2017 Yankees Thread | Page 126 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Enough of his debate, let's get right to it...

Ski Goggles or Swim Goggles for the champions champagne bath???

Ski goggles are much more comfortable, but I'd have to imagine the Swim ones work better.

Discuss...

No muts and redsux fan participation please...

My ski goggles have a battery powered defogger. Swim goggles would be a better choice.

My ski goggles have a battery powered defogger. Swim goggles would be a better choice.
Id likely go Goggleless, but if I had to pick...I'd do swim Goggles too.

Uglier, more uncomfortable for sure, but the better protection for the 'event'

ALCS Roster:

DMByLyhV4AA7in7.jpg

I hope Ron Darling is done now.
Darling is calling the NLCS and then is done.

Joe Buck and John Smoltz calling Yankees-Astros.

I don’t know if Canada gets the USA or international feed though.

Darling is calling the NLCS and then is done.

Joe Buck and John Smoltz calling Yankees-Astros.

I don’t know if Canada gets the USA or international feed though.
Oh goody, more Smoltz.

Softened up Giles in the 8th. Let's go now.

Bird thrown out at home in 5th was huge

Terrible turn at 3rd

Yanks DH spot has been really really bad

Great pitching overall. Would have been nice to steal this but not shocked with the outcome

Took Giles to 40 tonight.
I'm not a big fan of the 5 or 6 out save; effectively you're asking your closer to save the game twice (the second time often on fumes) and often compromise their effectiveness in upcoming games. But it seems everyone is doing it these days, so what do I know?

I'm not a big fan of the 5 or 6 out save; effectively you're asking your closer to save the game twice (the second time often on fumes) and often compromise their effectiveness in upcoming games. But it seems everyone is doing it these days, so what do I know?

Yeah, I'm with you there, especially in a 7 game series. Smoltz made the point how it's difficult to get used to having to come back out for the ninth when you're used to doing only one inning.

Yeah, I'm with you there, especially in a 7 game series. Smoltz made the point how it's difficult to get used to having to come back out for the ninth when you're used to doing only one inning.
If these guys were asked to do this throughout the season and were used to to doing it that would be another story. I just don't like the idea of having people do something they rarely do when everything is on the line. What's the point of building these deep bullpens filled with power arms if you're afraid to go to them in big spots? I was very happy Chapman didn't have to pitch the ninth with a one run lead Wednesday night.

If I was pitching against the Yankees, I wouldn't throw a fastball anywhere near the strike zone.

If I was pitching against the Yankees, I wouldn't throw a fastball anywhere near the strike zone.

Agreed. Never again.

Apparently this "is baseball now"... Not this. Strikeouts are prevalent sure, but the rate the Yankees are doing it in this postseason is Historic. It's to the point im shocked when it doesn't happen. Judge and sanchez should never be pitched a fastball ever. They just cannot make contact consistently at all.

Everyone knows that you don't want the third out made at 3rd base. Smoltz is waxing on and on about how the potential on deck hitter has 53 HRs. But John, he also has 18 strikeouts in seven games. So just let it go.

And as a bad omen, that reminded me of O'Neill's try for a triple in 2001 against Arizona.

Brutal call by the third base coach. NEVER make the 3rd out at third base. One of the 3 dumbest baserunning mistakes in baseball.

#1. Getting thrown out on the bases in the last inning, when you are not even the tying run
#2. Making the 3rd out at 3rd base.
#3. Running the bases like an escaped mental patient after you hit a single or double that drove in a run, and ultimately being called out at second or third.

Agreed. Never again.

Apparently this "is baseball now"... Not this. Strikeouts are prevalent sure, but the rate the Yankees are doing it in this postseason is Historic. It's to the point im shocked when it doesn't happen. Judge and sanchez should never be pitched a fastball ever. They just cannot make contact consistently at all.

Having grown up watching hitters like Pete Rose, Rod Carew and Wade Boggs hit the ball where it's thrown, it's so frustrating to watch them dig in and swing at a pitch that's not been thrown. Over and over and over ...

Agreed. Never again.

Joe DiMaggio struck out 369 times in his career during the regular season. Aaron Judge has struck out 250 times during the regular season in a little over one season. So yes, the game has changed. Striking out 100 times in a season used to be a rarity; now almost everyone who plays regularly does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom