2017 Yankees Thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

From today's NY Post...

Judge's 22 HRs would tie him with Beltran for 2016 Yankee season team lead.

Eduardo Perez is annoying. Just shut it, will ya?

Yankees add talent to Minors through Draft

Sounds like they took some somewhat high risk, high ceiling players in this draft...loading up on pitchers...with one of the best farm systems in MLB they have the luxury to do this...Also, with traffic jam at most positions, they had luxury to really load up on pitchers, which are always in demand...I think it was a pretty good draft for the Yankees...

Yankees Drafted Players

2017-06-15 08.31.22.jpg

kind of a crappy article, but the point remains...Bird is NOT hitting.

hes not going to be a platoon player in the Bronx, he would be here to play every day.

and unless he can do so, hes better off in Scranton.

they will patchwork Carter, Holliday, Sanchez, Romine & Refsnyder at 1st.

Tyler Austin may be next in line over Nick Johnson...I mean Greg Bird.

Carter is going to be the new Stephen Drew. A terrible player with alligator blood.

Part of the team's success so far this year is due to not having any injuries to the starting rotation. Hopefully, they'll weather the storm.

Will they bring forward a middle relief guy like Shreve after they get Chapman back? (Yes I know Shreve, et al, are not closing, but AC bumps Betances forward an inning, which potentially frees up a body from the middle types).

Carter is going to be the new Stephen Drew. A terrible player with alligator blood.

Carter has great power, of course. But he swings at the pitch he wants to hit rather than the one the pitcher threw. I'd be much happier with Holliday at first. Carter seems a little too nonchalant with the glove. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Carter has great power, of course. But he swings at the pitch he wants to hit rather than the one the pitcher threw. I'd be much happier with Holliday at first. Carter seems a little too nonchalant with the glove. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
holliday looked pretty comfortable there last night...and obviously hes a professional, excellent hitter, which Carter is not, but he cant be there every night.

the ball found him and thankfully he found it a few times...but I don't want to see that every night...at all.

Shreve will not start, I think hes found his role.

Warren could, but I doubt it.

5th starter is 1 of Cessa, Green or German

Olney: Trades every team is trying to make by the deadline

Inevitable buyers
i
New York Yankees

They could use some rotation help, but the perception among Brian Cashman’s peers is that he will wait until some of the high asking prices for the best starting pitchers -- Sonny Gray, Gerrit Cole, Jose Quintana, etc. -- might start to drop. "I don’t see him being proactive early," one high-ranking executive said. "He would give the young kids a chance first."

Said another executive: "If you move early, it’s likely an overpay. And the Yankees won’t overpay."

Bryan Mitchell is also in the mix I think, although he hasn't been that great since returning to AAA.
theyd have to stretch him out 1st.

he hasn't gone longer than 3.2 all year.

or is he actually starting and not making it out of the 4th?? :(

I don't see an official move or transaction anywhere but the Yankees active roster now includes German and not CC on MLB app. Obviously we knew CC was going to DL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom