2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

I have never seen an NFL game like Washington-New England today. Like NE didn't even want to play and after Lewis got hurt they just literally shut their offense. They didn't want to get injuries and yet they won by 17.

Denver's D got lit up by Andrew Luck. If Denver doesn't have HFA I don't see another AFC team beating NE. Manning beyond that 1 throw to Sanders was mediocre today.
Dude we get it, you're a NE lover. You beat Washington by 17 in your house, congrats. Manning was better than mediocre today. Call it what it is and be truthful. That's only if you watched the game btw. You always try to limit Manning with, "The only throw he had today, blah blah..." C'mon man, watch the whole game or don't act like you did. Btw, I posted last week we could lose to the Colts.

Dude we get it, you're a NE lover. You beat Washington by 17 in your house, congrats. Manning was better than mediocre today. Call it what it is and be truthful. That's only if you watched the game btw. You always try to limit Manning with, "The only throw he had today, blah blah..." C'mon man, watch the whole game or don't act like you did. Btw, I posted last week we could lose to the Colts.
First you didn't see the Pats-Redskins game or you would get my point. It was college esque not NFL like. If you don't get the point whatever.

Second here is the USA Today about Manning
CTVajgXWoAQMP97.jpg:large

Manning 21-36 282 yds 2TDs-2INT he was not good. Sorry to tell you that. I didn't even bring you up. If this is Manning the Broncos aren't likely to win a SB.

First of all, I never pretended to watch the pats game, but wow you beat Washington by 17 at your place, cool. Yeah I saw the injury updates.

And what more credibility do you need other than a media headline to make your point? Do they mention how many drops hit wr's/te's in the numbers?? Nope. Did they mention how Manning put the ball where it was supposed to be on one interception when DT tripped or was interfered with? Couldn't tell which because they wouldn't show the replay that far back. But that was not on Manning. The line played bad, and there were plenty of drops I can name specifically. As a Brady fan you should know about the drops. 18 didn't play great, but he was better than mediocre as you said. I'm as objective as anyone about my team. And the loss means 0. And it came as no surprise to me as I stated before. It means nothing in the big picture.

I can only imagine how many "[coach] no discipline" H0T Takes there'd be if someone else was the Denver coach.

First of all, I never pretended to watch the pats game, but wow you beat Washington by 17 at your place, cool. Yeah I saw the injury updates.

And what more credibility do you need other than a media headline to make your point? Do they mention how many drops hit wr's/te's in the numbers?? Nope. Did they mention how Manning put the ball where it was supposed to be on one interception when DT tripped or was interfered with? Couldn't tell which because they wouldn't show the replay that far back. But that was not on Manning. The line played bad, and there were plenty of drops I can name specifically. As a Brady fan you should know about the drops. 18 didn't play great, but he was better than mediocre as you said. I'm as objective as anyone about my team. And the loss means 0. And it came as no surprise to me as I stated before. It means nothing in the big picture.
In big picture its huge for HFA. Denver wants a bye right? Cincinnati and New England now have breathing room if they lose at Denver. The Broncos would have to go 15-1 to shut them out of HFA.
I didn't think Denver would lose. Now its not a huge upset but I didn't think Indy would win.
Manning played better in the 2nd half but in the first half he lead the Broncos to 0 points. I didn't think he played well. I thought the Denver offense played good in the 2nd half but one half isn't enough and 17 points against a pretty mediocre Colts D is not good.

Indy O got a lift from its new OC but Luck really impressed with his 3rd down play. Nobody had done to the Denver D what Luck did today. If Manning is only going to score 17 points on the road that isn't going to beat good teams.

I can only imagine how many "[coach] no discipline" H0T Takes there'd be if someone else was the Denver coach.
There should be none of that. Indy won that game with its performance on 3rd down and I highly doubt the Broncos were going to score a TD with 29 seconds and 0 timeouts.
The penalty on the FG wasn't on the coach at all it was the Denver D trying to make a play to win the game and block the kick.

Well Talib did poke a dude in the eye before that but I agree, it wasn't a major factor in the outcome. Point is media blowhards don't really look at or care about those nuances if it gets in the way of the narrative they want to tell.
Luck as a home dog is free $.

In big picture its huge for HFA. Denver wants a bye right? Cincinnati and New England now have breathing room if they lose at Denver. The Broncos would have to go 15-1 to shut them out of HFA.
I didn't think Denver would lose. Now its not a huge upset but I didn't think Indy would win.
Manning played better in the 2nd half but in the first half he lead the Broncos to 0 points. I didn't think he played well. I thought the Denver offense played good in the 2nd half but one half isn't enough and 17 points against a pretty mediocre Colts D is not good.

Indy O got a lift from its new OC but Luck really impressed with his 3rd down play. Nobody had done to the Denver D what Luck did today. If Manning is only going to score 17 points on the road that isn't going to beat good teams.
Huge and Denver wanting a bye is two totally different things. Who knows what's going to happen. Of course NE and Cinci aren't going to lose and really aren't going to lose more than one game right? That's what you're saying, so be it. Again, "Manning" getting 0 points in the 1st half would be to skip over what I said in the last post. The drops, etc. So that means nothing to me. That's all you're looking at since you didn't watch the whole game. And again, 17 points has a lot to do with a lot of the team. And that's one game, again it means 0. I can't believe you just skip all that.
The Colts played inspired, like a lot of teams who make a major change. See SF beating a very good football team. This game is exactly why I'm not trying to predict all kinds of things. We're a work in progress, and I like it that way. We've been the opposite and got crushed in the SB, and you definitely should know better with your team. I like the way we're built.

There should be none of that. Indy won that game with its performance on 3rd down and I highly doubt the Broncos were going to score a TD with 29 seconds and 0 timeouts.
The penalty on the FG wasn't on the coach at all it was the Denver D trying to make a play to win the game and block the kick.
Yeah like when we ran a TD back with that much time in the 1st half?

If they weren't as good as they were and not winning, yeah, then Kubiak would be talked about the same. He has before.

Yeah like when we ran a TD back with that much time in the 1st half?
Not sure what your point is. If Indy makes the kick to go up 6 points with 29 seconds. Indy would like kick the ball thru the endzone as McAfee has a huge leg. You think the Broncos were going to go 80 yards in 29 seconds?
I would say it was unhighly unlikely.
The punt return was a great play but I don't think Indy would give up a TD in 29 seconds.

Not sure what your point is. If Indy makes the kick to go up 6 points with 29 seconds. Indy would like kick the ball thru the endzone as McAfee has a huge leg. You think the Broncos were going to go 80 yards in 29 seconds?
I would say it was unhighly unlikely.
The punt return was a great play but I don't think Indy would give up a TD in 29 seconds.
Obviously it's highly unlikely. But guess what, it's time to make something happen. But if it was your team?? If you're the coach?? C'mon man, dam. 29 seconds vs 0 seconds and a guaranteed loss??? This isn't rocket science. And then IF it did happen the narrative would be COMPLETELY different.

A long overdue good football day. Bills win, fantasy teams crush, 3-0 ATS. Ya the Bills got some breaks today. About time. The defense still does not look great. I hate that they're playing such a big game on Thursday.
Not a fan of TNF?

Defense only gave up 14 but I agree that the low point total is misleading. Hughes showed up in the second half along with Darby's typical shutdown performance.

I was all in on Denver's defense until yesterday. They self-destructed in the end, and Indy basically tried to give them the game.

Why do teams not Punt out of bounds at the end of halves?

I was all in on Denver's defense until yesterday. They self-destructed in the end, and Indy basically tried to give them the game.

Why do teams not Punt out of bounds at the end of halves?
One bad game doesn't mean anything. If it happens 2 more times, I might start doubting how high I think of them. I'm counting giving up some sort of points to NE. They did self destruct in the end. But in no way did Indy try and give the Broncos anything. Luck stood in the pocket and got punished while delivering strikes on crucial 3rd downs. And their D came to play. But none of that was any type of shocker.

Now to the point of a mediocre Manning. He posted his highest grade of the season with a +5.7! And that was the highest grade on the team. Glad there's someone else who watches and calls each play for what it is and reality. He looked fine physically and showed that he's getting comfortable rolling out and executing a few more plays in Kubiaks O. He had one dumb play.

One bad game doesn't mean anything. If it happens 2 more times, I might start doubting how high I think of them. I'm counting giving up some sort of points to NE. They did self destruct in the end. But in no way did Indy try and give the Broncos anything. Luck stood in the pocket and got punished while delivering strikes on crucial 3rd downs. And their D came to play. But none of that was any type of shocker.

Now to the point of a mediocre Manning. He posted his highest grade of the season with a +5.7! And that was the highest grade on the team. Glad there's someone else who watches and calls each play for what it is and reality. He looked fine physically and showed that he's getting comfortable rolling out and executing a few more plays in Kubiaks O. He had one dumb play.

My teams defense is the worst in the league and we lost to Tennessee yesterday so Idk why I'm commenting on other NFL games, but Colts/Broncos was the game i paid attention to the most yesterday.

I just thought with as bad as Indy was playing, I thought Denver would show some killer instinct and go into Indy and win by a score similar to last week, but for whatever reasons the Colts have the Broncos number is recent games. Manning was decent yesterday, but the pick at the end was a throw into traffic that I'm sure he would like to have back.

The Broncos gave the Colts the ball back with 6:47 left and they never touched it again. I'm just surprised Denver couldn't get off the field in that situation. They still play Cincy and New England at home so I agree they control their own Destiny, but I think the offense needs to put more than 17 points on the board to beat the good teams in the league.

Last edited:
Here's my take today on the NFL. I have no idea how the Patriots won the Super Bowl with Brandon Browner starting at CB for them. He's got to be the worst starting Defensive back in the league this year. If he's not giving up a 50 yard touchdown, he's getting called for defensive holding or PI.

My teams defense is the worst in the league and we lost to Tennessee yesterday so Idk why I'm commenting on other NFL games, but Colts/Broncos was the game i paid attention to the most yesterday.

I just thought with as bad as Indy was playing, I thought Denver would show some killer instinct and go into Indy and win by a score similar to last week, but for whatever reasons the Colts have the Broncos number is recent games. Manning was decent yesterday, but the pick at the end was a throw into traffic that I'm sure he would like to have back.

The Broncos gave the Colts the ball back with 6:47 left and they never touched it again. I'm just surprised Denver couldn't get off the field in that situation. They still play Cincy and New England at home so I agree they control their own Destiny, but I think the offense needs to put more than 17 points on the board to beat the good teams in the league.
Well like I said last week, we could lose to Indy. Wounded teams with major issues are still dangerous when you have a young gunner like Luck. He's very good, anyone that thought he's a flop because of a slump is out of their minds. And I was hearing that last week. SF same thing. And yes, Broncos track record with them is not good. Yes that pick you talk about is the one dumb play I mentioned. And everyone in Denver has said all season the number on O is to put up 24. And maybe more vs NE and Cinci and Pittsburgh.

Manning played very poorly in the first half 8 for 21 72 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT. Offense scored 0 points.
Manning played very well in the second half 202yards 2 TDs, 1 INT. Offense scored 17 points.

17 points, 2 turnovers against a mediocre D is mediocre play. However, if you go by Manning's boxscores for the year this probably his second best game.
Which isn't a great thing. Manning's QB rating is 30th out of 32 and his QBR is 21st out of 32.

Manning is what is holding Denver back right now. It is understandable because he is 39 but is the fact. With the weather getting worse I don't expect Manning's arm to get better in elements.

Here's my take today on the NFL. I have no idea how the Patriots won the Super Bowl with Brandon Browner starting at CB for them. He's got to be the worst starting Defensive back in the league this year. If he's not giving up a 50 yard touchdown, he's getting called for defensive holding or PI.
The Raiders corner that tried to cover Brown yesterday might have something to say about that. They should've cut him before he got off the plane.

He was suspended the first 4 games and missed 2 other games. Browner got a penalty every game. He is a guy you need to play tall physical WRs like D. Thomas or M. Brown. He can't defend speed guys.
Also I know Thomas has speed but Browner beat him up in jams against NE last year.
BB knew what he was doing letting Browner go.

Manning played very poorly in the first half 8 for 21 72 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT. Offense scored 0 points.
Manning played very well in the second half 202yards 2 TDs, 1 INT. Offense scored 17 points.

17 points, 2 turnovers against a mediocre D is mediocre play. However, if you go by Manning's boxscores for the year this probably his second best game.
Which isn't a great thing. Manning's QB rating is 30th out of 32 and his QBR is 21st out of 32.

Manning is what is holding Denver back right now. It is understandable because he is 39 but is the fact. With the weather getting worse I don't expect Manning's arm to get better in elements.
Look, you're just not going to get it. You see box scores and judge off that. You see a play here and there. Well that's not reality at all when you're judging how a player played. I'll trust pff because they study every play and recheck the grade with 3 people. It's as accurate as anyone can get. Not perfect but who's better? Again pff saw it just like I did, and not pinning that 1st int on Manning. The safety ran almost through DT, easily could've been called PI, and got the pick on a well thrown ball. That's just one play. His best deep pass wasn't even the one to Sanders, it was the banana route to Daniels. He rolled out to his left and threw across his body back across the field and hit Daniels in stride.

The Raiders corner that tried to cover Brown yesterday might have something to say about that. They should've cut him before he got off the plane.

At least Brown is an elite player. The Saints gave up chunks of yards to a rookie QB who has Harry Douglas and Dorial Green-Beckham as his top receivers. Every year its the same story with the Saints. Brees is pressured to get touchdowns every possession and if he doesn't they lose.