cornell
at va tech
at ga tech
florida st
wake
at clemson
boston college
miami

at minimum we gotta be 15-5. i dont see us losing at the dome but we'll probably slip up 1 of those road games. clemson is a pretty tough venue. do you think we'll be ranked if we're 15-5 or 16-4?

I said this after Nova. I agree. We will be favored in 8 out of our first 9. UNC isn't great either. We can beat them. They lost to Iowa at home.

We may slip into the bottom half of the top25 if we were 16-4 headed into UNC but there are no real impressive wins to catch the voters attention there. It would be more a case of winning games while ranked teams lost them. Had we pulled off the Nova game we might be ranked right now that's how muddled college bball is after the top 8 or so teams.

eternal optimists... love it. could very easily be 12-8 as well.

my guess though is 14-6.

Unfortunately I don't think we're capable of winning that many conference games in a row. It's not a slight on this team, it's very difficult to do regardless.

I think we can all agree that last years team was better than this years team and last years team lost to BC, NCST, and GTech. I mean it's just very difficult for me to add that many wins to our record without a blink of an eye. At the end of the day our best victory is against an inconsistent Iowa team. I wish I could share the optimism but I'd genuinely be happy if we walk out of this with two losses.

I would sign up for 6-2. The schedule looks inviting but it's never easy in conference play. And I'm not confident our guys will be able to avoid a couple What performances, regardless of the opponent.

two3zone said:
Unfortunately I don't think we're capable of winning that many conference games in a row. It's not a slight on this team, it's very difficult to do regardless.

I think we can all agree that last years team was better than this years team and last years team lost to BC, NCST, and GTech. I mean it's just very difficult for me to add that many wins to our record without a blink of an eye. At the end of the day our best victory is against an inconsistent Iowa team. I wish I could share the optimism but I'd genuinely be happy if we walk out of this with two losses.

I don't think last years team was necessarily better than this years team. This team improving. Last years team kind of just stayed the same. If this years team continues to improve each game as they have been, I think this years team will be better than last year.

last year's team also squeaked out alot of close wins against pretty bad teams during that 25-0 run. if they lost a couple of those then we're probably not saying last year's team is definitely better. we were losing to miami both games midway 2nd half. at pitt and nc state wins we pulled out of our ass. first bc game we were losing in 2nd half. pitt at home we were losing late 2nd half. its not like that team was blowing everyone out during the 25-0 run.

CorduroyG said:
last year's team also squeaked out alot of close wins against pretty bad teams during that 25-0 run. if they lost a couple of those then we're probably not saying last year's team is definitely better. we were losing to miami both games midway 2nd half. at pitt and nc state wins we pulled out of our ass. first bc game we were losing in 2nd half. pitt at home we were losing late 2nd half. its not like that team was blowing everyone out during the 25-0 run.

Yeah but that team wasn't puffing it's chest out on a three point win over Iowa, two point win over La Tech and two losses.

When you're defining your season on your losses, you're not in good shape. I just think it's a little crazy we can actually sit here and predict 8 victories in a row, 7 ACC opponents, without batting an eye. I mean I hope you're right, I'm just not that optimistic.

Yeah but that team wasn't puffing it's chest out on a three point win over Iowa, two point win over La Tech and two losses.

When you're defining your season on your losses, you're not in good shape. I just think it's a little crazy we can actually sit here and predict 8 victories in a row, 7 ACC opponents, without batting an eye. I mean I hope you're right, I'm just not that optimistic.

im not predicting 16-4, id be very surprised if we get to 16-4, but its not impossible. you couldnt get a more softer start to the acc schedule. the team is playing much better than it was a month ago, if they keep it up they should win most of these upcoming games.

my guess though is 14-6.

"very easily" is a stretch. Those teams are not good (not saying we're great). 14-6 is possible. I'll bet my board life that we don't end up 12-8.

The ACC is possibly the 3rd strongest conference this season and we're starting conference play off with powderpuffs. I would be really disappointed with a single loss in the first 6 games, especially with how well we've played lately.

my guess though is 14-6.

If we go 4-4 over the next 8 games we will struggle to get to 15/16 wins on the season. Are you sure you are considering how badly we would have to play top lose 4 of the next 8 one of which is Cornell tonight?

Brooky03 said:
The ACC is possibly the 3rd strongest conference this season and we're starting conference play off with powderpuffs. I would be really disappointed with a single loss in the first 6 games, especially with how well we've played lately.

2 weeks ago we beat La Tech on a buzzer beater. Nova is good and we played great against them, but we're literally in the same position as we were last year, if Cooney has an off night, we pretty much lose. I know G has talent and I think he is a great player, but they need to keep being consistent for me to buy into them not being fools gold. We've literally beaten nobody.

I don't think last years team was necessarily better than this years team. This team improving. Last years team kind of just stayed the same. If this years team continues to improve each game as they have been, I think this years team will be better than last year.

Last year's team got worse; the team we see tonight isn't as good at the team that beat Duke, but I have no doubt it's better than the team that lost to Boston College. That team was awful.

2 weeks ago we beat La Tech on a buzzer beater. Nova is good and we played great against them, but we're literally in the same position as we were last year, if Cooney has an off night, we pretty much lose. I know G has talent and I think he is a great player, but they need to keep being consistent for me to buy into them not being fools gold. We've literally beaten nobody.

Wait! I'm pretty sure we've beaten 8 nobodies.

Last year's team got worse; the team we see tonight isn't as good at the team that beat Duke, but I have no doubt it's better than the team that lost to Boston College. That team was awful.

Its interesting because with the emergence of G, the way Cooney has been shooting and having a legit post man in Rak I think we very well could be a much more dynamic offensive squad than last years team. It will depend more on the complimentary guys Chris, Tyler, Kaleb being able to take advantage of their opening which will ultimately decide that though. Last year once teams played Ennis to Drive, face guarded Cooney and forced CJ to put the ball on the floor we really struggled. Grant didn't have the diversified game to make teams pay especially when they were able to force his catches to be 12+ out. Still defensively last years team was light years ahead of this years and are most important defensive player cannot afford foul trouble this year.

jordoo said:
Wait! I'm pretty sure we've beaten 8 nobodies.

image-3696362829.jpg

I'd rather get better than worse. This year's team is getting better. Last year's team got worse. We're at or a touch above the level of Iowa, UNC and Ohio State. I know we need to win the games on paper, but literally everyone has them as tournament teams.

the worst ACC team we play will be much better than anyone we have beat (outside of MAYBE Iowa). so i mean, yeah we could go 4-4 in the next 8. its far from a wild prediction (which i am not making by the way).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom