Will CJ definitely be back next year? | Syracusefan.com

Will CJ definitely be back next year?

seanmac1844

Scout Team
He is playing the best ball of his career, already at least 21 or 22, and has a great game on the biggest stage. I love the kid. I hope he is back, but after tonight, not so sure.

Yes, he will be an All-American next year if he improves and plays like himself.

I was thinking about this during the game and I have no idea but he really needs to work on his off hand for the NBA I would think. He is too limited on going left

His footwork reminds me of Melo to a certain extent, has always been smooth and patient. He is so underrated, hope he's back.

No reason to think otherwise. If C.J. Had James level of Athleticism... Maybe not, but he doesn't. So he will be back next year, team leader, and general superman. He will be a ACC POY candidate, and will go into the NBA as a future long-time role player.

The ONLY reason he might not be back is because this is such a weak draft. However, he could have a John Wallace/Hakim Warrick type season next year and also carry us deep into another tourney run.

I'll be floored if he leaves.

The ONLY reason he might not be back is because this is such a weak draft. However, he could have a John Wallace/Hakim Warrick type season next year and also carry us deep into another tourney run.

I'll be floored if he leaves.

Pretty much this. He's still very limited as a prospect. Honestly think he may be drafted earlier if he comes back and improves on his offhand/gets his shot quicker.

I'd be shocked if left early. Shocked.

I was thinking about this during the game and I have no idea but he really needs to work on his off hand for the NBA I would think. He is too limited on going left

This type of comment is really getting old. This nonsense was started by a poster that thinks CJ doesn't have the "ceiling" of James. I don't give a ratsarse if he can or can't go right. He is great and I can't imagine where we would be this year without him. The same poster said he was our 4th option repeatedly. Choose another whipping boy guys. It's a good thing he can go left or they might have held us to 35. lol. We can replace Casper but we sure can't replace a one handed CJ. Nitpick someone else and if you feel that you have to do it, how about waiting for him to have a bad game. Might be awhile.

Yeah, he's a great player and I think dominating and getting stronger will help him in his pro career.

There might not be an NCAA player next season in line to get the attention CJ will and he's not that undersized he has to come back and have a monster season and go to the NBA better and stronger.

Dudley at BC was a 4 year player with no real position that you can compare CJ too who kept returning and getting bigger and stronger and has found himself starting in the NBA for years. Warrick is a similar guy who had a long NBA career after refining his game at SU for 4 years.

CJ will have a monster year and will get drafted. He isn't so small/undersized that he has to grasp at a chance to go second round because it might not exist the following season.

This type of comment is really getting old. This nonsense was started by a poster that thinks CJ doesn't have the "ceiling" of James. I don't give a ratsarse if he can or can't go right. He is great and I can't imagine where we would be this year without him. The same poster said he was our 4th option repeatedly. Choose another whipping boy guys. It's a good thing he can go left or they might have held us to 35. lol. We can replace Casper but we sure can't replace a one handed CJ. Nitpick someone else and if you feel that you have to do it, how about waiting for him to have a bad game. Might be awhile.
What? We're talking about whether pro sc0uts will want to draft him high enough for him to want to go pro. He's a fabulous college player and no one said any different.

He's not especially quick or quick off the floor and only uses his left hand. I agree that this will be held against him by sc0uts.

i think he will definitely put his name in the draft, compete at some camps and see how he does. if this wasn't one of the weakest drafts in draft history he almost surely will come back, but because of the lack of depth i really do think we have to worry a bit. he's got some buzz going (especially after tonight), so if he goes out and performs well at pre-draft camps and solidifies himself as a 1st rounder i could see him jumping. it's more the drastic difference in this draft compares to next years, which will be much much deeper. this may be the best time for him to maximize value. i know i will be sweating out this next month waiting his decision. either way i wish him the best he has had one of the most under rated seasons in the history of syracuse basketball.

What? We're talking about whether pro sc0uts will want to draft him high enough for him to want to go pro. He's a fabulous college player and no one said any different.

He's not especially quick or quick off the floor and only uses his left hand. I agree that this will be held against them by sc0uts.
:rolling:And I'm saying it's a shame that you guys are bringing up his flaws tonight. What? to you. Nice last sentence. Kudus to CJ for a great game.

CJ is a very good college player, but I struggle to see him being such a good NBA prospect. He's good at numerous things, but I don't think he's good enough at them for the NBA right now. He's 6'6-7" tops, really can't go right, isn't overly quick or athletic and needs to really work on improving the quickness of his release on his jumper. He's too mechanical sometimes, especially with the 3 ball. He can return, improve even more over the summer, be the go-to guy, a first team all-ACC and maybe All-American and get himself into round 1 next year. I just don't see his game as being worthy of anything besides a late 2nd rounder right now.

i think he will definitely put his name in the draft, compete at some camps and see how he does. if this wasn't one of the weakest drafts in draft history he almost surely will come back, but because of the lack of depth i really do think we have to worry a bit. he's got some buzz going (especially after tonight), so if he goes out and performs well at pre-draft camps and solidifies himself as a 1st rounder i could see him jumping. it's more the drastic difference in this draft compares to next years, which will be much much deeper. this may be the best time for him to maximize value. i know i will be sweating out this next month waiting his decision. either way i wish him the best he has had one of the most under rated seasons in the history of syracuse basketball.

This is a really good post and completely sums CJ's situation up. I to will root for him even if he goes he had a great year and has been great for us his 3 years here. Hopefully we get one more.

:rolling:And I'm saying it's a shame that you guys are bringing up his flaws tonight. What? to you. Nice last sentence. Kudus to CJ for a great game.
It's not a shame, it's relevant. If you don't want to see it then don't read a thread about CJ's draft possibilities.

CJ is a superb college player but not a pro IMHO. He's good at everything but not great at anything. And you have to be great at something to make it in the pros. That said, I'll be cheering for him to make it AFTER completing his senior season.

Regardless of what kind of pro career CJ might have, has nobody learned from past SU players that that is far from the only factor involved in whether they leave early or not? Does anyone here remember the last words in Of Mice and Men?

The problem with message boards is the logic doesn't always translate into real life. If anyone needs a reminder, look at the last week of posting vs last night's game.

That said, I think there is a very good chance CJ will come back and that doing so would have a good chance of really boosting his prospects. But it wouldn't be completely shocking to me if it wasn't the case, especially if he gets convinced by someone that the time is right and that he shouldn't let the chance of injury linger another year. Maybe he watched the Louisville game last week too. I just think it's silly when some of the posts on here come off as having an absolutely correct answer for a 21 year old from Baltimore's biggest life decision so far, regardless of which side of the fence they are on about it.

CJ is an NBA player. Not a star..not even a starter perhaps..but he will make a roster.

Regardless of what kind of pro career CJ might have, has nobody learned from past SU players that that is far from the only factor involved in whether they leave early or not? Does anyone here remember the last words in Of Mice and Men?
That's why I'm trying to see it through NBA eyes. I'm not saying he needs another year to develop his skills, I'm saying I don't think he has the NBA quickness that someone his size needs and I believe NBA teams will see that.

If he develops his right hand next year, a team might be more likely to take a chance on him.

You can't put your name in and go to draft camps anymore I don't think. Pretty sure the camps/ combine take place in May or something and players have to declare before the end of April.

In the locker room after the game he said he "didn't think it's my time yet"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom