wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall for a lester-shafer conversation? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall for a lester-shafer conversation?

He was roundly and repeatedly criticized/questioned for his in-game decisions on the board.

Every coach is questioned about in-game decisions - regardless of how silly some it might be.

There was no groundswell for him to be fired - that's nonsense.

There was almost uniform agreement that he was doing an outstanding job - and that was true - he did do an outstanding job.

A bowl game/win in Year Two with a team that had won 10 games in the previous four years before he took over is by definition outstanding work.

And the 2011 follow up was a reflection of lack of depth and some tough luck after a really solid 5-2 start.

Marrone had a great run on the Hill. I wish he had stayed and so do most of the posters on this board.

Every coach is questioned about in-game decisions - regardless of how silly some it might be.

There was almost uniform agreement that he was doing an outstanding job - and that was true - he did do an outstanding job.

A bowl game/win in Year Two with a team that had won 10 games in the previous four years before he took over is by definition outstanding work.

And the 2011 follow up was a reflection of lack of depth and some tough luck after a really solid 5-2 start.

Marrone had a great run on the Hill. I wish he had stayed and so do most of the posters on this board.

Um, no. I joined this board to defend him mid-2012 after lurking through tons and tons of questions about his future as coach.

He did a good job of taking a very bad team to mediocre. That by definition is not outstanding.

Babers team this season would be bowling in 2010. Last years Shafer team might have.

The post you originally responded to (and my subsequent reply) said nothing about FHCDM being fired. Just that he was not a good game manager.

The post you originally responded to (and my subsequent reply) said nothing about FHCDM being fired. Just that he was not a good game manager.

He was a very good coach in every respect.

He won a lot of games with minimal talent.

He was a very good coach in every respect.

He won a lot of games with minimal talent.
I didn't say he wasn't/didn't. I merely pointed out that your response claimed the OP said something that he didn't.