2017 Jimmy V Classic | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Jimmy V Classic

Zona isn't even the best team in the PAC 12 this year IMO. That title should belong to Oregon.

Arizona is the West Coast Syracuse. 1 NC and multiple FFs.
We have been to 3 FFs though since their last. We want the transition from Olson to Miller that the U of A has gotten though. Olson had them elite and Miller has continued it.
He has lost to Wisconsin in the Elite 8 two times that is just bad luck as I hate playing Wisconsinm in a 1 game scenario. Miller will eventually get them to the Final Four.

Syracuse has a lot more competition in Northeast than Arizona does on the West Coast. UCLA has history. Gonzaga has been good recently and Oregon is elite this year. The West Coast has been down.

Whoa, Whoa.

I never said Arizona wasn't a National Power. A poster suggested we couldn't compete with them. That's flat out ridiculous IMO. I think everyone's paranoid because we have nobody signed for 2017 yet. Whef/IF we get Green maybe people will calm down.

I do think if we switched our resumes with theirs, posters here would be freaking out that we consistently underperform in the tournament and Boeheim wouldn't know how to coach.

My rant wasn't directed towards you. It just irks me when fans discredit UVA or Arizona's success as a whole the past 5 years especially. It was the gist of part of Boeheim's presser's also. They've been largely dominant. I think Syracuse is right there with Arizona in recruiting with Arizona slightly better as of late. Seems like they have the west coast wrapped up, they get the Mater Dei guys we want, and Book R is a huge chess piece for them. Some people may think they have underachieved but I don't really believe so. Like I said, they lost a couple E8 heartbreakers, both to Wisconsin I believe, two years in a row.

Per Steve Infanti on TV channel 9 tonight. Will meet in Jimmy V Classic along with "Nova vs Gonzaga

Imagine ESPN's promo for next year.
Something like, "After last year's embarrassment, the Orange try to look like a real basketball team as they take on an old rival, the almost as bad UConn Huskies."
Maybe they're better off promoting just the Nova - Gonzaga game.

Imagine ESPN's promo for next year.
Something like, "After last year's embarrassment, the Orange try to look like a real basketball team as they take on an old rival, the almost as bad UConn Huskies."
Maybe they're better off promoting just the Nova - Gonzaga game.
Yes, but what is the game that people will be buying tickets to for. Yup, Cuse and Yukon alum. It wouldn't surprise me if we had the later game. Otherwise, 70% of MSG will leave at half time of the Nova game.

Not making the mistake of going to work the day after like last year

IMG_3599.GIF

9pm start = yuck. I took the day off for this game, assuming the drinking would get underway at 5pm or so.

I'm down to get lunch or early dinner at Keen's or Peter Luger if anybody's interested.

9:00 I wish. We will be lucky if it starts before 9:45

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom