2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Cullen Jenkins tomahawks Bradford over the head, is flabbergasted at a flag because he apparently hasn't seen an nfl game since 1983, and vehemently shows up the ref, somehow with no unsportsmanlike flag. #Coughlin Discipline.

BuffOrange said:
Cullen Jenkins tomahawks Bradford over the head, is flabbergasted at a flag because he apparently hasn't seen an nfl game since 1983, and vehemently shows up the ref, somehow with no unsportsmanlike flag. #Coughlin Discipline.

There are just two sets of rules in the league.

For instance, you're not allowed to "jaw" at a guy you just tackled if you're on special teams for the Bills...

But if you're a WR for the New England Patriots you can actively get up in the face of a defender after a first down catch and scream in his face, but that is not taunting.

All because of the BS narrative created (where do you think these narratives come from? The league's ingratiating media, that's where)

Maybe that vaunted Bills defense needs to learn how to stop somebody. They have given up the most points in the AFC East after all.

Cusefan0307 said:
Maybe that vaunted Bills defense needs to learn how to stop somebody. They have given up the most points in the AFC East after all.

That's true, but wasn't the point I was making. I was referring to the separate set of rules. For instance, that absurd taunting penalty called on Bills Special Teams actually cost 3 points, since the Bengals only got 1 first down and were stopped around the 30-35 yard lines and got 3 points due to the 15 yard penalty. I've never seen the Patriots backed up by a taunt on Edelmann but I could be wrong. There's either a taunting rule or there isn't.

To your point, it's clear that Rex has messed up the Defense vs. last year. Hope they get it fixed because even without Williams they have a good Defense.

They have played a pretty tough schedule though so far, with the second most injuries in the league next to the Bears:

Colts
Patriots
Dolphins
Giants
Titans
Bengals

That's the top two teams in the AFC, two other Division leaders and the Dolphins aren't as bad as they have looked which is why the coach was canned.

No team has ever lost a first round pick for something that wasn't even proven. The Patriots have to deal with that. The next time Edelman stands over a guy on the ground and says something you will have a point. The Bills gunner stood over Pac Man Jones and said something after tackling him.

You are great. Please continue .

That's true, but wasn't the point I was making. I was referring to the separate set of rules. For instance, that absurd taunting penalty called on Bills Special Teams actually cost 3 points, since the Bengals only got 1 first down and were stopped around the 30-35 yard lines and got 3 points due to the 15 yard penalty. I've never seen the Patriots backed up by a taunt on Edelmann but I could be wrong. There's either a taunting rule or there isn't.

To your point, it's clear that Rex has messed up the Defense vs. last year. Hope they get it fixed because even without Williams they have a good Defense.

They have played a pretty tough schedule though so far, with the second most injuries in the league next to the Bears:

Colts
Patriots
Dolphins
Giants
Titans
Bengals

That's the top two teams in the AFC, two other Division leaders and the Dolphins aren't as bad as they have looked which is why the coach was canned.

2 teams out of those 6 with a winning record

Colts
Patriots
Dolphins
Giants
Titans
Bengals

That Giant's loss doesn't look too good after last night. Philly wasn't exactly suppose to be an defensive powerhouse. You can excuse the Pats/Bengals losses, but the Giant game was the game the Bills needed. 1-3 at home six games in, isn't exactly a recipe for the playoffs.

Cusefan0307 said:
That Giant's loss doesn't look too good after last night. Philly wasn't exactly suppose to be an defensive powerhouse. You can excuse the Pats/Bengals losses, but the Giant game was the game the Bills needed. 1-3 at home six games in, isn't exactly a recipe for the playoffs.

No, it wasn't a great loss, but like I said, they're a division leader which means somethin'

The Bills might have pulled it out without the 17 penalties (13-14 of which were discretionary) though. Giants only committed 2 discretionary fouls, but nine procedural ones. So the Giants were only disciplined about not committing the penalties that the Refs would have to decide for themselves, otherwise they were very undisciplined.

But yes, the Bills needed that win.

Alsacs said:
No team has ever lost a first round pick for something that wasn't even proven. The Patriots have to deal with that. The next time Edelman stands over a guy on the ground and says something you will have a point. The Bills gunner stood over Pac Man Jones and said something after tackling him. You are great. Please continue .

Um, the Patriots ACCEPTED those penalties, they didn't have to be proven.

If they accepted them without doing anything, that's pretty dumb of them. This isn't some underpriviledged crime suspect with poor legal counsel...I'm sure Kraft & Co have a solid legal team (no doubt working on Draft Kings as we speak!)

To be fair, they probably saw "Deflator Texts", footballs that were underinflated and the video of the guy dragging a bag of footballs into the bathroom and realized they would lose the case so they wanted to get it over with...Brady has emerged unpunished because the Judge through out the "conviction" on procedural grounds, not out of guilt or innocence (a common misconception).

The onus is not on us or the NFL to NOT have the Patriots accept penalties for things they didn't do.

And I'm sure some enterprising Bills fan could create quite a montage of Edelmann shouting in the faces of people still on the ground (if that's what it takes) but I don't have the time.

I have nothing against Brady or Edelmann, I just wish the rules were applied equally.

I don't really get the whole 10 second run-off against the Jets. I mean, the Pats CB can lay down on the WR and not let him get up for a couple second without a penalty and bonus time added to the clock. Why can't the offense line up improperly without a run-off?

Jets are the real deal. They play tough and were quiet. They played well and pushed the Pats to the brink.

Brady is just locked in this year. 16 Tds 1 INT(completely Edelman's fault)

I don't really get the whole 10 second run-off against the Jets. I mean, the Pats CB can lay down on the WR and not let him get up for a couple second without a penalty and bonus time added to the clock. Why can't the offense line up improperly without a run-off?
Under 1 one minute any false start or illegal formation is a 10 second run off. It is to prevent teams from taking penalties to stop the clock,

Brandon Marshall clearly wasn't set and thus its a runoff. Fitzpatrick should not have thrown the ball over the middle there.

Under 1 one minute any false start or illegal formation is a 10 second run off. It is to prevent teams from taking penalties to stop the clock,

Brandon Marshall clearly wasn't set and thus its a runoff. Fitzpatrick should not have thrown the ball over the middle there.

Oh, no. I get it - I think the rule is a bit weird tbh as in this instance the Jets weren't trying to do anything sneaky, but I get the rule and I'm fine with it.

My gripe would be that the CB for the Pats can pin the WR for a couple pretty valuable seconds (delaying the game) and it's not like they ever call that as a penalty (that I've seen). I've seen it in other games. Give the Jets some bonus seconds for that. It's equally intended as a cheat if we care about "intent." That extra second may be the difference between Marshall being set, or not.

This isn't a "the Pats cheat" thing in case any over-sensitive types try to interpret it that way. Seen it many times. It's only a second or two, but the defense is clearly trying to pin the guy down.

Last edited:
Oh, no. I get it - I think the rule is a bit weird tbh as in this instance the Jets weren't trying to do anything sneaky, but I get the rule and I'm fine with it.

My gripe would be that the CB for the Pats can pin the WR for a couple pretty valuable seconds (delaying the game) and it's not like they ever call that as a penalty (that I've seen). I've seen it in other games. Give the Jets some bonus seconds for that. It's equally intended as a cheat if we care about "intent."
I agree the Pats defenders weren't in a hurry to get up. The NFL should pass a rule on that as all teams do that in that situation.
The Jets mismanaged the last NE drive and Fitzpatrick threw too much over the middle which NE gave him that last drive.

I agree the Pats defenders weren't in a hurry to get up. The NFL should pass a rule on that as all teams do that in that situation.
The Jets mismanaged the last NE drive and Fitzpatrick threw too much over the middle which NE gave him that last drive.

They really did - that was some confusing moves by the coach. Very confusing.

Jets are the real deal. They play tough and were quiet. They played well and pushed the Pats to the brink.

Brady is just locked in this year. 16 Tds 1 INT(completely Edelman's fault)

Yawn. That's pretty much every NYJ@NE game. Previous 3 games were a total of 8pts. Homefield is a zero in that series.

Woodhead with some clutch junk time. Hold one time please!

DK WK7.jpg

The Bucs game was even worse. The Bucs tried to lateral the ball and Washington recovered and then they just let the clock run out even though the play was blown dead with like 10 seconds left (not that the Bucs had any hope of winning at that point, but still).

Nice! How much did you pocket?

Woodhead killed me in one of my leagues.

Not enough, ha. I was bitter my Stafford/Calvin combo didn't cash last week (<1% took Stafford vs. Bears at home?) so I just did a $5 thing for $50. Definitely pickin' the right QB/WR stacks.
Watch Fitzgerald catch 3 TD's tonight and I lose.

I complain, and I believe rightfully so, about the officiating in Bills games and how it impacts the outcome against my team.

Today was the first day that I've seen Buffalo get the friendly whistle. Got lucky on the 50/50 Karlos Williams TD and the blatant hold on Suh for a TT to Watkins TD.

I'll admit it. We got some friendly calls.

I complain, and I believe rightfully so, about the officiating in Bills games and how it impacts the outcome against my team.

Today was the first day that I've seen Buffalo get the friendly whistle. Got lucky on the 50/50 Karlos Williams TD and the blatant hold on Suh for a TT to Watkins TD.

I'll admit it. We got some friendly calls.

That Karlos TD was definitely gonna stay whatever was called on the field, because for some unknown reason, the multi-billion dollar non-profit company still does not have cameras positioned on the goal line in every stadium. Not that I'm too upset about it in this instance.

I have never seen an NFL game like Washington-New England today. Like NE didn't even want to play and after Lewis got hurt they just literally shut their offense. They didn't want to get injuries and yet they won by 17.

Denver's D got lit up by Andrew Luck. If Denver doesn't have HFA I don't see another AFC team beating NE. Manning beyond that 1 throw to Sanders was mediocre today.

A long overdue good football day. Bills win, fantasy teams crush, 3-0 ATS. Ya the Bills got some breaks today. About time. The defense still does not look great. I hate that they're playing such a big game on Thursday.