2017 Yankees Thread | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Buster Olney was talking this same way yesterday or the day before on the local radio show when he does his weekly call in. Said that he figured it would happen on Thursday as it's an off day and the teams are PROHIBITED from doing anything news worthy on WS game days. Guess he wasn't wrong...

A lot of names on that list (since deleted) are being mentioned as potential Yankee managers. I think Pre-1996 Torre would also have been on it though.

For comic relief, maybe the Orioles dump Buck and he gets a second chance.

A lot of names on that list (since deleted) are being mentioned as potential Yankee managers. I think Pre-1996 Torre would also have been on it though.

For comic relief, maybe the Orioles dump Buck and he gets a second chance.
Buck no

Now that it's been reported that Cashman recommended that JG not be retained - it begs the question: how has Cashman retained his job? One WS title in the last 17 years despite spending $200+ mil most of those years. Wow, he's really a survivor.

An overrated curmudgeon.
He is a great guy to hire if you are willing to be patient and wait until you fire him so that the next guy can come in and win a title. Very over rated manager. Giardi is a much better manager than Buck. Go get him Yanks.

Now that it's been reported that Cashman recommended that JG not be retained - it begs the question: how has Cashman retained his job? One WS title in the last 17 years despite spending $200+ mil most of those years. Wow, he's really a survivor.
He’s back because he’s been:

-against the Arod 2nd signing.
-against the Jeter last contract
-against the CC extension
-against DLsbury signing

Was overruled on all...and proven right on all.

He’s also getting credit for all the young talent both on the roster and in the minors.

A lot of those salaries Cash was against...ownership pushed it. Cash was behind all the trades that stocked the farm system.

John Heyman is saying Cashman likes former Red Sox Tim Naehring.

He could be the next manager.

John Heyman is saying Cashman likes former Red Sox Tim Naehring.

He could be the next manager.
Yes.

His name has been thrown around for a few months whenever this subject comes up.

Guess he’s a new age analytical guy who will be basically a puppet in the dugout.

Yanks dumped Buck after their first playoff appearance in forever, and a heartbreaking Game 5 loss. Hired Joe Torre who had a losing career record as a manager.

Let's hope that lightning strikes twice.

He’s back because he’s been:

-against the Arod 2nd signing.
-against the Jeter last contract
-against the CC extension
-against DLsbury signing

Was overruled on all...and proven right on all.

He’s also getting credit for all the young talent both on the roster and in the minors.

Yep, they finally let Cashman do things the way he wanted to do them and look what happened.

This year's and the future success is more thanks to him than anyone else. In my opinion anyway.

His Derek Jeter succession plan alone should get him a new deal.

Yep, they finally let Cashman do things the way he wanted to do them and look what happened.

This year's and the future success is more thanks to him than anyone else. In my opinion anyway.

His Derek Jeter succession plan alone should get him a new deal.
Agree.

And of the 25 man roster this postseason, look at the coming/potential turnover too...

1. Garcia
2. Frazier
3. CC
4. Holliday

5. DLsbury
6. Betances
7. Castro
8. Romine

That’s basically a 3rd.

And I left off Tanaka.

Obviously, the bottom 4 would have to be traded, but I can see all gone.

I think Cash has definitely solidified himself to make the HoF as a GM...
IMO, oddly... despite being GM for 4 titles, I think he needs at least 1 more, maybe 2.

I kinda don’t even give him credit for 1st 3, and let’s face it, his 4th, was the Core 4’s 5th.

I never really looked at Executives in the Hall and what they did to get there, but I know Theo is going whenever he wants.

I'd take Buck.

He's not going to be considered, but I'd rather him over Long or Thompson or Pena.

What's Grady Little up to these days????

You should totally give him a try...

IMO, oddly... despite being GM for 4 titles, I think he needs at least 1 more, maybe 2.

I kinda don’t even give him credit for 1st 3, and let’s face it, his 4th, was the Core 4’s 5th.

I never really looked at Executives in the Hall and what they did to get there, but I know Theo is going whenever he wants.

Yes, Theo is a definite...but I think Cash is close...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom