2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Bwaha. There's a reason everyone thought +5 in Philly was way too much when it wasn't. Every stat Vegas cares about indicates the Giants are an absolute fraud. Unsustainable turnover luck with return TD's. Tampa outgained them by 2 yards per play which is unheard of for the winning team and that was with Mike Evans dropping about 100 yards.
Unsustainable is a 3 week trend,not a 9...and well, while mike evens could've caught those passes, but maybe he was to scared to.

Everyone loves to make excuses why the Giants aren't good.

We get it, no one likes that Eli fluckin wins, but face it...he does and they do.

This is the real NFL, not the afc least where the patsys get a guaranteed6 wins per year.

Giants will be fine,or they won't.

It's time to win.

I just looked at the Giants schedule. Wow its hard
Pats, Jets, Panthers, Eagles at home
Redskins, Dolphins, Vikings on the road.

Eagles have Dolphins, Bucs, Bills, Cardinals, Redskins at home
Pats, Lions, Giants on the road.

9-7 for sure wins the NFC East. 8-8 is very likely to be good enough.
Pats/Dolphins could swing the NFC East.

The NYG remaining sked is why I told UEO that they will not finish above .500. The G-Men will be dogs in several of those games and when favored probably not by more than a FG. Eagles will have the NFC East clinched before the last game.

The NYG remaining sked is why I told UEO that they will not finish above .500. The G-Men will be dogs in several of those games and when favored probably not by more than a FG. Eagles will have the NFC East clinched before the last game.
Eagles have a better chance to win 9 games but I don't trust their QB to win those games.

8-8 wins this division. I don't think saying the Eagles are favored would be wrong. However, I don't trust Bradford that offense looks weird. What hurts the Giants is their D is ranked 31st. That kills them.

Bills fans what are your thoughts on Rex making IK a captain for this Jets game. I get Rex loves to tweak opponents with captains for the games but this one reeks a little childish.
I mean the dude committed an assault on Geno Smith. The knockout of Geno Smith by IK has actually made the Jets a better team with Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Also here are the uniforms for TNF. It also looks like Rex Ryan will be at the Dome for Clemson-Syracuse on Saturday. His son is on the Clemson team.
CTF2E8tXIAA0YcG.png

Bills fans what are your thoughts on Rex making IK a captain for this Jets game. I get Rex loves to tweak opponents with captains for the games but this one reeks a little childish.
I mean the dude committed an assault on Geno Smith. The knockout of Geno Smith by IK has actually made the Jets a better team with Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Also here are the uniforms for TNF. It also looks like Rex Ryan will be at the Dome for Clemson-Syracuse on Saturday. His son is on the Clemson team.
CTF2E8tXIAA0YcG.png

Rex is a professional troll. It'd be funny if his main job wasn't to win games, and all this does is create distractions and doesn't help anything. Maybe if this team had real leadership with real captains, this garbage wouldn't be happening.

Unsustainable is a 3 week trend,not a 9...and well, while mike evens could've caught those passes, but maybe he was to scared to.

Everyone loves to make excuses why the Giants aren't good.

We get it, no one likes that Eli fluckin wins, but face it...he does and they do.

This is the real NFL, not the afc least where the patsys get a guaranteed6 wins per year.

Giants will be fine,or they won't.

It's time to win.

This has nothing to do with the Giants; it's just how Mike Evans is. He's played like 6 games this year and if statisticians were honest, he'd be credited with around 15 drops. What he's done this year is incredible in a bad way. Gets open with ease but the guy can't catch even the simplest of passes.

CTF2E8tXIAA0YcG.png

The Bills aren't my favorite team, but I honestly think this whole team captains thing is much ado about nothing. Who really cares who walks out on the field for a coin toss? And it's not like Geno will be a captain; there shouldn't be a problem at all; it just gives IK a chance to say hello to some of his old friends. It won't have any impact on the game and if it really bothers anyone, I think they're worrying about the wrong things in life.

CTF2E8tXIAA0YcG.png

Is that why he wore the Clemson helmet during his press conference?

He can miss 6 weeks and get healthy. The Colts win over Denver clinched that division for them.
Look at Houston's schedule
@Cincinnati, Jets, Saints, @Bills, New England, @Indy, Titans, Jags.
I don't see them winning more than 6 games total. Colts have 4 wins. Colts w.Hasselback win the 3 AFC South games and they got 7 wins. Tennessee and Jacksonville aren't winning 7 games.

CTF2E8tXIAA0YcG.png

The IK thing is a bad idea imo.
Eagles have a better chance to win 9 games but I don't trust their QB to win those games.

8-8 wins this division. I don't think saying the Eagles are favored would be wrong. However, I don't trust Bradford that offense looks weird. What hurts the Giants is their D is ranked 31st. That kills them.

I thought Bradford was solid on Sunday night. He is adjusting to a new offense and playing behind a so-so OL. I think he gets better from here. 8-8 probably will win the division but I see the Eagles going 9-7.

Look, the Giants path to the playoffs is simple...they gotta come out of the bye and win 3 straight.

There's no backing into the playoffs ala notre dame by playing a weak schedule, less # of games and hoping others lose, the Giants...must win.

@ the Redskins
Jets
@ Dolphins

That's 8 wins right there.

Then unless the iggs somehow run away with the division, game 16 @ home v them is your playoff...'win and in' game.

If they can win 1 of the

Patsies
Panthers
@ viks

Then that's a bonus.

Look, the Giants path to the playoffs is simple...they gotta come out of the bye and win 3 straight.

There's no backing into the playoffs ala notre dame by playing a weak schedule, less # of games and hoping others lose, the Giants...must win.

@ the Redskins
Jets
@ Dolphins

Then unless the iggs somehow run away with the division, game 16 @ home v them is your playoff...'win and in' game.

If they can win 1 of the

Patsies
Panthers
@ viks

Then that's a bonus.
I wouldn't call the Redskins, Jets, Dolphins auto wins. I think the Giants will be underdogs at Miami on MNF.

I agree though I see 7-8 NYG hosting 8-7 Philly week 17.

I wouldn't call the Redskins, Jets, Dolphins auto wins. I think the Giants will be underdogs at Miami on MNF.

I agree though I see 7-8 NYG hosting 8-7 Philly week 17.
I didn't say they're auto wins, I said that's the 3 they MUST win.

The easiest one of the bunch...is the 'home' game with 40k New Yorkers watching the fish play out the string.

I have a feeling it will be 8-7 Giants v 9-6 iggs, who already have 2 NFC East losses.

A long overdue good football day. Bills win, fantasy teams crush, 3-0 ATS. Ya the Bills got some breaks today. About time. The defense still does not look great. I hate that they're playing such a big game on Thursday.
My sports weekend was this: SU loses the game, Dungey gets hurt, Chelsea loses, Dolphins lose, and all three of my fantasy teams lost.

@ the Redskins
Jets
@ Dolphins

If they can win 1 of the

Patsies
Panthers
@ viks

Then that's a bonus.

ND's weak schedule? LOL four of their opponents are in the top 22 (and three of them are road games). How many teams have more than that? Two other opponents (Texas and USC) own solid top 12 wins over OU and Utah, respectively. Not bad for a team "out of the picture" that has lost seven starters (incl QB and feature RB) to injury for the season.

GMen will not finish above .500 cuz their defense is very mediocre. No pass rush and a so-so secondary get you beat most of the time against good NFL teams. If it does come down to the last game it spells trouble for the NYG. The Eagles rarely lose in Met Life and Kelly seems to have Coughlin's #.

Big AFC playoff game tonight. If the Bills lose tonight they aren't going to make the playoffs with their schedule. Jets QB Fitzpatrick is getting surgery tomorrow.

On NE-NYG I can't believe that Chandler Jones has more sacks 9.5 than the entire NYG D 9.
I get JPP has been out but 9 sacks is awful.
Donnell is now out for the NYG. Eli has to score 35 this weekend I think.

Big AFC playoff game tonight. If the Bills lose tonight they aren't going to make the playoffs with their schedule. Jets QB Fitzpatrick is getting surgery tomorrow.

On NE-NYG I can't believe that Chandler Jones has more sacks 9.5 than the entire NYG D 9.
Im a nervous wreck over this game. The Jets easy schedule makes this a must win for Buffalo because I don't see us staying at .500 if we lose tonight and have to even up against NE next week.

should be a fun game. if revis shuts down 2x #1 draft pick sammy watkins...im not sure what the bills can do to score.

chandler should have his way with newhouse. would like to see JPP get home 1x or 2x or at least just hit tommy. was watching 42 yesterday, damn they put a beating on tommy, but to his credit...he kept getting up.

donnell was really never factored into this game anyway.

yep, we are going to have to score a lot because one thing the Giants do well...is making the opposing tight end look like a pro bowler...and gronk doesnt need any help in that department.

when jason whitten gets in the HOF, i expect him to invite the Giants DC's...

Saints just played the Giant's two weeks ago. Brees had the best game of his career, no joke, as did your old friend Ben Watson. If I'm a Giants fan I'd be scared to think what Gronk is going to do in this game. Brady will throw for 400 plus in this game.

The only defense I've seen worse than the Giants this year is the Saints.

Im a nervous wreck over this game. The Jets easy schedule makes this a must win for Buffalo because I don't see us staying at .500 if we lose tonight and have to even up against NE next week.
If it wasn't on ESPN MNF in Foxboro I would be a lot more nervous for Buffalo next week Monday. Pats fans are going to be charged up to taunt ESPN personal.
Buffalo needs this game so they are likely 5-5 and can own the tiebreaker vs. Jets on the last game of the year.
It will be interesting to see the Bills in red tonight.

Non-existent pass rush and mediocre secondary versus Tom Brady? Rutro.

should be a fun game. if revis shuts down 2x #1 draft pick sammy watkins...im not sure what the bills can do to score.

chandler should have his way with newhouse. would like to see JPP get home 1x or 2x or at least just hit tommy. was watching 42 yesterday, damn they put a beating on tommy, but to his credit...he kept getting up.

donnell was really never factored into this game anyway.

yep, we are going to have to score a lot because one thing the Giants do well...is making the opposing tight end look like a pro bowler...and gronk doesnt need any help in that department.

when jason whitten gets in the HOF, i expect him to invite the Giants DC's...
Justin Tuck was the SB 42 MVP if I had a vote. He played possessed against a HOF OL in Logan Mankins. NYG DL is why they have beaten NE.
17-14, 28-24, 21-17. The Pats typically score in high 20's the NYG DL has shut down NE passing game.

With no Donnell the Pats can put Chung on Vereen. I think Pats will double Beckham w/Harmon which means whomever your 2nd and 3rd WRs will get single coverage.

This year Brady is getting rid of the ball on average 2.1 seconds if the NYG DL doesn't get pressure then unless OL gets more injuries they will score a lot.

Justin Tuck was the SB 42 MVP if I had a vote. He played possessed against a HOF OL in Logan Mankins. NYG DL is why they have beaten NE.
17-14, 28-24, 21-17. The Pats typically score in high 20's the NYG DL has shut down NE passing game.

With no Donnell the Pats can put Chung on Vereen. I think Pats will double Beckham w/Harmon which means whomever your 2nd and 3rd WRs will get single coverage.

This year Brady is getting rid of the ball on average 2.1 seconds if the NYG DL doesn't get pressure then unless OL gets more injuries they will score a lot.

No JPP in the Saints game, so no pass rush, but the deep routes were open all day. Could of been 8 touchdowns if Brees didn't actually overthrow Brandin Cooks on the first play of the game on what would of been an 80 yd TD.

I could see LaFell having a big game for New England. Giants safeties are terrible.