2016 Yankees | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

AROD being benched again tonight lol. Not saying he deserves to play. So much $$$ on the bench !

If they are not going to play him, just release him. He is not going to retire...not gonna give up all that money. The longer they keep him on the bench, the more the media will comment and create more distraction than it needs to be. Cut him, deal with the distraction that last a couple/few days and move on.

If they are not going to play him, just release him. He is not going to retire...not gonna give up all that money. The longer they keep him on the bench, the more the media will comment and create more distraction than it needs to be. Cut him, deal with the distraction that last a couple/few days and move on.
Unfortunately, that is what needs to happen. No matter which direction they decide to go (i.e., buyers or sellers), he is taking up a valuable roster spot.

Unfortunately, that is what needs to happen. No matter which direction they decide to go (i.e., buyers or sellers), he is taking up a valuable roster spot.
Yes, playing 24 v. 25 is going to catch up to you eventually. The thing is, I don't think he's totally hopeless at the plate and could actually imagine him contributing something if Girardi was forced to turn to him.

Yes, playing 24 v. 25 is going to catch up to you eventually. The thing is, I don't think he's totally hopeless at the plate and could actually imagine him contributing something if Girardi was forced to turn to him.

Could they just be giving him an extended rest? If remember correctly, last year he started off hot, but gradually declined as the season went on.

Could they just be giving him an extended rest? If remember correctly, last year he started off hot, but gradually declined as the season went on.
It's possible. From what I read yesterday between the lines, AROD seemed disappointed he didn't play yesterday on his birthday. Apparently there is a record for home runs on birthday he could have had a chance at? I'm not positive of the specifics.

Nah, it has everything to do with Beltran. The defense with Hicks in RF is so much better, and keeps Beltran fresher. When that's the case, there's no where for ARod to play. If they decide to sell off and Beltran is traded, ARod will have his lineup spot back. Although at this point, I'm not sure if it's better to keep Beltran, give him a QO in the offseason and if he takes it, cut ARod then and make Beltran the full-time DH.

Nah, it has everything to do with Beltran. The defense with Hicks in RF is so much better, and keeps Beltran fresher. When that's the case, there's no where for ARod to play. If they decide to sell off and Beltran is traded, ARod will have his lineup spot back. Although at this point, I'm not sure if it's better to keep Beltran, give him a QO in the offseason and if he takes it, cut ARod then and make Beltran the full-time DH.
I don't think they will resign Beltran. Just my opinion.

Not out of the question, considering so many of these guys are one bad step or awkward swing from going down. I hold my breath every time I see Beltran out there.

Sure. Just pay him $21 million to sit home next season.

I don't think they will resign Beltran. Just my opinion.

I don't think so either, but I don't think it would be a bad move. Especially if it's on the QO deal for 1 year, which would be the worst-case scenario on it. Offer the QO and if he signs elsewhere, you at least get the draft pick.

I don't think so either, but I don't think it would be a bad move. Especially if it's on the QO deal for 1 year, which would be the worst-case scenario on it. Offer the QO and if he signs elsewhere, you at least get the draft pick.
Beltran is a ticking time bomb. The season he is having now is a minor miracle, given his age, recent injury history and the amount of time he has played in field.

The thing is, I don't think he's totally hopeless at the plate and could actually imagine him contributing something if Girardi was forced to turn to him.
I would like that to happen since I am actually a big A-Rod fan, but this season I think he really has to cheat to keep up with fastballs, which is why the breaking balls are killing him.

I would like that to happen since I am actually a big A-Rod fan, but this season I think he really has to cheat to keep up with fastballs, which is why the breaking balls are killing him.
No doubt he is in serious decline, but the fact that he continues to work his ass off to remain ready when called upon gives me some hope that he might be able to contribute something down the stretch.

He's hitting only .193 against righties.

It sucks to get old.

Yup father time once again remains undefeated. Guy is now 41 years old the decline was inevitable. Still a good player but the at bats just haven't been there for him.

I wish they weren't using Severino in the bullpen. I'd rather him stick with AAA where he was gaining all his starter confidence back. 7-1, 3.11 ERA, 1.08 WHIP.

Maybe it was just a quick ease in to get some MLB confidence, and then he'll go back into the rotation if they can find a trade match for Nova.

I wish they weren't using Severino in the bullpen. I'd rather him stick with AAA where he was gaining all his starter confidence back. 7-1, 3.11 ERA, 1.08 WHIP.

Maybe it was just a quick ease in to get some MLB confidence, and then he'll go back into the rotation if they can find a trade match for Nova.

I kind of wish they would keep Nova...he has been pretty effective since he has started using that cutter the last couple/few games...

I kind of wish they would keep Nova...he has been pretty effective since he has started using that cutter the last couple/few games...

He's 29, a Free Agent, and I think he's been too inconsistent.

Maybe that cutter changes things, but I think hitters will catch up to it eventually. He's always been more of a back end starter to me. If they think the market will pay him more than they want to, they might as well get something younger back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom