15 extra practices... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

15 extra practices...

I hear that Austin Wilson does as well.

In the limited time I have seen both, they both look like they can spin it better than what we have right now.

Do you guys know this as a fact or just hoping that it's an extra practice for the young guys? I hope you're right and let's get that win on Saturday!

Fact

I just caught the beginning of Dana Holgorsen's weekly presser. I was taken there by an article indicating that he's not happy about having to practice on their game field ("nobody else does this"). Apparently, their game field is their only non-grass football field.

Any hoo... he indicated that since they didn't have a game this week that they'd spend 3-4 practices this week on player development. He specifically mentioned players who are red shirting and those that have been on the scout team. WfVU doesn't get the 15 extra practices this year, hence they're using the off week for that purpose.

In short, it's what everybody normally does with the first set of extra practices.

Fact

The practice question or that SU will beat Pitt? ;)

Thanks for the info, we need this win vs Pitt to get those 15 days and a bowl win would certainly be a nice thing as well.

I hear that Austin Wilson does as well.

Haven't heard anything specific about Wilson, but Just like Rocco I have heard Kimble has clearly separated himself out of the Freshman qb's, especially with his arm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Haven't heard anything specific about Wilson, but Just like Rocco I have heard Kimble has clearly separated himself out of the Freshman qb's, especially with his arm

Sent from my iPhone using -
Haven't heard that. All I have heard is that Wilson has been impressive as has Kimble.

The practice question or that SU will beat Pitt? ;)

Thanks for the info, we need this win vs Pitt to get those 15 days and a bowl win would certainly be a nice thing as well.

Its a fact that a good number of bowl practices are treated as developmental for the young kids.

Haven't heard that. All I have heard is that Wilson has been impressive as has Kimble.

I remember people saying Hunt could throw the ball 75 yards and hit a penny from 20 yards. Sometimes I think we ALL suffer from Sparky Andersonitis.

Kimble has better wheels. That's the biggest thing right now IMO.

With the proliferation of bowl games, going to a bowl game isn't really a signifier of anything any more, but missing a bowl game certainly is. Nobody looks at teams that miss bowl games with any frequency as anything less than the bottom of the barrel in the sport.
Bingo.

not that Lou says anything earth shattering, but its good to have a semi-regular poster without orange colored glasses on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom