Red Season 1 Now a Bust | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Red Season 1 Now a Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve been outplayed so many times, not saying they’re not good but overall I wouldn’t put them in any sort of elite class.
But if you include Copeland and Cuffe to make it a four pack of guards, its pretty good. Best part is that they are all sophomores.

They’ve been outplayed so many times, not saying they’re not good but overall I wouldn’t put them in any sort of elite class.
which ACC backcourts do you choose over Judah, JJ, Q, and cuffe??!

and how many in the nation?

Standard is making the tournament. I will be happy to say Red’s first season is not a bust and I was wrong if we somehow pull off the miracle and make the tournament I eluded to in my original post.

It’s pretty funny how my original post has been misinterpreted so many times. After the GaTech loss the season was looking like a “bust”. So many things went wrong. Red has done a good job managing through it all. Regardless, we’re still a long shot to make the tourney based on our current position.

I’m fully supportive of Red and hope the team pulls off a miracle and makes the tournament. I consider any year that we don’t make the tournament to be a bust.

I do find this thread and many of the posts to be absolutely hysterical. Lots of reading comprehension issues. People love to interpret things in their own way. It’s pretty clear what I wrote in the OP. Sure the title may be hyperbolic (those with reading comprehension issues may need to google the meaning of that word). But I stand by the content of my original post, which was centered around how many seasons do we give Red to make the tournament (I was suggesting 3 and no more than 4).

FWIW, I feel confident he’ll make it by next year. I’d love to see him make it this year.

I love this thread. One of my all time greats. I absolutely love all of the banter it’s stirred up.
Alluded.

which ACC backcourts do you choose over Judah, JJ, Q, and cuffe??!

and how many in the nation?

All four of those guys could leave and you’re still just replacing 80 minutes.

With that collection of talent along with all word Bell and teh best shooter in history, you’d think we were the best team ever.

All four of those guys could leave and you’re still just replacing 80 minutes.

With that collection of talent along with all word Bell and teh best shooter in history, you’d think we were the best team ever.
im talking about this season not next

noted that you didnt name any other squads aside from duke and unc...that seems about right to me too

Hima regressing/being injured (still not sure exactly what happened there), mcleod injured, benny gone, patterson and carey not ready...it hurts. I didnt worry much about the center spot bc last season Hima looked servicable.

i thought based on last season that Hima would offer a lot more than he has.

Mcleod's play was very problematic...couldve badly used him in some losses...but it wouldve hurt having him in some games, though, too, imo...he really only matches up with certain teams. but thats not how he wouldve been used, most likely...

its all added up to a weird situation...but the offense is good.

the real reason that the offense struggled is that the scheme didnt make sense and the players didnt know how to play together...im shocked that it has actually clicked lately and they have been unstoppable for long stretches of games (the 1st halves, mostly) lately.

so, woulda been amazing to have an offensively good center from day 1 - a lot of people wanted one during portal season - having 4/5 centers who cannot post up is unique at best...

i dont think missing girard has hurt at all. with him, the defense that won games early on wouldve been worse...and there have been a lot of good shooting games lately anyway - theyve been shooting incredible actually in a lot of games.

overall, the offense has become really good. im surprised now when they dont score...which is saying a lot from the beginning of the season.

overall, yeah the season is not a bust...even though it looked like that a few weeks ago.

the team has some special players and not making the tourney would be a shame, imo

for me, despite everything, that will be the dividing line between success and failure this year...when i take everything into account.

for me, a lot of the problems that the team has dealt with were self-inflicted or scheme/strategy-related...thats why even though the injuries have been brutal and limit the ceiling somewhat...its still tourney or bust in my eyes.
Blah blah blah. This season is a success if we play hard for 40 minutes for the rest of our games. If we miss out on tourney and go to NIT, well that sucks. But if we play hard for a full 40 even in the NIT, Success. If we do play that way and miss big tourney we probably go NIT F4+. Then we have momentum to build on regardless of who is on team next year. AA is building his way and it will work.

Blah blah blah. This season is a success if we play hard for 40 minutes for the rest of our games. If we miss out on tourney and go to NIT, well that sucks. But if we play hard for a full 40 even in the NIT, Success. If we do play that way and miss big tourney we probably go NIT F4+. Then we have momentum to build on regardless of who is on team next year. AA is building his way and it will work. By the way, with Edwards we are top 10. We wouldn't have gotten blown out in any games, won our games by more points and add on minimum 3 wins.

Blah blah blah. This season is a success if we play hard for 40 minutes for the rest of our games. If we miss out on tourney and go to NIT, well that sucks. But if we play hard for a full 40 even in the NIT, Success. If we do play that way and miss big tourney we probably go NIT F4+. Then we have momentum to build on regardless of who is on team next year. AA is building his way and it will work.
Its already a huge success. Red's stamp is on the team. He landed a HS AA in his first recruiting cycle. The team has a different playing style. He has shown patience, and also the will to dismiss players who don't fit the culture he is trying to establish.
(Also, hats off to JB for staying away, unless compelled by circumstances. That has helped.)

What is this thread even about?
the-shawshank.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online