2012 Season Expectations | Syracusefan.com

2012 Season Expectations

2012 Season W-L Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crusty

Living Legend
What are you expectations for the coming season?

What are you expectations for the coming season?
3 - 9 based completely on LAST SEASON and players lost to graduation (because we have no clue re new players, players stepping up, etc.)

Offense cannot consistently mount long drives because the OL sucks.
Defense constantly in a hole as place kickers concede the 40 yard line.
Can't find a way to pressure opposing QBs.

Nw, sb, uconn, minn, temple
Mizz is the key game off the season, that would be a great road win

that poll is too negative for me to vote on ... anything less than 8-4, show him the door! (j/k)

undefeated until otherwise noted

Ridiculous poll options but of course the expectation is 6-6 in this awful conference. We have a better chance at winning the conference than finishing 3-9 or 4-8

Sorry about the poll options - did not mean to make them so negative but the number of options is limited. I figured that above 6-6 would be great no matter how high above.

OrangeinBoston - I'm shocked to see you negative. I figured you'd say 10-2 at worst.

hindenburg1.jpg

If we win 5 games given our schedule i'll be very happy. If they don't go into Big East play at least 2-2 then I find it hard to believe they can make it to 5 wins. Temple is pretty legit and Missouri has plenty of talent with a freshman receiver capable of being the next Calvin Johnson. Both games are on the road as well. SU will have to beat better teams on the road if they stand a chance at 5 or 6 wins.

7-5
3-2 OOC
4-3 BE

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I think we do much better this year in the BE. Its where we will get most of our wins. In fact, now that Im thinking about it, I think we go unefeated in BE play. If we had this years team with last years schedule I think you could dfeinitely hope for a 9 win season

Ask me after week 1 LOL

I'm guessing 6-6 (Wins NW, SB, Minnesota, UConn, Temple plus 1 other BE team) With 6-6 we get sent to St. Pete. If we pullout 7-5 or 8-4 the Yankees are all over the Cuse.

I'm strangely optimistic about this season. I think the coaching staff is going to show some real growth and progress in crunch time situations, nassib is going to play like a 5th year senior and the offense is going to surprise a lot of people while the defense players closer to the 2010 version than the 2011 version. 9-3 with one or two very surprising upsets along the way.

I too am very optimistic as a matter of fact i think we win 8 games and I will up the anti, I think we give USC a real run for their money and come close to pulling a huge upset. I think the defense will be much more consistent than last year and be much better against the run, I dont think you will see any repeats of of UConn where they run like only three plays and run all over us. I also think that people do not realize how good Ryan Nassib is. I think he gets picked in the first four rounds of next years draft if he stays healthy. He will have the best weapons any Cuse QB has had in a long time and a better line than last year.

Of course I'm an optimist by nature so i may be puffing a lot of smoke . we will know by week two how the season is going to go. A loss ot Northwestern and a blowout loss to USC will not be good. I stand by my statement above that we will give USC all they want and perhaps give them a loss or the closest they are going to see to a loss all season

I too am very optimistic as a matter of fact i think we win 8 games and I will up the anti, I think we give USC a real run for their money and come close to pulling a huge upset. I think the defense will be much more consistent than last year and be much better against the run, I dont think you will see any repeats of of UConn where they run like only three plays and run all over us. I also think that people do not realize how good Ryan Nassib is. I think he gets picked in the first four rounds of next years draft if he stays healthy. He will have the best weapons any Cuse QB has had in a long time and a better line than last year.

Of course I'm an optimist by nature so i may be puffing a lot of smoke . we will know by week two how the season is going to go. A loss ot Northwestern and a blowout loss to USC will not be good. I stand by my statement above that we will give USC all they want and perhaps give them a loss or the closest they are going to see to a loss all season
I would like to be optimistic too. But, I would just like to know what your basis is for optimism. You can't tell anything from the Spring game. Most practices during the Spring were closed. So, nobody saw anything on which to base any opinion.

We have no idea who will replace Jones & Marinovich, much less any indication that they'll be any good. We have no idea who will play on the OL beyond Pugh (OK player), Macky (I don't want to reignite that one) and Chibane (ahh.....yeah), for no reason other than we have no indication that any of the injured offensive lineman will have recovered.

Just give me something to chew on - what is the source of the optimism, other than optimism?

I would like to be optimistic too. But, I would just like to know what your basis is for optimism. You can't tell anything from the Spring game. Most practices during the Spring were closed. So, nobody saw anything on which to base any opinion. We have no idea who will replace Jones & Marinovich, much less any notion if they'll be any good. We have no idea who will play on the OL beyond Pugh (OK player), Macky (I don't want to reignite that one) and Chibane (ahh.....yeah), for no other reason than we have no indication if any of the injured offensive lineman will have recovered. Just give me something to chew on - what is the source of the optimism?
I believe the offense will be better. It has to be Nassib wants to get drafted for the pros which means he has worked very hard this off season to get ready for his last college year. We have some new players in the receiving corp . A couple freshmen sophomore Nathan Hale Alec Lemon if anyone knows the state of his health. Two TEs with speed A RB depth like we haven't had for some time. I think its a valid time to be excited.

I would like to be optimistic too. But, I would just like to know what your basis is for optimism. You can't tell anything from the Spring game. Most practices during the Spring were closed. So, nobody saw anything on which to base any opinion

I actually saw a few hours of spring practice, plus the Rochester scrimmage and the spring game. That's why I have optimism about the secondary- They looked really good! It's also where my optimism about Jerome Smith as the starting RB comes from.

On the other hand, I agree that the O-Line is a massive ?.

Is Pugh healthy? Is Chibane going to be better? Has Macky been eating his Wheaties? Is Hickey's knee ready? Can Curtis step it up? Can Phillips make a challenge? Who is the least crappy out of Foy, Big Lou, and Trudo? Can a Frosh step in right away?

So many questions, not much time.

I am optimistic for a few reasons.
First and foremost at the top levels in football you are as a good as the QB you have. I think Nassib is way better than people think and will throw between 25-30 TD passes this year.
Second- If Marrone is true to his word and adds a little more flexabilty to the offense in the form of the spread then that negates some of the oline concerns because in the spread its not about dominating your man its about sustaining your blocks and more about finesse.
third- For the first time since he has been here Marrone has a full roster or close to it and can actually run practices and plays even in practice.
fourth- other than USC we don't play a team that is elite and could be looked at as unbeatable. I think there are three teams in the conference that will be pretty good everyone else is average.

fifth-we have had to play a lot of younger guys in the last couple of years because of injuries and short rosters they have taken there lumps particulary in the secondary these players now have experience and I think we will see that this year.

we have questions at DE and the right side of the Oline and are we as bad as the end of last year or as good as the first part of the year? Time will tell on each of these questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom