“The latest appointed savior at guard” | Syracusefan.com

“The latest appointed savior at guard”

Someone mockingly said that about Kadary.

Yeah...
he is the savior at guard.
nothing appointed about it

Right now he is clearly the best pg since Ennis left. I think he’s better than ennis. MCW was such a unique player and so defensively disruptive (esp paired with triche) that he’s hard to compare. But I think you probably have to go back to at least Jonny Flynn for a real comparison.
Just love him as a player. So in control (that bad to notwithstanding).

Right now he is clearly the best pg since Ennis left. I think he’s better than ennis. MCW was such a unique player and so defensively disruptive (esp paired with triche) that he’s hard to compare. But I think you probably have to go back to at least Jonny Flynn for a real comparison.
I would not go along with him being better than Ennis at this point. We forget how great he was. Everyone should and does love kadray, but Ennis was special. let's not forget that.

I know Gbinje wasn’t a true point guard, but he was a stud his senior year in 2016. But generally speaking I agree with you. Richmond feels like the best true point guard for Syracuse in quite some time.

You could see kadarys confidence growing more and more this game. His dribbling/driving and just all around game. Loved seeing him talking ish to one of the buffalo players even when we were down like 10 he was feelin it. Kids going to be special!

Ennis won a lot of games down the stretch. Ennis was much better offensively. They both have the same demeanor.

ennis was much better shooter.

Kadary though Is special, no doubt about it

I would not go along with him being better than Ennis at this point. We forget how great he was. Everyone should and does love kadray, but Ennis was special. let's not forget that.
I mean you’re probably right.
But ennis was a guy who played at exactly one speed, and that speed was very slow, and I think a lot of his glow comes from that 25-0 start, which was a lot of luck. No way ennis led team put up 100+ today.
That said I do think you’re right. Probably a bit over enthusiastic...

To me, it's less about he's better than/best since type stuff...

He is clearly talented, which is the first and foremost thing. He also fits this team very well. He needs to be more aggressive, but his ability to break down the defense, his hesi move, his defense... his ability to block shots from the guard position...

He had 13 pts, 8 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks (!!!) and a steal tonight and sure seemed to gain JB's trust.

I know Gbinje wasn’t a true point guard, but he was a stud his senior year in 2016. But generally speaking I agree with you. Richmond feels like the best true point guard for Syracuse in quite some time.

yes no question G was a better player that year. Not sure he was ever a point guard, which makes everything he accomplished even more impressive.

To me, it's less about he's better than/best since type stuff...

He is clearly talented, which is the first and foremost thing. He also fits this team very well. He needs to be more aggressive, but his ability to break down the defense, his hesi move, his defense... his ability to block shots from the guard position...

He had 13 pts, 8 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks (!!!) and a steal tonight and sure seemed to gain JB's trust.
I don't disagree with any of that. I love what the kid brings. To me, he should start. But I am not at practice every day and I know that.

MCW wasn’t a good shooter but had elite vision (his apg average was tops in the conference) and was great at attacking the rim off the bounce. Also an elite defender in the zone.

I think Kadary has a better handle than any big guard that has ever played for Cuse. Hes huge, smooth has excellent vision and a healthy swagger. Kids got all ACC in his future.

He has the tools to eventually be able to do it all as he gains experience and the outside shot improves. And he has b-ball IQ. Big, big fan.

I think Kadary has a better handle than any big guard that has ever played for Cuse. Hes huge, smooth has excellent vision and a healthy swagger. Kids got all ACC in his future.
I think we are only seeing a small sample of what he's capable of doing. He's really good at breaking guys down off the dribble but he's been a little hesitant with that so far. I think he looked more confident tonight and was starting to show some of his game. Kid is a stud!

Ennis won a lot of games down the stretch. Ennis was much better offensively. They both have the same demeanor.

Down the stretch? That team was hot garbage (I’m being kind calling it garbage) after the 25-0 start.

Down the stretch? That team was hot garbage (I’m being kind calling it garbage) after the 25-0 start.

I assume he means down the stretch of close games. That team pulled out a ton of close ones in the 25-0 start and Ennis was the biggest reason way.

Hes better than JG3, Jalen Carey, Frank Howard, Kaleb Joseph.

Basically the best we have had in a few years, and who deserves to play more minutes. Thats as far as I can go just yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom