2017 Yankees Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

word was he will also pitch an inning at Scranton on Friday then fly out to Oakland to be with the team for Saturday.

guess they smartly skipping sending him out for the Friday 10pm tilt.

couple of west coast day games and back to da Bronx for the angels again on Tuesday.

3rd Round pick:
92. New York Yankees Trevor Stephan RHP Arkansas

Looks like they are stocking up on pitchers...

5th Round (152) - RHP Glenn Otto

home game
giphy-2-3.gif

reality is, the body of work isn't there yet.

yes, he hit .353 in 17 ABs v the kids in high A, but hes also hitting .200in 15 ABs v 'real' competition at AAA.

Yankees have the luxury of making sure he is best prepared to handle big league pitching before he gets back here for hopefully good.

at this point...the way the big team is raking...let him get 100 ABs with the Rail Riders.

see ya after the ASB.
Bird will be just fine. He was great after Tex went down in 2015, and he looked like a combination of Aug-Sept 2016 Sanchez and 2017 Judge in spring training. No need to shove him back into the lineup the way things are going now.

sooopaaah.

Chance Adams??

but hes not on the 40 man so somebody will have to go...

We DFA'd Layne on June 11 to make room for German on the 25 (he was already on the 40).

We're at 39.

Adams just pitched Sunday. If he takes CC's next start, he'd be at Oakland on the 18th.

We also have to make room for Chapman this weekend.

Last edited:
It's painful to watch Carter swing. Right now he couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass drum.

Words I thought I'd never see - Chase Headley intentionally walked.

Words I thought I'd never see - Chase Headley intentionally walked.

Well, Scioscia apparently knew what he was doing. Carter comes up behind Headley, bases loaded, one out, and promptly pops up the first freaking pitch. <SMFH>

The New York Yankees' draft picks are listed by round, with the overall pick in parentheses. For more, check out the overall draft results and the 2017 first-year player draft home page.

1 (16) -- Clarke Schmidt, RHP, South Carolina

2 (54) -- Matt Sauer, RHP, Ernest Righetti HS (Santa Maria, Calif.)

3 (92) -- Trevor Stephan, RHP, Arkansas

4 (122) -- Canaan Smith, RF, Rockwall-Heath HS (Rockwall, Texas)

5 (152) -- Glenn Otto, RHP, Rice

6 (182) -- Dalton Lehnen, LHP, Augustana

7 (212) -- Dalton Higgins, RHP, Dallas Baptist

8 (242) -- Kyle Zurak, RHP, Radford

9 (272) -- Austin Gardner, RHP, Texas - Arlington

10 (302) -- Chad Whitmer, RHP, Southern Illinois - Carbondale

It's painful to watch Carter swing. Right now he couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass drum.

Apparently he can't catch the freaking ball either.

To the clown responsible for producing that drivel, may your Seattle Mariners trophy case remain empty.

Hey I enjoyed it as it shows the Yankees are relevant again...You won't see the same list for the Mariners...

We DFA'd Layne on June 11 to make room for German on the 25 (he was already on the 40).

We're at 39.

Adams just pitched Sunday. If he takes CC's next start, he'd be at Oakland on the 18th.

We also have to make room for Chapman this weekend.
ok, you covered that before...mea culpa.

so there is a 'spot' open on the 40, Cash is a smart man.

as for the 25, 1 spot will be a swap for CC.

I can see them giving it to Cessa before Adams actually.

another will have to go for Chapman.

Great piece of trivia from that article:

Judge hit his 26th career home run in his 86th career game, tied with teammate Gary Sanchez for most career HR through 86 career games in Yankees history.
Wow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom