour there.

youre definetly choosing the milk.

Until I read this post, I had forgotten about each person who we no longer have (like Sloan).

Long term we'll fix it. 2015, this is really bad. Can you even let those that are left have full contact practices?

KaiserUEO said:
good humour there. youre definetly choosing the milk.

You asked for an example assuming the worst when there are unknowns. I laid it out for you.

And with the heat, I prefer a gin and tonic.

To the pasture with you old Kaiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom