2016 Yankees | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Why would the Yankees want another shortstop when Didi is playing so well?
Torres could ultimately wind up at second or third, or he could be flipped in another deal.

Why would the Yankees want another shortstop when Didi is playing so well?
I thought of this as well. Maybe they have Didi or Torres try to eventually play third or learn another position? Purely a guess.

Beat me by five seconds!. Lol.
You can be my assistant GM. Actually, we're all just assistant GMs to Cali. Hope he gets back on here soon.

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1
This is what heard on Chapman from Yankees to Cubs: Hal Steinbrenner has given blessing. Yankees likely getting 4 players back...

Cubs deal to #Yankees would be headed by Gleyber Torres and Adam Warren is in deal. Neither Jorge Soler nor Javier Candelario is in deal.

Nationals and Indians had been other teams trying hardest for Chapman, but have yet to make offers to move. Yankees plan is deal Chapman, play next 4-5 days, see if make inroads in race. If so, will go for it. If not, Miller, Beltran, etc in play.

Cubs would not discuss Schwarber even for Miller. Theo Epstein made clear from beginning to Yankees that Schwarber was not in play.

Yankees internally debated Torres v. Eloy Jimenez, and decided they like middle-IF over power-hitting OF as main piece for Chapman.

Also, only Chapman would be going to Cubs from Yankees if deal completed. No one else in deal from NYY end.

Last edited:
This is what heard on Chapman from Yankees to Cubs: Hal Steinbrenner has given blessing. Yankees likely getting 4 players back...

Cubs deal to #Yankees would be headed by Gleyber Torres and Adam Warren is in deal. Neither Jorge Soler nor Javier Candelario is in deal.

Nationals and Indians had been other teams trying hardest for Chapman, but have yet to make offers to move. Yankees plan is deal Chapman, play next 4-5 days, see if make inroads in race. If so, will go for it. If not, Miller, Beltran, etc in play.

Cubs would not discuss Schwarber even for Miller. Theo Epstein made clear from beginning to Yankees that Schwarber was not in play.

Yankees internally debated Torres v. Eloy Jimenez, and decided they like middle-IF over power-hitting OF as main piece for Chapman.
Wow, if they can get back that much for two months of Chapman, imagine what Miller is worth. Still sounds too good to be true; have to believe someone else would be going to the Cubs with Chapman.

Also, only Chapman would be going to Cubs from Yankees if deal completed. No one else in deal from NYY end.

Taking the infielder makes sense. With Ellsbury under contact for another 4 years and an abundance of outfield talent in the minors including the top prospect in pretty much the whole system (Judge) a potential star infielder is probably the best bet outside of a young starter. Wish they were holding off till the end of the week but I like they plan on getting Warren back.

With how flukey the MLB playoffs can be, trading Torres for a potential couple month rental really worries me. Reminds me of the Samardizja-Addison Russell trade, but with the Cubs obviously being on the other end of it this time.

Just heard it's Torres, Warren, Pierce Johnson and Dylan Cease for Chapman. Torres, Cease and Johnson are all in the top 11 of Cubs prospects.

Just heard it's Torres, Warren, Pierce Johnson and Dylan Cease for Chapman. Torres, Cease and Johnson are all in the top 11 of Cubs prospects.

Really hope it isn't Cease. Y'all can have Pierce though. He's fine, but probably just a minor league kinda guy.

this had to be done.

now lets see how the week plays out and make decisions then.

I still don't see miller going anywhere.

#Yankees talked to Chapman's reps about an extension, when said not interested now, it helped swayed ownership to trade him #Cubs

#Yankees were led to believe that Chapman would rather test free agency, and that NYY would have chance to re-sign then.

McKinney will add to #Yankees trove of Gardner-esque LH/speed OFs at AA/AAA: Also Mason Williams/Jake Cave/Ben Gamel/Dustin Fowler.

#Yankees talked to Chapman's reps about an extension, when said not interested now, it helped swayed ownership to trade him #Cubs

#Yankees were led to believe that Chapman would rather test free agency, and that NYY would have chance to re-sign then.

McKinney will add to #Yankees trove of Gardner-esque LH/speed OFs at AA/AAA: Also Mason Williams/Jake Cave/Ben Gamel/Dustin Fowler.

McKinney's a decent contact hitter, but I expect more than 16 SBs in almost 400 games out of a "speed" guy.

Yankees just got back a ton more than they gave up to get him. I can't see how this isnt a huge win for the Yankees...and for the Cubs, who are chasing history and are awash in young middle infield talent, its a price that can be justified.

Yankees just got back a ton more than they gave up to get him. I can't see how this isnt a huge win for the Yankees...and for the Cubs, who are chasing history and are awash in young middle infield talent, its a price that can be justified.
completely agree.

this was a no brainer.

CoPAMnyW8AE94Cp.jpg

Yankees sure are getting great pitching. If they could only hit a little bit they could be back in the race. What happened to the Bronx bombers

Yankees sure are getting great pitching. If they could only hit a little bit they could be back in the race. What happened to the Bronx bombers

What happened its Arod is struggling mightily and Tex has fallen off a cliff. Not having Bird this year really hurts as well as the Yanks are missing a ton of homeruns that they got from those three last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom