2017 Yankees Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

We were at 39 since Kozma was DFA'd

Tejada was on a Minor League deal anyways.
I mustve missed a transaction somewhere.

thought they were at 40, + Austin on the 60.

I thought they needed to make 2 moves when Kozma and Carter made the roster and had to make another add somewhere else...like at P.

I know 1 was moving Austin to the 60day, another was cutting Kozma.

anyway...all good.

its redsux week...

Carter was signed on Feb 16, and Bleier was DFA to make room.

Kozma was signed on April 2, and Austin was transferred to the 60DL to make room.

Kozma was DFA on April 28 when Didi came back from the 10DL.

Other than the Scranton Shuttle, we haven't changed the 40 list for a month.

Carter was signed on Feb 16, and Bleier was DFA to make room.

Kozma was signed on April 2, and Austin was transferred to the 60DL to make room.

Kozma was DFA on April 28 when Didi came back from the 10DL.

Other than the Scranton Shuttle, we haven't changed the 40 list for a month.
didn't know they put Carter on the 40 in Feb, thought it was when they came north.

anyway...stole this post from another site I go on...

some updates down the farm...

Charleston

Estevan Florial is OPSing .837 with 6 HRs and 9 SBs as a 19 year old in Charleston, which is insane (K rate still needs a lot of work though).
Rutherford is hitting .280 and is 9/10 on SBs, but they're taking it pretty slowly with him.
Donnie Sands is hitting .280, which is much more impressive in that he was hitting .214 at the start of May. He has an 11-game on base streak.
Nick Nelson has 39 Ks in 35 IP, he's a JUCO draftee with a lot of potential on the mound.

Tampa

Chris Gittens is OPSing .925 and hitting .303 with 7 HRs. He's a big-time power hitter at 1B, 23 all year.
Nick Solak is at .286 on the season, 11 for his last 28.
Mateo is hitting .253, OPS .714, which is up from an early season slump. 19/22 on SBs, great range in CF but his reads (understandably) aren't great right now.
Zach Littell has a 1.94 ERA over 60.1, 47:13 K:BB. Not a dominating repertoire but he gets people out, just 21 all year.
Taylor Widener has been a mixed bag so far this year, but his 51:19 K:BB over 49 IP tell you the sort of potential he has.
Ian Clarkin has a 1.73 ERA over 36.1 appearances, 33:13 K:BB, velo seems most of the way back, command and control are good but will hopefully improve.

Trenton

Thairo Estrada is hitting .324 and OPSing .840 as a 21 year old at AA, with more BBs than K's.
Miguel Andujar is on fire, hitting .302 after some early struggles with 6 HRs and a respectable K rate of below 15%.
Zack Zehner is at .315 (.826 OPS), not prototypical power for a corner OF spot but if he keeps hitting .315 he will get chances. Maybe not with us, but chances.
Billy McKinney is really struggling, hitting .206.
Justus Sheffield has a 3.04 ERA through 56.1 IP, 49:18 K:BB, some scouts still peg him as our best starting pitching prospect even w/ the ascension of Chance Adams.
Yefry Ramirez is at 2.52 ERA on the year, 1.06 WHIP, 53.2 IP with 58:21 K:BB.
Domingo Acevedo has a season ERA of 3.51 but just 1.78 since his promotion to AA, and a 26:2 K:BB over 25.1 IP. If this is who he is going forward he could be special.

Scranton

Mark Payton is pacing the team with a .315 average, he deserves a shot with another org before too long.
Dustin Fowler is an MLB.com Top 100 prospect now, hitting .300/.335/.563 with 9 HRs, 7/12 SBs and good CF defense. Patience is really his only issue.
Tyler Wade has been superlative too, .297/.371/.446 with 14/18 SBs and a surprising 5 HRs.
Clint Frazier has an ISOP of .232 on the strength of 9 HRs, solid walk rate, .254 average could be better but he's hitting pretty well so far.
Caleb Smith has a 2.94 ERA over 52 IP, with a 49:12 K:BB. He could get spot starts this year.
Tyler Webb has to be on the short list for chances, 2.63 ERA and 39:1 K:BB over 27.1 IP.

What the heck Yankees fans? There are like no fans around home plate. This is Sox-Yanks for the AL East lead.

I know Fenway attendance isn't always sold out but around home plate is always filled. This crowd is small.

crappy weather, those "fans" might be hiding in the restaurant. Headley and Carter are phlucking useless. Need Gleybar and Bird/Austin up there stat so Cash can DFA the useless twins.

Yeah is he going to suck for the foreseeable future Yankee fans? He's absolutely killing my fantasy team considering where I drafted him.

Headly needs to be gone right after he showers. Serious.

He's not even going to make it through the night.

Throwing batting practice tonight. :mad:
Maybe they pull a Kei Igawa with him. Let him work it out in the minors and never bring him back.

Maybe they pull a Kei Igawa with him. Let him work it out in the minors and never bring him back.
The Yankees can be patient with him. He has only been the team's best starter for three seasons.

The Yankees can be patient with him. He has only been the team's best starter for three seasons.

Yep every season except the one it can do me some good :) I thought he would be a really solid pick based on that history. Wonder if he's hurt?

Nope, he's killing this team

What should they do, pretend he is injured and send him on a bogus rehab assignment or have him take up space in the bullpen? When you're ace is struggling, I think you have to live with it. Tanaka has certainly earned the opportunity to figure it out.

hes mentally wearing down.

or at least that has to be it...right??

his velocity and stuff is still there, then he leaves 1 an inning flat over the middle of the plate where my 6 year old could go yard.

might need to skip him or work in a 6th day.

as for Headley, wow...last night was tough.

however, Torres isn't hitting in Scranton.

yet...

move Castro to 3rd now and bring Wade up for 2nd...

just another example of racism in Beantown.
Just an FYI nobody who knows Boston calls it Beantown.

Beantown the nickname is racist. It applies Boston residents only eat beans which is triggering.

Beantown the nickname is racist. It applies Boston residents only eat beans which is triggering.
It's a Yankees thread - could've been much worse, but Kaiser is a gentleman.

there is absolutely nothing racist about Beantown.

is it an insult? maybe.

when I call bc the Beantown clowns for sure, but other than that...the Boston govt embraces it, as it was a big part of their history of making friends with the Indians in colonial times.

until they change the name of the biggest city hockey tournament from 'The Bean Pot' to 'The Delicious Sidedish Pot'...its not racist.

now get out of my Yankee Thread...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom