Woody Newton | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
My source says that Woody is staying put.

source.png

He would have a chance to play for at least 10-15 minutes and at that point he could show his game and if he is as good as he thinks he is, take playing time from the other guys. Is he going to get a better role than that at a major program somewhere, I doubt it.
I feel that a contributor does more than one thing (shooting (scorer), rebounding, passing, defense). Woody in limited appearances is a shooter who has not yet demonstrated any of the other attributes. In high school, his strength was putting the ball in the basket.

I like to see him have the chance to show what he can do.

If Quincy and Alan leave, Woody’s competition would be Jim Boeheim Jr, Ben Williams and Cole Swider, all coming in with the idea that they will have playing time.

Believe he and Ben Williams would primarily compete at Small Forward.

He showed some quickness defensively, Played well at top of zone when asked. Positioning and instincts in zone usually take some time, if he stays he will learn and be fine. Is he patient enough to learn, if not how good a career will he have anywhere at a big time program.

So two things would have to happen for Woody to stay based on the prior board insider information in my opinion. Probably first and foremost he and JB would have to break bread and put whatever happened between them. Can that happen? Second someone needed to contrast the opportunity he has at Syracuse versus a saturated portal market. Taking into account a possible maturity issue Woody may seem to have based on the supposed IG trolling and what seems to have partially been the issue in his beef with JB, I just don't see him coming back. I would be happy to be wrong here given his ceiling on the court. He is silky smooth out there but I just don't see it. Especially if he has spent the last few months poisoning the wells so to speak with Frank and Kadary. I can't imagine Woody or JB let's this go past Friday this week. Your either on the team and you want to be a part of the program or you don't. So by close of business tomorrow we should know.

So two things would have to happen for Woody to stay based on the prior board insider information in my opinion. Probably first and foremost he and JB would have to break bread and put whatever happened between them. Can that happen? Second someone needed to contrast the opportunity he has at Syracuse versus a saturated portal market. Taking into account a possible maturity issue Woody may seem to have based on the supposed IG trolling and what seems to have partially been the issue in his beef with JB, I just don't see him coming back. I would be happy to be wrong here given his ceiling on the court. He is silky smooth out there but I just don't see it. Especially if he has spent the last few months poisoning the wells so to speak with Frank and Kadary. I can't imagine Woody or JB let's this go past Friday this week. Your either on the team and you want to be a part of the program or you don't. So by close of business tomorrow we should know.

Really.
Thanks for the scoop. Didn’t know you have an actual source within the program.
Just a logical conclusion that seems to evade you.

I’ve seen nothing out of Red or GMac that makes me think they are capable of rebuilding Syracuse basketball to where we expect it to be.

Time to close the book on the JB era and open a new era.
LOL

l never knew that once you put your name in the portal you can't return to your old school without your coaches blessing.....

l never knew that once you put your name in the portal you can't return to your old school without your coaches blessing...

They are not required to hold the scholly for players in the portal.

Will they? Maybe.
Depends on if they get somebody else to use it on, or not.

It's only fair.
If the player wants the ability to explore their options, then so can the program.

I can't fathom a scenario where Woody stays... Does that mean Jimmy Jr is a no go? Woody has been promised more run? I just don't see it... Can someone play out a scenario for me?

I can't fathom a scenario where Woody stays... Does that mean Jimmy Jr is a no go? Woody has been promised more run? I just don't see it... Can someone play out a scenario for me?
Probably needs to know a scholarship is out there before he enters the portal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom