2017 Yankees Thread | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Steal for the Yankees unless Gray gets hurt. Prospects unless they are blue chip aren't as good as fans like.

You just have to flip them for legit assets.

Gray isn't a front line starter, and who knows if he can pitch in Ny, thats a lot to give up.

Gray isn't a front line starter, and who knows if he can pitch in Ny, thats a lot to give up.
2013 playoffs Gray was money in the playoffs in 2 starts against the Tigers. Battled Verlander in an epic game 5.

He has front of the rotation stuff when he is healthy. The Yankees traded 2 injured prospects and held onto Sheffield.

Most measures have him somewhere between the 15th and 25th best starter in the American League since 2013, which makes him about #2 or #3 guy.

I think hes probably a lesser number two guy, he isn't a difference maker, he can help, not going to put you over the top.

Personally I hate the current Red Sox team so I think the Yankees will win the division with this move.

Red Sox fans who aren't Bandwagon nation hate the team and gutless lack of leadership it has. Chris Sale is the only reason they are still a playoff contender. Beyond him and Mookie Betts I hate the veterans on the team.

Personally I hate the current Red Sox team so I think the Yankees will win the division with this move.

Red Sox fans who aren't Bandwagon nation hate the team and gutless lack of leadership it has. Chris Sale is the only reason they are still a playoff contender. Beyond him and Mookie Betts I hate the veterans on the team.

Reed is going to help you a lot, the guy is tough.

With Gray being under contract for 2 years after this season it was always going to cost the Yankees more. Kaprellian has really struggled with injuries so I understand why the Yankees moved on despite the fact that they loved his potential Mateo stings as he could have been the third basemen of the future after next year when Headley's deal is up. Still get a #2 starter for the next 2+ years and still have Torres, Florio, Sheffield, Acevedo, Frazier etc.

Over the top of what? It gives the Yankees a better chance to win the division, which they already lead by half of a game.

Win a playoff series, I still think Cle and Hou are better, I think the Red Sox and Yankees are pretty much even, the difference is Sale.

If it's done I can deal with it. Fowler was going to be odd man out imo. Karpelian appears injury prone. Mateo was persona non grata to some extent and they were trying to move him to the outfield last I heard. I think this trade with the bull pen acquisitions makes the Yankees the team to beat in the division. Hicks and Castro will be back in 2 weeks for the stretch run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom