2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Charlie's next job will be a P5 school or USF when Taggert leaves.
He isn't exiled to low G5 yet.
Check the last symbol in my post...

Taggart's 4 years looks something like this:

2-10
4-8
8-5
10-2

our luck, we played them when they were the 8-5 and 10-2 team...

very few P5 jobs are open at the moment, unless a few get canned soon (I would think at least Helfrich will be gone) or a couple go to the NFL (Kelly etc) guys like Taggart will probably have to wait another year.

BC can afford to fire Addazio. Their administration just doesn't care to because their fanbase is tiny and doesn't matter when they can be cheap.
BC has P5 money. UConn definitely can't afford to fire Diaco with the Big asset settlement money shored up and the buyout would be two years of American TV money.
This isn't an assumption on my part. Their Admin hates him.

Florida HC Jim McEwlain is the guy I think for Oregon. No way Phil Knight U is giving the keys to Greg Schiano.

I know we consider all things Rutgers a terrible thing but alot of influential people in football like Greg Schiano alot. I consider the work he did at Rutgers, no matter how he did it, to be one of the great turnarounds in recent college history. That school was the biggest dumpster fire going. Oregon needs a turnaround in the midst of Washington/USC back on the upswing. With the better facilities, Phil Knight, etc..Schiano would be a great manager of that operation.

If you liked Marrone, Schiano is very similar IMO.

Florida HC Jim McEwlain is the guy I think for Oregon. No way Phil Knight U is giving the keys to Greg Schiano.
McEwlain to Oregon opens the door for Charlie Strong to return to UF. Perhaps too soon after being fired to get a job like that, but he would do very well there. Maybe Willie Taggart gets a call from UF? Interesting

I know we consider all things Rutgers a terrible thing but alot of influential people in football like Greg Schiano alot. I consider the work he did at Rutgers, no matter how he did it, to be one of the great turnarounds in recent college history. That school was the biggest dumpster fire going. Oregon needs a turnaround in the midst of Washington/USC back on the upswing. With the better facilities, Phil Knight, etc..Schiano would be a great manager of that operation.

If you liked Marrone, Schiano is very similar IMO.

Schiano is an awful in-game coach. He made a dumpster fire mediocre after Miami/Virginia Tech/Boston College left and it watered down the weakest BCS league to even more mediocre.

He is also among the biggest negative recruiters in college football. If Oregon wanted a Schiano type they would just go after PJ Fleck who is a Schiano disciple without the baggage.
Oregon would be stupid to hire a guy with the resume of Greg Schiano.

Schiano is an awful in-game coach. He made a dumpster fire mediocre after Miami/Virginia Tech/Boston College left and it watered down the weakest BCS league to even more mediocre.

He is also among the biggest negative recruiters in college football. If Oregon wanted a Schiano type they would just go after PJ Fleck who is a Schiano disciple without the baggage.

Good post, you just forgot to mention what he did at RU was also built on the back of SU losing the state of New Jersey because we hired the biggest moron ever in Gerg.

Ok, new scenario. Cal's Sonny Dykes to Baylor, DB to Cal?? It ain't gonna end for a few more weeks, might as well keep the anxiety high. Just joking btw.

On another note, SU is on an unbelievable losing streak in all sports.

Hoops
W. Hoops
Soccer
Volleyball
Field Hockey
Football

Doom and gloom my friends. ;)

Last edited:
Dino to Cal!

In all seriousness, I think somebody is crazy not to take a shot with PJ Fleck. Oregon might have the balls to do it

That was an incredible job no matter the situation at the time. I'm sorry you can't give the guy one ounce of credit but he did a good job. The watered down Big East was the result of a watered down Syracuse.

I take your word for it on the negative recruiting. I'm not saying he's perfect or the best coach since sliced bread but I can understand why schools are intrigued by his skill set.

That was an incredible job no matter the situation at the time. I'm sorry you can't give the guy one ounce of credit but he did a good job. The watered down Big East was the result of a watered down Syracuse.

I take your word for it on the negative recruiting. I'm not saying he's perfect or the best coach since sliced bread but I can understand why schools are intrigued by his skill set.

I can see why a Northeast school would want him. No clue why Oregon would.

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 1m1 minute ago
So, working the phones re: Oregon. Hearing some awfully interesting stuff. As we said last night, Oregon has been putting feelers out.

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 53s54 seconds ago
Will have a more robust update later this AM. Some surprising feedback (to me at least) on who they might target.

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 1m1 minute ago
So, working the phones re: Oregon. Hearing some awfully interesting stuff. As we said last night, Oregon has been putting feelers out.

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 53s54 seconds ago
Will have a more robust update later this AM. Some surprising feedback (to me at least) on who they might target.
Strong tease from the football Scoop team. Perhaps, they were schooled at Newhouse.

He did a decent job from a recruiting standpoint, I'll give him that. After that, Alsacs is dead on. He could never take it to the next level after 2006. Had 4 years following and did nada. And that's during the weak BE era. Oregon would be absolutely nutty to hire him unless they're ok with 8-4s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom