2012-2013 Syracuse Compared to 2013-2014 Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

2012-2013 Syracuse Compared to 2013-2014 Syracuse

cuse1223

Walk On
I was just thinking about this year's team from last year and how a Final Four team can come back stronger just 8 months after they lost the potential ROY in MCW, the best three point shooter on the team by a long shot in Big Game James, and an all around great leader in Triche. Of course Ennis, Grant, and Cooney as replacements isn't too bad. This is what I got though.

Offensively:
PG Ennis' Poise and ability to make teammates better > MCW playmaking ability with constant TO's
SG Cooney's three point ability when he's on > Brandon Triche
SF James Southerland three point ability slightly > Grant's hustle and second chance points created
PF This years CJ > Last years CJ (Truly is a better player this year just trying to do too much)
C This years Rak = Last years Rak (Not there yet but his toughness around the rim is there and should continue to create second chance points)

Bench has gotta be this year with Gbinaje, Keita, Dejuan and TRob

Defensively:
PG MCW Steals and length is just too irreplaceable as he was one of the best ever > Ennis who is great just not MCW.
SG Triche > Cooney
SF Grant athleticism > James
PF Senior CJ Fair > Junior CJ Fair
C Rakeem Christmas Soph > Rakeem Christmas (I don't know where the setback came from but he truly was more of a force last year)

Bench this year with Keita and Michael great defensively along with TRob and Dejuan who aren't forces yet but still underclassmen.

Ability to respond from adversity (underratedly a huge part of NCAA runs):
We just have to wait and find out what this team's got but so far I like the heart especially from the Iron (6) down the stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom