Red Season 1 Now a Bust | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Red Season 1 Now a Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you see that we are not in the top 15 or so? Lunardi? No one knows except the guys that do know.

So Quick Look at Lunardis last four in and first 8 out and there are slim to none in terms of differences in our resumes by comparison except that Nova, Colorado, Kansas st and seton hall all have more non conf losses that are bad or borderline bad losses.

We fit in having avoided that completely. Most of the 12 squads at most have 1 decent non conf win and their conference slate has been up and down with good and bad and the good wins seem to be all that’s propelling them. Gonzaga is the main outlier as being in that group but Lunardi is going to Lunardi.

New Mexico had no bad non conf wins or good wins for that matter and has been good in conference.

Wake lost to Georgia and LSU

Nevada had no bad losses and is living off conference wins.

So you look at those 16 teams without getting too caught up in the Net and quadrant records and there is little reason for not having SU jumbled there. It will be interesting to see how the committee handles their business for sure especially if we win the next two.

Bracket Matrix

BM is just as skewed towards the Net now that it’s solidified as the primary tool as the rest as everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. Just take a look at the last 20 teams and compare resumes by schedule starting with the non conf and it’s hard to see where we don’t belong right there.

Just went back and looked at them (including my genius prediction of 21-10)

YOURS was 22-9. We could be 1 game off of your prediction. Seems close to your expectations imo

Also, looking back at those predictions...a ton have Benny included...so yeah, a lot of folks expected him to be part of the winning equation. I think, honestly, we're right on schedule wins wise, just the ACC isnt as good as we hoped so our wins haven't been weighted accordingly.
I hope we get to 22 wins and make the tournament. Prospect look a better today compared to just after we lost to GaTech. We have zero margin of error.

We don’t start a player over 6-8. I’m glad you’re not in charge of roster construction.

Red’s done a great job this year as much as it pains a few to admit it.
youre simultaneaously slamming the roster, doutbing my ability to construct a roster, and praising the roster constructor for the job he's done.

pick a lane, bro

youre simultaneaously slamming the roster, doutbing my ability to construct a roster, and praising the roster constructor for the job he's done.

pick a lane, bro
The roster is not great. He had one year to fix the mess he was left and it was then decimated by injuries. He’s done a good job given the uncontrollables.

And I’m absolutely doubting your ability to know what good roster looks like.

See how that all rolls into the same lane,”bro”.

The roster is not great. He had one year to fix the mess he was left and it was then decimated by injuries. He’s done a good job given the uncontrollables.

And I’m absolutely doubting your ability to know what good roster looks like.

See how that all rolls into the same lane,”bro”.
he got top talent from the portal and had good options on who to bring in or not...recruits want to play for him! he got 5 stars in the portal...how many more years of that will he need to just be judged straight up without caveats?

next year what will it be: oh we have to give him time for JBs players to age out...just give a year more?

he had more control over what this roster was than any team in years and this is what they chose.

has had some bad luck but for instance rollling with benny was his call...and shouldnt just be swept aside as bad luck. he should also bear some responsibilty for rolling with the forwards...as i and many other posters pointed out during portal season. many were shocked that he chose to roll with the 4 forwards he did. he is the forwards coach, afterall, and seems to be stubbornly tripling down on JT ...playing him more minutes than Qaudir last game. and going on and on about how good he is in recent pressers. all signs point to JT starting next season - which will likely be mind-numbing to watch unfold, if so.

all that said, i do think hes done a good job. basically.

the issue i have is that the margin of victory has not factored at all into his strategy and appraoch to game management. from day 1.

he hasnt gotten the walkons into any games basically...which is hurting the teams ranking!!!

games that shouldve been big wins have been narrow wins...seemingly on purpose.

and games that should have been close losses have been blowout losses, mostly...not sure why...but thats not a talent problem. when teams give up during games thats not a talent issue.

all of which is killng this team's ranking, needlessly.

grading on a curve, i think red has done well ...but the few issues that are there are on him and his learning on the job. miscalculations. i hope the team isnt penalized by the committe...based on NET...but I will repeat ...this team had plenty in the tank to be a tourney team even with all of the bad stuff that has happened. ...and still does. there are many teams with worse overall records well above SU in the rankings.

if you just look at the overall record, it looks decent - but the majority of the games this year syracuse has been by far the more talented squad, as well. theyve beaten all of the teams that they have a huge talent edge on and kinda underwhelmed vs peers.

so yeah...the season is still alive thats great...

doubt my ability to know what a roster should be but during portal season i posted about bringing in a better forward and center...and those are the issues that the team has now. it wasnt my idea to have 4 centers that cant play...and to have only small forwards. i thought benny would be better but obviously so did red who sees him every day.

i really dont get how your statements all go together.

Whats funny is that they don’t count Chaminade in Hawaii but they’re like wow Iowa State you beat Lindenwold at home 47-102, that’s just really great efficiency. Here’s +5 in the net for you.

Sorry Cuse yours doesn’t count. Hopefully the committtee sees the stupidity.
Lindenwood is D1.

You are hysterical.

FWIW, if you go back and look at the Iggy preseason predictions you find that roughly 80% of the fans on this board predicted a NCAA tournament appearance.

But I do appreciate your attempt at explaining to me what my original post meant. I find that completely hysterical and one of the all time greatest responses I’ve ever received on this board. It’s almost award worthy.
What's hysterical is that my opinion has received more likes in this thread than yours, and it's your thread. I seem to have a better feel for what us fans think than you. Keep trying though.

Red's decision to not have the team take a shot the last 11 seconds was a outrage.
Why take a shot ? We had the game won. Just kill the clock. Do you know anything about Basketball ? Give me a break.

for me its make the tourney or bust...

there are not 64 better rosters in the country, even with all the absences/etc...not even close.

this was a tourney roster all year, imo.
64? How many one bid leagues are there? How good are those rosters?

How was this a tourney roster when last year's wasn't with the HOF coach and we weren't even on the bubble? Most of it is the same. McLeod was a downgrade after losing Edwards. JJ gave us more athleticism but less shooting, so call trading him for Girard a wash. Sure, returning guys have made some improvement, but nobody has made the Hakim Warrick freshman to sophomore jump.

he got top talent from the portal and had good options on who to bring in or not...recruits want to play for him! he got 5 stars in the portal...how many more years of that will he need to just be judged straight up without caveats?

next year what will it be: oh we have to give him time for JBs players to age out...just give a year more?

he had more control over what this roster was than any team in years and this is what they chose.

has had some bad luck but for instance rollling with benny was his call...and shouldnt just be swept aside as bad luck. he should also bear some responsibilty for rolling with the forwards...as i and many other posters pointed out during portal season. many were shocked that he chose to roll with the 4 forwards he did. he is the forwards coach, afterall, and seems to be stubbornly tripling down on JT ...playing him more minutes than Qaudir last game. and going on and on about how good he is in recent pressers. all signs point to JT starting next season - which will likely be mind-numbing to watch unfold, if so.

the issue i have is that the margin of victory has not factored at all into his strategy and appraoch to game management. from day 1.

he hasnt gotten the walkons into any games basically...which is hurting the teams ranking!!!

and games that should have been close losses have been blowout losses, mostly...not sure why...but thats not a talent problem. when teams give up during games thats not a talent issue.

grading on a curve, i think red has done well ...but the few issues that are there are on him and his learning on the job. miscalculations. i hope the team isnt penalized by the committe...based on NET...but I will repeat ...this team had plenty in the tank to be a tourney team even with all of the bad stuff that has happened. ...and still does. there are many teams with worse overall records well above SU in the rankings.

if you just look at the overall record, it looks decent - but the majority of the games this year syracuse has been by far the more talented squad, as well. theyve beaten all of the teams that they have a huge talent edge on and kinda underwhelmed vs peers.

doubt my ability to know what a roster should be but during portal season i posted about bringing in a better forward and center...and those are the issues that the team has now. it wasnt my idea to have 4 centers that cant play...and to have only small forwards. i thought benny would be better but obviously so did red who sees him every day.

Hit the showers sport

OK. The original post about 10 years ago didn't warrant a response but since more than one person didn't get it: "This decade" is the 2020's.

This team has the best record of any SU team in the last five years against a fairly difficult schedule. Complain about the roster if you like but if you expected more than 19 wins, you were kidding yourself.
I completely agree. We have a team full of Sophmores.

Why take a shot ? We had the game won. Just kill the clock. Do you know anything about Basketball ? Give me a break.
give ME a break from the WORST 11 seconds of COACHING since at least 1984

lol your last sentence must be a built in response to your own post. Just open with TLDR and finish with that and it’s perfect.

Jokes Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online