2017 Yankees Thread | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

team is regressing hard to the mean. No playoffs this year

As always, starting pitching will determine if this team makes the post season. Tanaka has to return to his "Ace" form. Pineda and Severino have to pitch like they were a couple of weeks ago.

The bullpen has been terrible lately, but I think it will end up being a team-strength.

The recent rash of errors does not concern me.

If things continue to go badly, there are some tradable assets: Holiday, Gardner, Pineda, a healthy Sabathia, Carter, Clippard, and maybe Headley if the Yankees agree to shoulder much of his 2018 salary. These guys won't command top-level prospects, but the Yankees could get more minor-league depth in-return.

Chapman, Ellsbury and Tanaka are unmovable.

Last edited:
As always, starting pitching will determine if this team makes the post season. Tanaka has to return to his "Ace" form. Pineda and Severino have to pitch like they were a couple of weeks ago.

The bullpen has been terrible lately, but I think it will end up being a team-strength.

The recent rash of errors does not concern me.

If things continue to go badly, there are some tradable assets: Holiday, Gardner, Pineda, a healthy Sabathia, Carter, Clippard, and maybe Headley if the Yankees agree to shoulder much of his 2018 salary. These guys won't command top-level prospects, but the Yankees could get more minor-league depth in-return.

Chapman, Ellsbury and Tanaka are unmovable.
if Gardy gets past the deadline, he will be a 10 & 5 guy next year...I love him and hope he goes no where.

the pitching just needs to find its groove again, it will.

as for all the L's...I think they snap out of it v the Rangers.

Scioscia just knows how to beat the Yanks.

he drove Torre nuts too.

things seem to be progressing smoothly for the losers of 8 of their last 10...

Too bad Torres needed surgery. Sounded like they were ready to call him up.

It's happening...

he cant be worse at the plate and its a significant upgrade with the glove.

even if we give a day at 1st to Romine, Sanchez or Holliday...Austin can come in for the 8th & 9th to play the field.

and maybe, just maybe...make contact to move the runners up as opposed to a K...

he cant be worse at the plate and its a significant upgrade with the glove.

even if we give a day at 1st to Romine, Sanchez or Holliday...Austin can come in for the 8th & 9th to play the field.

and maybe, just maybe...make contact to move the runners up as opposed to a K...
Any time Carter or Headley come up with runners on it's like trying to hit the lottery for them to come through.

Batting 7th today.
CF Williams
LF Hicks
RF Judge
DH Holliday
2B Castro
SS Didi
1B Austin
3B Torreyes
C Romine

not exactly the '27 Yankees today...

CF Williams
LF Hicks
RF Judge
DH Holliday
2B Castro
SS Didi
1B Austin
3B Torreyes
C Romine

not exactly the '27 Yankees today...

Joe's white flag lineup.

Justice Sheffield was the Eastern League Pitcher of the Week.

2 starts, 1 run and 11 Ks in 13 innings.

Chance Adams

AAA: 5-2 2.12 46.2 innings. 52 Ks v 17 BBs. opponents avg .154 with a 0.88 whip

Overall 9-2 1.65. 81.2 innings 84 v 32. .167 & 0.97

It's happening...

I will be interested in seeing what happens to Carter. At only $3.5 million per year and with that year nearly half-over, I think teams will take a shot and claim him. The Yankees might be able to get something small in return.

If he does clear waivers, I wonder if the Yankees would bother sending him to the minors.

Last edited:
and its a significant upgrade with the glove
Carter made a few errors this year, but he is an adequate fielder. I have never heard that Austin is a great defensive first baseman. He does provide more flexibility though, since he can play OF and 3B.

I will be interested in seeing what happens to Carter. At only $3.5 million per year and that year nearly half over, I think teams will take a shot and claim him. The Yankees might be able to get something small in return. If he does clear waivers, I wonder if the Yankees would bother sending him to the minors.
nah.

hes done.

they will have to get Bird rehab ABs at 1st, Refsnyder as well. and Ji-Man Choi is a lefty hitting .280 with 30 rbi's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom