2017 Yankees Thread | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Indeed, the Yankees can spend that money on starting pitching.
I think the sales pitch could get really interesting...

Come and pitch for a team that's going to bludgeon pitching. Not only will you have run support like you've never seen, you won't ever have to face that lineup.

I'd still take Harper though too.

One thing - I hope somebody in the Yankees org is responsible for facilitating endorsements with Judge's agent.

One of my all-time favorite movies. Unfortunately that clip always angered me as Borbon was playing for the Reds and Mota the Dodgers at the time of this movie. They didn't play together. Where's the continuity guy when you need him?!

picked a couple of hard throwing RHPs in the draft tonight

I hope I'm excited about these kids in 3 years

this is old school Yanks roto wish list stuff but there is the possibility that in a couple of years the meat of the Yanks lineup could look something like:

3- Sanchez
4- Harper
5- Judge
6- Machado

giphy.gif

And Judge goes yard again in the 8th to make it 5-3. Tanaka pitched well tonight. Headley, immediately after driving in the 3rd run, booted one in the 7th that opened the gate for 2 runs, should have been out of the inning at 3-1.

Judge never should have thrown home on the single to right. He air mailed the catcher, allowing the runner to second.

That's what I figured. Just following it on the game tracker.

Looking around for news on Greg Bird I found this article. It's not especially encouraging

Yankees: There’s something funny going here with Greg Bird
kind of a crappy article, but the point remains...Bird is NOT hitting.

hes not going to be a platoon player in the Bronx, he would be here to play every day.

and unless he can do so, hes better off in Scranton.

they will patchwork Carter, Holliday, Sanchez, Romine & Refsnyder at 1st.

Tyler Austin may be next in line over Nick Johnson...I mean Greg Bird.

I think the article is jumping to conclusions. While I agree that there's no need to bring him up until he's hitting, I don't think his time with the Yankees is through. So far in 10 minor league games he's hitting .281 with a .439 OBP. That's Scranton and Tampa combined. He needs to start driving the ball in Scranton before being called up. Carter has made it above the Mendoza line for the time being and the team is playing great so they have the luxury of being able to wait things out.

Giving Bird time to get his groove back in AAA is the smart move, plus if Carter can get his avg up a bit he becomes trade bait at the deadline, which is a good thing.

reality is, the body of work isn't there yet.

yes, he hit .353 in 17 ABs v the kids in high A, but hes also hitting .200in 15 ABs v 'real' competition at AAA.

Yankees have the luxury of making sure he is best prepared to handle big league pitching before he gets back here for hopefully good.

at this point...the way the big team is raking...let him get 100 ABs with the Rail Riders.

see ya after the ASB.

3rd Round pick:
92. New York Yankees Trevor Stephan RHP Arkansas

Looks like they are stocking up on pitchers...

So, Tanaka had an extra day of rest before last night and pitched much better! Coincidence or did the extra day mean that much? Just curious what others think.

So, Tanaka had an extra day of rest before last night and pitched much better! Coincidence or did the extra day mean that much? Just curious what others think.
Tanaka has pitched on extra rest several times this year and stunk up the joint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom