2017 Yankees Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

there is absolutely nothing racist about Beantown.

is it an insult? maybe.

when I call bc the Beantown clowns for sure, but other than that...the Boston govt embraces it, as it was a big part of their history of making friends with the Indians in colonial times.

until they change the name of the biggest city hockey tournament from 'The Bean Pot' to 'The Delicious Sidedish Pot'...its not racist.

now get out of my Yankee Thread...
I was joking with you. I freaking used the term triggered.
The joke was everything is taken out of context these days.

Also the Sox are coming only 1 back. 3 stud pitchers Sale, Price,Porcello.

We are coming. Thanks for taking Ellsbury.

I was joking with you. I freaking used the term triggered.
The joke was everything is taken out of context these days.

Also the Sox are coming only 1 back. 3 stud pitchers Sale, Price,Porcello.

We are coming. Thanks for taking Ellsbury.
I know some don't like it.

we missed Sale, but are getting the other 2.

really was hoping for something last night from Tanka. that last HR was killer.

its going to be tough for the Yanks to keep pace with the sux all year, we just need to keep beating the jays and buck...

I know some don't like it.

we missed Sale, but are getting the other 2.

really was hoping for something last night from Tanka. that last HR was killer.

its going to be tough for the Yanks to keep pace with the sux all year, we just need to keep beating the jays and buck...
Starting pitching will determine the division. I am impressed with the Yankees start especially with the rotation you guys are throwing out there.

Both teams have nice young core players. The differences are fourth and fifth pitchers for Boston are pretty decent and in Eddie Rodriguez and Drew Pomerantz.
I can't tell you the Yankees four and five are that solid.

Yankees bullpen depth is better than Boston for sure.

Starting pitching will determine the division. I am impressed with the Yankees start especially with the rotation you guys are throwing out there.

Both teams have nice young core players. The differences are fourth and fifth pitchers for Boston are pretty decent and in Eddie Rodriguez and Drew Pomerantz.
I can't tell you the Yankees four and five are that solid.

Yankees bullpen depth is better than Boston for sure.
everybody has moved up a slot...

Pineda is the ace.
Severino the better than solid 2.
CC a solid 3
Monty has been a relevation and a workable 4.
tanka, is now the unreliable 5.

the bullpen is certainly a strength.

Clippard needs to cut the shlit, he was lights out for a month and a half, but now is faltering.

Girardi should've brought Betances in for the 8th on Sunday anyway, but I get why he didn't.

Chapman back next Friday.

The popular thinking among the hot sports take crowd is that the Yankees should place Tanaka on the 10 day DL with "exhaustion" or some other fake injury. Of course in such a scenario, Tanaka would need to be complicit. Even if two weeks in Tampa might be in Tanaka's interest, I don't see such a scenario sitting-well with the player's association. They would not want a precedent set where teams start placing slumping players without minor league options on the DL for "exhaustion" rather than having to designate them for assignment.

The popular thinking among the hot sports take crowd is that the Yankees should place Tanaka on the 10 day DL with "exhaustion" or some other fake injury. Of course in such a scenario, Tanaka would need to be complicit. Even if two weeks in Tampa might be in Tanaka's interest, I don't see such a scenario sitting well with the player's association. They would not want a precedent set where teams start placing slumping players without minor league options on the DL for "exhaustion" rather than having to designate them for assignment.
The guy had a blown out UCL like 2 years ago. You can always use the DL for Tanaka and just say it's related to fatigue in his arm/shoulder from that injury.

Tanaka is a stud. He is just struggling right now. The Yankees should DL him if he can't start. You don't put him in the pen. Rest him, send him down to Tampa and then have him go on a 20 day rehab and come back unless he is needed earlier.

Worst case he could get the Tommy John surgery he avoided 2 years ago and come back with a fresh arm. David Price went thru the same rehab Tanaka did 2 years ago.

The guy had a blown out UCL like 2 years ago. You can always use the DL for Tanaka and just say it's related to fatigue in his arm/shoulder from that injury.

Tanaka is a stud. He is just struggling right now. The Yankees should DL him if he can't start. You don't put him in the pen. Rest him, send him down to Tampa and then have him go on a 20 day rehab and come back unless he is needed earlier.
Tanaka would have to agree to play along with the charade.

Even if his elbow isn't "bothering" him, there is a good possibility he is either consciously or subconsciously thinking about it protecting it. Perhaps it's altered his mechanics. I have to idea , just hypothesizing. I just know that I have dislocated my left shoulder five times(last one over ten years ago) but I have learned to subconsciously protect that shoulder at all costs.

Even if his elbow isn't "bothering" him, there is a good possibility he is either consciously or subconsciously thinking about it protecting it. Perhaps it's altered his mechanics. I have to idea , just hypothesizing. I just know that I have dislocated my left shoulder five times(last one over ten years ago) but I have learned to subconsciously protect that shoulder at all costs.
Tanaka has had at least five "quality starts" this season, including a complete game shutout at Fenway. Was he subconsciously protecting his elbow in those starts or just in those where he was bad?

Tanaka has had at least five "quality starts" this season, including a complete game shutout at Fenway. Was he subconsciously protecting his elbow in those starts or just in those where he was bad?
Fair point. I don't know, but something is off. Just hypothesizing.

Fair point. I don't know, but something is off. Just hypothesizing.
It's obviously mechanical, but I don't think it has much to do with the torn UCL. He pitched successfully all of last season.

It's obviously mechanical, but I don't think it has much to do with the torn UCL. He pitched successfully all of last season.
in post #521 I went with the mental breakdown route.

you cant leave those sliders flat and those fastball with nothing on them.

you have to concentrate.

its mental.

unless hes got some feeling problems in his fingers that hes not aware of yet.

send tanaka to tampa and his interpreter to Antarctica.

problem.

solved.

Remy would argue that this solves nothing, you're sending both of them south, so how could he prove they're not together.

Did NESN, in their apology, acknowledge that Orsillo and O'Brien have been serving as Remy's translator for the better part of the last 10 years?

If he isn't going to be useful the rest of this year have him get the tommy John and comeback with a new arm next year.

David Price was told if he was younger in his mid 20s the doctors would have recommended TJ surgery but because he was 29 the doctors said he could do what Tanaka did and not miss a whole season.

It is obvious the guy could have his UCL repaired the team just has to determine if they want him to pitch this year and can they get him to do the surgery.

If he isn't going to be useful the rest of this year have him get the tommy John and comeback with a new arm next year.
Who says he isn't going to be useful for the rest of this year other than Pedro Martinez?

Come 1, Come all!!! Get a free Home Run ball this Sunday at the Big Stadium in the Bronx!!

Just purchase an outfield seat and wait for Tanka to serve up a few meatballs as the Orioles pound them relentlessly into the Left and Right Field Bleachers!!!

Fun Time to be had by All!!!

Come 1, Come all!!! Get a free Home Run ball this Sunday at the Big Stadium in the Bronx!!

Just purchase an outfield seat and wait for Tanka to serve up a few meatballs as the Orioles pound them relentlessly into the Left and Right Field Bleachers!!!

Fun Time to be had by All!!!

The binder is written in ink, not pencil.

Yankees have made their lineup a lot deeper than the past few years.

Lineup depth is key.

Yankees have made their lineup a lot deeper than the past few years.

Lineup depth is key.

It's why I loved the Hicks deal and they stuck by him after a really rough first 4 months last year. Paying off now with Ellsbury hurt (shocker). He was good the last 2 months of 2016 and it has carried into this year. He's young, athletic, former first round pick. Just needed a chance to play.

Carter is still under .200 and has been for the most part horrible. But his defense has been pretty good. And he costs little (in baseball monopoly money terms). As Cone said last night, he'll have somewhat of a hot streak and you'd hate to dump him before it happens.

As I type that he's robbed of a 2nd HR by a great play by Betts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom