20 Under the Radar Breakout Players | Syracusefan.com

20 Under the Radar Breakout Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Benny Williams, Syracuse: Jim Boeheim needs mileage out of this former Top-50 recruit if Syracuse is going to finish in the middle of the ACC standings. The 6-8 Williams only averaged 1.9 points and 1.4 rebounds as a freshman, but had a solid 14-point, six-rebound outing late in the season against Duke. Williams’ ability to be a regular producer is a major storyline to watch for the Orange in 2022-23.

If Syracuse is going to finish in the middle of the ACC standings.

Uggh, thats our ceiling now, that says it all
Yeah. Sounds like a statement they would say in preseason of our football team due to the underwhelming success of past decades. Never heard that in my life in regards to cuse bball. Something’s gotta give soon here like really soon.

Yeah. Sounds like a statement they would say in preseason of our football team due to the underwhelming success of past decades. Never heard that in my life in regards to cuse bball. Something’s gotta give soon here like really soon.
I'm not sure what people expect, we lost 3 starters from a team that wasn't so good and we have 7 new players. If we are middle of the pack ACC, that is most likely a tourney team.

I'm not sure what people expect, we lost 3 starters from a team that wasn't so good and we have 7 new players. If we are middle of the pack ACC, that is most likely a tourney team.

Middle of the pack in the ACC with an extremely weak non conference schedule is no shoe in for the tourney.

Also - those facts are nice and all but those 3 starters led an under .500 team. So the expectation is return to relevance as it has been going on a few years now in this slide. New blood needs to mean better results these days. Excuses aren't gonna fly even if they are logical when you are talking a normal cuse team.

Middle of the pack in the ACC with an extremely weak non conference schedule is no shoe in for the tourney.

Also - those facts are nice and all but those 3 starters led an under .500 team. So the expectation is return to relevance as it has been going on a few years now in this slide. New blood needs to mean better results these days. Excuses aren't gonna fly even if they are logical when you are talking a normal cuse team.
Non-Cuse fans who write articles predicting Cuse in the ACC basement don't understand this point. They see a bad team that lost 3 starters and assume it will be much worse next year. I for one am extremely excited to replace our non-traditional Cuse players with traditional Cuse athletes (although I liked those guys from last year and wish them the best -- mean no offense to them). Yes, it may be a bumpy ride relying on so many freshmen, but there's a very good chance this team overachieves expectations since everyone assumes the worst. Their ceiling is much higher than last year's team, so I'm glad to get them going.

Ouch. While I certainly hope for him to be successful, I hope we're not reliant on Williams for anything more than defense, put-back dunks, and the occasional pass out to an open shooter.

It should be the Judah, Joe, and Jesse show.

Non-Cuse fans who write articles predicting Cuse in the ACC basement don't understand this point. They see a bad team that lost 3 starters and assume it will be much worse next year. I for one am extremely excited to replace our non-traditional Cuse players with traditional Cuse athletes (although I liked those guys from last year and wish them the best -- mean no offense to them). Yes, it may be a bumpy ride relying on so many freshmen, but there's a very good chance this team overachieves expectations since everyone assumes the worst. Their ceiling is much higher than last year's team, so I'm glad to get them going.
That’s not what he actually said.

Ouch. While I certainly hope for him to be successful, I hope we're not reliant on Williams for anything more than defense, put-back dunks, and the occasional pass out to an open shooter.

It should be the Judah, Joe, and Jesse show.
Yes, it appears the "3 J's" are the core.
Or perhaps their name shoud be the GEMs as in Girard, Edwards, Mintz

Seriously?

The floor is the worst team in the Boeheim era.
Yikes Rachel Dratch GIF - Yikes Rachel Dratch Debbie Downer ...

That's the part that's sad. Our expectations have been forced to change. They used to be top 25 team, having something to say about who won the league, with a top 5 seed in the tournament. Now they're I hope we're on the good side of the bubble.

Last edited:
Yes, it appears the "3 J's" are the core.
Or perhaps their name shoud be the GEMs as in Girard, Edwards, Mintz
If Benny averages 10+ and 5+ he is part of that core. If he can’t do that then watch out below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom