What must John Wildhack consider as he decides Dino Babers’ fate? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

What must John Wildhack consider as he decides Dino Babers’ fate?

not saying he's walking away from anything just wondering what length of an extension you give to a 62 year old man with mediocre credentials. if they win out i'm not sure how Wildhack would set this up. He probably would like another hoops situation where the next guy is on the staff and could take over assuming this ship is righted.

it's a complicated situation unless dino is done and there isn't an extension talk. he isn't the most open book so it wouldn't surprise if he walked away too (he'll get his 2024 money no matter what)

How is 33-53 (38.4%) and 18-43 (29.5%) mediocre?

Am I right or wrong - college football is maybe 60-65% recruiting, and the remainder split between luck, conditioning, and coaching (gameday decisions)?

Looking ahead, what's the going rate for some standout offensive linemen? We need to prioritize our offensive line in the transfer portal. LA is a solid running back, and I believe we will have to rely on our running game next year due to the QB uncertainty. Embrace the power run game and excel in play action.

I mean if this team had a capable back up on the roster, then surely we would have seen him by now, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking ahead, what's the going rate for some standout offensive linemen? We need to prioritize our offensive line in the transfer portal. LA is a solid running back, and I believe we will have to rely on our running game next year due to the QB uncertainty. Embrace the power run game and excel in play action.

I mean if this team had a capable back up on the roster, the surely we would have seen him by now, no?

Utah boosters gave all their players a 1 year lease on a pick-up truck.

A quality portal OL won't come cheap.

I mean if this team had a capable back up on the roster, the surely we would have seen him by now, no?
Coaches say offensive lineman are the hardest to get in the portal because everybody wants them.

LSU didnt pay any of that money though, Donors did.. if someone wants to throw 20 million to the AD he probably would be much more aggressive with hiring.firing
The point is...we don't have the money.....

Utah boosters gave all their players a 1 year lease on a pick-up truck.

A quality portal OL won't come cheap.

We just need to find a car dealer willing to put his logo on 5 trucks and let OL drive them around for a year.

It practically sells itself!

I think anyway.

We just need to find a car dealer willing to put his logo on 5 trucks and let OL drive them around for a year.

It practically sells itself!

I think anyway.

raf,750x1000,075,t,353d77:4d8b4ffd91.u5.jpg

It all keeps coming back to what we as Cuse fans need to accept...We don't have the money to do what is going to be required to raise this program to the level we all dream of. Not in this new era where you can buy players. Coach O got 17 Million to walk!!!! Then they had enough money to get a coach from Notre Dame!!!! People on here want to talk about lack of commitment being the problem, that is only true if you say we have a lack of people committed to give us hundreds of millions of dollars, then yes, it is a lack of commitment.
You do realize a ND booster literally pays the OC's salary right? LSU had boosters buy out Coach O .. you are comparing apples to an orange. Jimbo Fisher when he is finally fired will be ushered out by big oil boosters ... this spend money mantra is the fanbases not the universities. So if you wish to hammer home a high level of commitment feel free to make your next check payable to Dino Babers.

Maybe pumping $150 million into facilities when that isn't the name of the game in college sports anymore isn't a great decision? Tell those donors that their money is better spent on NIL for recruiting/retention and attracting/maintaining a head coach and a competent and well-rounded coaching staff. Keep up with the times.

The excuses from SU and SUAD are so lame. Make better decisions. If Dino isn't gone after this season then there isn't a reason for Wildhack to the AD. Blah blah blah with the excuses but football is king and this is setting up to be pathetic.
Those donors get a tax deduction for donation to buildings. They don't for NIL. And that makes a big difference. Don't for a second think it doesn't.

If any AD at any university goes to their BOT with a request to terminate a coach and they are denied, they would resign.
Really? LOL Yeah because great jobs are easy to get. People get turned down for things they really, really, really, want all the time and they don't resign.

Last edited:
Really? LOL Yeah because great jobs are easy to get. People get turned for things they really, really, really want all the time and they don't resign.
No AD is going to go to the board unless he feels 100% about it. You tell me, how are you supposed to do the job if someone over your head is making all the decisions.

No AD is going to go to the board unless he feels 100% about it. You tell me, how are you supposed to do the job if someone over your head is making all the decisions.
Most times, an executive gets what they want from a board. But certainly not always. And almost never, does anyone resign because of it.

$1.85 Billion endowment as of June 2023. Take a few bucks from that
No school would touch their endowment to fire or hire a coach. By the way, that 1.8 billion is kind of low for a endowment. B.C. has an endowment of 3.7 UNC has an endowment of 5.16 Pitt has an endowment of 5.5 We run ahead of Miami, FSU, UConn, UMass but don't run ahead of many.

Dino is 62 years old right? Mac was 60 when he left Syracuse right? I mean at some point any extension has to consider this man's age coaching a game that spits out older people. This isn't a Syracuse legend we're protecting like James Arthur.

I wonder if they get to a bowl what Dino really wants. I'm sure he'd love a guaranteed 20 year deal but at some point he may not want this anymore. He's made what 15mm at Syracuse? His lifestyle may intersect with his health at some point wanting to continue with this nonsense.

I'm curious if he walks away. We're discounting this as a possibility.
Over 25 million

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom