105 Wins & 73 Losses | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

105 Wins & 73 Losses

this is fine but the go out a winner is way off. if you think JB wants to go out 19-12 as an 9 seed in the tourney than there is no point in us talking. the bigger point is that i fear we are due for a huge market correction when it comes to the fanbase. i'm absolutely positive that there are an increased number of folks that buy season tickets so they can flip them. as long as the team underperforms, it will chip away at attendance and i don't think people are ready to handle what rock bottom can be. the students are already dwindling unless its Duke. just be ready buddy

This post makes no sense. JB realizes there's issues and said so last night.

If you don't think we can get a good coach you're wrong. This was voted the 4th best job in the conference before the season.

i have yet to see a reply that provides any color about the program today - it's just throwing rocks - typical - at least try - i mean this is your defense - the jury took 1 sec

You said Carey should be playing 30 mpg and threw a bunch of crap at the wall about Roberson and said we can’t get good recruits to games and then we got one to UVA the next day, said we “fastbreaked with NBA talent from 89-95”(timeline was a little off there, chief)...you may know some things, but your credibility based on your basketball opinions and takes isn’t real high IMO.

Probably the Melo Center janitor or something.

You said Carey should be playing 30 mpg and threw a bunch of crap at the wall about Roberson and said we can’t get good recruits to games and then we got one to UVA the next day, said we “fastbreaked with NBA talent from 89-95”(timeline was a little off there, chief)...you may know some things, but your credibility based on your basketball opinions and takes isn’t real high IMO.

Reading between the lines that poster has some kind of connection to Autry and speaks zero bad about anything associated to him, but has no issues throwing JB, Gmac etc under the bus...

If that's the case I can only assume Autry isn't happy.

Dude has no credibility.

his phone has auto incorrect
This is why we can’t have nice things.
Too bad. You are to busy making excuses that Jim Boeheim himself acknowledges are true.
I love the fact I bother you it gives me a smile. I can tell you I care what other posters on this board think about me but I could give a chit what you think about me.
Nothing you said to counter my points is any more credible than what I have to say. Good job good effort though.

Last edited:
This is why we can’t have nice things.
Too bad. You are to busy making excuses that Jim Boeheim himself acknowledges are true.
I love the fact I bother you it gives me a smile. I can tell you I care what other posters on this board think about me but I could give a chit what you think about me.
Nothing you said to counter my points is any more credible than what I have to say. Good job good effort though.
Your humorlessness is funny.

We did land a 5 this year. And we missed on the others we were seeking.
I realize we missed. I was asking if you had any insight as to why.

CEO's that do not deliver results for let's say 3 or 4 or 5 quarters are terminated, it's not about what shareholder value they delivered 3 years ago (or further) , there is no consideration regarding excuses provided, results are results, it's about yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow - how are we doing? - SU basketball is in a results oriented business where winning is everything.

Same old JB basketball, terrible, just keep playing Frank Howard and Oshae - time after time they make the same bonehead plays, take them out and put in Carey & Braswell - what do you have to lose? The results and body of work clearly state it is not working.

Regarding other statements on this thread:

We missed on the center position b/c since Rak left our centers have not performed nor scored points, you have to understand kids that are juniors were not watching Rak Christmas his senior year, at least 95% of them didn't, the handlers believe there are better options, they include us in the final 5, but we are not a true top choice, I mean just look at all the guys we have missed on, guys that are not even top 100 that we really tried hard to reel in. It is not for a lack of trying and it is not on the asst coaches, its on JB.
I mean we lose out on kids to lower level ncaa schools. It the HC period.

Someone mentioned on the thread about the coaches not standing up to JB. You are 100% correct, they do not say a word, if and when they have he won't listen to it.

Carey is 95% a goner, there is a small chance he stays, but highly highly doubtful.
Their is also rumors that there is good chance Bourama transfers out as well.

Recruiting is only going downhill until changes are made - Yes maybe we get Andre, but that's it - it's due to many reasons including these -
#1 JB - would you want to play basketball at SU watching our games the past 4 years?
#2 -JB - the unknown of who will be coaching my son. it is reasonable to consider, highly unlikely that the coach who is recruiting you will be there by your senior season, and he won't play you as a freshman, and the competition is in their ears on it.

For those that thought we were not going to win vs VA, that's ridiculous, every winning coach, player etc. should be going into a game with every intention of winning, and that's why the VA loss was so terrible b/c our guys gave-up, they were run off their home floor and again that's on the coach.

Got to love when JB does his weekly radio show and is complaining, to quote we need better kids - i mean really? Go do your job.

For those that believe it has been the sanctions, i disagree, we have never used all of our scholarships and JB has not been able to lockdown the best players, and when we had Hopkins inbound as the next head coach, meaning how much worse it will get this time around, re the unknown, not that Hopkins was killing it here recruiting either - he got a few kids, but was not reeling in the majority of talent nor higher quality talent..if you look and know the facts

Gmac has been not been successful recruiting, he has got what 3 guys in how many years? Duke did not want Girard. They pulled out and Michigan no longer was interested either. Doesn't mean JGIII won't be a heck of a player, but the results are the results.

Look at recruiting - which coaches brought in which players - it's a no brainer who is the best recruiter on the staff, i am not saying he or any of the other asst coaches should be the next HC, i think we need new blood, and must have HC experience.

CEO's that do not deliver results for let's say 3 or 4 quarters are terminated, it's now about what shareholder they delivered 3 years ago (or further) , it's about yesterday, today and tomorrow.

On a positive note, I will say i have extremely high hopes for BG & QG, ...but if JB does not play them or has the short leash, it will be JC all over again. Jon Bol is not ready, he is a project. Where is JG playing with Buddy on the floor? No matter who/or what/or when - JB is starting Buddy - no ifs ands or buts.

Buddy has a fabulous shot, but he is a liability on defense and is currently only successful when he has a window to catch and shoot. That's difficult when we run a "go" offense, give the ball to a guard/wing and go 1 on 1.

Last edited:
CEO's that do not deliver results for let's say 3 or 4 or 5 quarters are terminated, it's not about what shareholder value they delivered 3 years ago (or further) , there is no consideration regarding excuses provided, results are results, it's about yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow - how are we doing? - SU basketball is in a results oriented business where winning is everything.

Same old JB basketball, terrible, just keep playing Frank Howard and Oshae - time after time they make the same bonehead plays, take them out and put in Carey & Braswell - what do you have to lose? The results and body of work clearly state it is not working.

We missed on the center position b/c since Rak left our centers have not performed nor scored points, you have to understand kids that are juniors were not watching Rak Christmas his senior year, at least 95% of them didn't, the handlers do not believe there are better options, they include us in the final 5, but we are not a true top choice, I mean just look at all the guys we have missed on, guys that are not even top 100 that we really tried hard to reel in. It is not for a lack of trying and it is not on the asst coaches, its on JB.

Someone mentioned on the thread about the coaches not standing up to JB. You are 100% correct, they do not say a word, if and when they have he won't listen to it.

Carey is 95% a goner, there is a small chance he stays, but highly highly doubtful.

Recruiting is only going downhill until changes are made - Yes maybe we get Andre, but that's it - it's due to many reasons including these -
#1 JB - would you want to play basketball at SU watching our games the past 4 years?
#2 -JB - the unknown of who will be coaching my son. it is reasonable to consider, highly unlikely that the coach who is recruiting you will be there by your senior season, and he won't play you as a freshman, and the competition is in their ears on it.

For those that thought we were not going to win vs VA, that's ridiculous, every winning coach, player etc. should be going into a game with every intention of winning, and that's why the VA loss was so terrible b/c our guys gave-up, they were run off their home floor and again that's on the coach.

Got to love when JB does his weekly radio show and is complaining, to quote we need better kids - i mean really? Go do your job.

For those that believe it has been the sanctions, i disagree, we have never used all of our scholarships and JB has not been able to lockdown the best players, and when we had Hopkins inbound as the next head coach, meaning how much worse it will get this time around, re the unknown, not that Hopkins was killing it here recruiting either - he got a few kids, but was not reeling in the majority of talent nor higher quality talent..if you look and know the facts

Gmac has been not been successful recruiting, he has got what 3 guys in how many years? Duke did not want Girard. They pulled out and Michigan no longer was interested either. Doesn't mean JGIII won't be a heck of a player, but the results are the results.

Look at recruiting - which coaches brought in which players - it's a no brainer who is the best recruiter on the staff, i am not saying he or any of the other asst coaches should be the next HC, i think we need new blood, and must have HC experience.

CEO's that do not deliver results for let's say 3 or 4 quarters are terminated, it's now about what shareholder they delivered 3 years ago (or further) , it's about yesterday, today and tomorrow.

On a positive note, I will say i have extremely high hopes for BG & QG, ...but if JB does not play them or has the short leash, it will be JC all over again. Jon Bol is not ready, he is a project. Where is JG playing with Buddy on the floor? No matter who/or what/or when - JB is starting Buddy - no ifs ands or buts.

Buddy has a fabulous shot, but he is a liability on defense and is currently only successful when he has a window to catch and shoot. That's difficult when we run a "go" offense, give the ball to a guard/wing and go 1 on 1.
Where did you hear JC is a goner because he has stated so many times he isn’t transferring

We missed on the center position b/c since Rak left our centers have not performed nor scored points, you have to understand kids that are juniors were not watching Rak Christmas his senior year, at least 95% of them didn't, the handlers do not believe there are better options, they include us in the final 5, but we are not a true top choice, I mean just look at all the guys we have missed on, guys that are not even top 100 that we really tried hard to reel in. It is not for a lack of trying and it is not on the asst coaches, its on JB.

Great post though.

Watching this thread(or board in general for me, lately) has become like watching 2 "bad guy wrestlers" fight...where you dont feel good rooting for either to win. Or like watching Duke/Kentucky in a title game.

Watching this thread(or board in general for me, lately) has become like watching 2 "bad guy wrestlers" fight...where you dont feel good rooting for either to win. Or like watching Duke/Kentucky in a title game.

i am not fighting, I was 100% wrong a few years ago , i thought JB would crush it when Hop departed, it has not worked out, I admit my mistakes and more importantly cut my losses, how much more time do we give it? We did get some big time recruits, he crushes them mentally, we have 2 big timers coming in, but the body of work is just not there.

Can't go back to the Big East or Pearl or Gmac and Melo, he doesn't get that long of a leash, the results are horrible, the Chancellor never wanted him coaching right now - he is watching closely - that's a fact

Our results are average at best. We are a bubble team who had a fabulous final four run and played great ball to the sweet sixteen, ok - it's not good enough. We belong in the top 10 every year, at worse top 15.

And you better believe Dino's success is not helping JB's case either.

i am not fighting, I was 100% wrong a few years ago , i thought JB would crush it when Hop departed, it has not worked out, I admit my mistakes and more importantly cut my losses, how much more time do we give it? We did get some big time recruits, he crushes them mentally, we have 2 big timers coming in, but the body of work is just not there.

Can't go back to the Big East or Pearl or Gmac and Melo, he doesn't get that long of a leash, the results are horrible, the Chancellor never wanted him coaching right now - he is watching closely - that's a fact

Our results are average at best. We are a bubble team who had a fabulous final four run and played great ball to the sweet sixteen, ok - it's not good enough. We belong in the top 10 every year, at worse top 15.

Posting things like “Carey is 95% gone” because “people told me”...is kinda...whatever.

95%? Can you really put a percent on something like that?

Same old JB basketball, terrible, just keep playing Frank Howard and Oshae - time after time they make the same bonehead plays, take them out and put in Carey & Braswell - what do you have to lose? The results and body of work clearly state it

Dude what is with the weird agenda? You can’t come close to putting a “bad game label” on Oshae. He was far and away the best player on the court. I assume you’re not watching the game.

Posting things like “Carey is 95% gone” because “people told me”...is kinda...whatever.

95%? Can you really put a percent on something like that?

OK - what would you prefer i say?

Having already said my bad guy wrestlers comment(which I stick by), I wasnt aiming it at you personally. As the OP of this thread, I will use one of my favorite lines, "That took courage". I know how it feels when I want to be the bad guy wrestler here and not tow the company line like a shill(oddly though, the most famous positive posters on here are the ones who have suddenly disappeared for reasons I cant share). A person can take a lot of abuse. You have to remember, this isnt the newspaper site where people are allowed to express how they really feel/think, so you may actually have more support than you think.

That said, I will go on record as saying I am not ready to give up on JB yet. Maybe it is a character flaw of mine, focusing a bit much on the past and on feelings, and I recognize that. I am not sure how many others on here do, though. I may not completely agree with you yet, but I welcome actual diversity(thought), which encourages growth.

I did not mean that you were the bad guy wrestler, but that the ideas themselves(or more so how they were expressed by some) were the bad guy wrestlers, if that makes sense.

Dude what is with the weird agenda? You can’t come close to putting a “bad game label” on Oshae. He was far and away the best player on the court. I assume you’re not watching the game.

Not sure what u are watching either - oshae was a big fat -12 for the game
Looking at the facts which are the stats.

Attachments

• stats su clem.png
    stats su clem.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 22
Not sure what u are watching either - oshae was a big fat -12 for the game
Looking at the facts which are the stats.

Yeah it was all his fault and not at all the guys around him right Sandra Dee?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom