2017 Yankees Thread | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Kay Show on YES @TMKSonYES

Cashman tells #TMKSonYES about the 1B position "we're gonna stay with Carter unless something else materializes as we get near the deadline"

Its-Always-Sunny-God-Damn-It.gif

of course after the error puts the tying run on second with one out Headley and Fan are up and promptly to what they do, which is get weak outs. The only positives I can take from Sat./Sun is that Chapman is back and the bullpen gave up zero runs the last two days. HR or nothing offense continues to be a problem, along with Girardi. I hope they leave him there.

Amen. Here's to a better week.

In the 2004 ALCS, the Yanks beat Boston 19-6, and then proceeded to beat themselves by trying to go yard with everything over the next four games. I watched several games of this past west coast swing and after running up numbers like a gas pump the previous ten days against Boston and Baltimore, it began to feel a lot like that.

In the 2004 ALCS, the Yanks beat Boston 19-6, and then proceeded to beat themselves by trying to go yard with everything over the next four games. I watched several games of this past west coast swing and after running up numbers like a gas pump the previous ten days against Boston and Baltimore, it began to feel a lot like that.

It appears the All-Star break can't come fast enough now...give them a breather to regroup...

It appears the All-Star break can't come fast enough now...give them a breather to regroup...

I'm hoping it (the west coast trip) works like a wake-up call and they get back to playing baseball instead of "extended BP." And if it works that way, it's fortunate it happened sooner rather than later. But they're going to miss Sabathia, who had been pretty consistent.

I don't know, they lost some close and tough games last week, had a few guys go down with injuries and didn't get the kind of starting pitching they had been getting lately. They easily could have taken two or three of the games. It's a long season, and a bad stretch like this is inevitable. I'm still happy with what I've seen to date.

It's a tough call, but I think Joe G got a little too cute with the bull pen this past week by looking ahead and trying to save arms. One thing I remember Joe Torre saying is win the game your playing and worry about tomorrow's game tomorrow. It doesn't help having the depleted line-up with no Sanchez and Hicks either. And what's up with Romine? Wasn't he supposed to be an excellent defensive catcher with a decent bat? And where the he11 is Ellsbury? I thought he was available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom