2017 Yankees Thread | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

It's a tough call, but I think Joe G got a little too cute with the bull pen this past week by looking ahead and trying to save arms. One thing I remember Joe Torre saying is win the game your playing and worry about tomorrow's game tomorrow. It doesn't help having the depleted line-up with no Sanchez and Hicks either. And what's up with Romine? Wasn't he supposed to be an excellent defensive catcher with a decent bat? And where the he11 is Ellsbury? I thought he was available.

Last I knew, DLsbury was still in the concussion protocol/DL.

silver-lining.png

since most of the recent crap happened since I started posting in this thread, I'll refrain from posting again here for a while (like the hoops game threads)

you're welcome

It's a tough call, but I think Joe G got a little too cute with the bull pen this past week by looking ahead and trying to save arms. One thing I remember Joe Torre saying is win the game your playing and worry about tomorrow's game tomorrow. It doesn't help having the depleted line-up with no Sanchez and Hicks either. And what's up with Romine? Wasn't he supposed to be an excellent defensive catcher with a decent bat? And where the he11 is Ellsbury? I thought he was available.

Torre's philosophy killed the arms of Tom Gordon, Scott Proctor, Grahme Lloyd, etc.

Yankees' Marsh, Twins' Booser susp. 50 games

Gleyber Torres' injury saves Chase Headley's spot on Yankees

Andrew Marchand ESPN Senior Writer
Yankees GM Brian Cashman disagreed with the narrative that Gleyber Torres was being groomed to play third base this year. Cashman made clear who the team third baseman is and will be. "Chase Headley is playing third base for us," Cashman said. "We are not trying to replace Chase Headley." The hot-hitting Miguel Andujar has been promoted from Double-A to Triple-A becuase of Torres' season-ending injury, but Andujuar is not on the MLB radar.

im going tonight.

if theres a David Wells look-a-like 9 beers in pitching the 7th, you will know ive succeeded in convincing Girardi to give me the ball...
That visual sorta changes things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom