2 staff openings left - 3 positions | Syracusefan.com

2 staff openings left - 3 positions

PhatOrange

Living Legend
OL, DB and TE.

As well as assigning recruiting coordinator and special teams.

Mcdonald has coached TEs before.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mcdonald has coached TEs before.

TE is probably the easiest position for an OC to coach. Not really involved and the WR and OL coaches can bring them in as needed to work on catching, route running and blocking. In addition to serving as OC, Hackett coached the TEs last year, along with the QBs.

I hope Cody Catalina stays. He helped out a lot with the TEs and was really the primary coach at this position.

Agree with Tom that whomever they hire for the OL can probably also pick up the TE's. Maybe split duties with Moore here as well given the emphasis on pass catching by the TE's in the WC. I would think both of these hires are going to be Northeast guys to balance out the recruiting contacts.

TE is probably the easiest position for an OC to coach. Not really involved and the WR and OL coaches can bring them in as needed to work on catching, route running and blocking. In addition to serving as OC, Hackett coached the TEs last year, along with the QBs.

I hope Cody Catalina stays. He helped out a lot with the TEs and was really the primary coach at this position.

Marrone coached the TE's last year, didn't he?

Agree on Cody.

Yeah, its OL and DB.
McDonald will take TE. ST will be someone who has another position.

te can be filled by wr/ ol coach with wr guy working on route running/hands while ol works on blocking

Maybe HCSS coaches the DBs... he's done it before.

Maybe HCSS coaches the DBs... he's done it before.

I'm thinking that's a possibility or maybe even the DC takes DB. That would make a fulltime ST coach a possibility.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm thinking that's a possibility or maybe even the DC takes DB. That would make a fulltime ST coach a possibility.

I am going to completely make up a rumor that Bob Casullo is coming back for two years to coach special teams in order to maximize his years for a better pension.

Bullough was on the pre-game with Matt Park and swore he said DB is taken, don't know who's responsibility it is though.

I am going to completely make up a rumor that Bob Casullo is coming back for two years to coach special teams in order to maximize his years for a better pension.

That's as good a rumor as any.

Bullough was on the pre-game with Matt Park and swore he said DB is taken, don't know who's responsibility it is though.

Hmmm. Do you think he meant taken as in by someone on the staff or they have identified the coach they will bring in.

Hmmm. Do you think he meant taken as in by someone on the staff or they have identified the coach they will bring in.

i could be wrong, but i think he meant someone on the staff was covering it.

From the way Shafer addressed the open positions at the beginning of his presser "getting taken care of literally as we speak" I think it's likely they have a guy in line. And from the way he said that Bullough will be focusing mostly on the secondary it makes me think it's going to be a fairly fresh face. Although I could be completely wrong about that.

Why would we want a full time special teams coach. That seems like a waste. What's the guy going to do with he rest of his time - assist other positions?

Btw... the one thing nobody seems to be keeping track of... The S&C coach... Didn't Marrone take him to Buffalo?

Btw... the one thing nobody seems to be keeping track of... The S&C coach... Didn't Marrone take him to Buffalo?

Yep...any more word on the new OLine coach? The delay is making me think he's still coaching unless there is just a snafu in the contract that forces SU to wait to announce him.

I'm going to make up a rumor and say Dwight Freeney retires, and returns to SU as Asst. Strength and Conditioning coach.

Yep...any more word on the new OLine coach? The delay is making me think he's still coaching unless there is just a snafu in the contract that forces SU to wait to announce him.

I can't imagine Drevno would take the same position at SU unless AHC was tacked onto the title... Would be a great grab for us and he has experience coaching TEs.. That said, I just don't think it's likely..

And none of the other OL coaches for either team have ties to Shafer..

I can't imagine Drevno would take the same position at SU unless AHC was tacked onto the title... Would be a great grab for us and he has experience coaching TEs.. That said, I just don't think it's likely..

And none of the other OL coaches for either team have ties to Shafer..

Probably not so there has to be a reason why this is taking longer. Maybe no ties to but from SS to one Harbaugh then to the other brother. Would make sense recruiting wise too if he was from the DC area and I'd assume SS would trust the brother.

Probably not so there has to be a reason why this is taking longer. Maybe no ties to but from SS to one Harbaugh then to the other brother. Would make sense recruiting wise too if he was from the DC area and I'd assume SS would trust the brother.
Seems like a reach, but what do I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom