2017 Yankees Thread | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Yankee-Red Sox games are so stressful to watch. Their are never really any blowouts.

They are always tight. These teams are evenly matched.

And yet they won a game and should have won another.
What game should they have won? The Red Sox had a 3 run lead and lost their starting pitcher in game #1.

Yankee-Red Sox games are so stressful to watch. Their are never really any blowouts.

They are always tight. These teams are evenly matched.

Not today. I know you'll peddle your contrarian schtick but this division is over. The Yankees aren't making up 5 games with 39 to go.

What game should they have won? The Red Sox had a 3 run lead and lost their starting pitcher in game #1.
The odds of the Yankees winning a game where take a 3 run to the bottom of the 7th are pretty good. Hell, the odds of any major league team doing so are pretty good.

The odds of the Yankees winning a game where take a 3 run to the bottom of the 7th are pretty good. Hell, the odds of any major league team doing so are pretty good.
What are the odds of the Red Sox winning when they have a three run lead? The Sox got their ups in the 7th. Just like the Yanks did.

What are the odds of the Red Sox winning when they have a three run lead? The Sox got their ups in the 7th. Just like the Yanks did.
Haven't heard anyone say "got their ups" since I was 10. ;)

Not today. I know you'll peddle your contrarian schtick but this division is over. The Yankees aren't making up 5 games with 39 to go.
Red Sox had to win this game or the lead is likely 2 games by next Friday.
Boston is going to lose atleast 2 games of 4 to Cleveland in Cleveland.
Yankees play Detroit.

Your making up room this week.
Boston doesn't have the division close to over.
They have a 4 game set in Yankee Stadium in 2 weeks. The Yankees could easily win 3 of 4 there.

It's no contrarian take. I am not close to confident yet on the division.

Rob Deer 2.0 flailing away is tough to watch, and stubborn Joe keeps running him out there in the 3 spot.

Red Sox had to win this game or the lead is likely 2 games by next Friday.
Boston is going to lose atleast 2 games of 4 to Cleveland in Cleveland.
Yankees play Detroit.

Your making up room this week.
Boston doesn't have the division close to over.
They have a 4 game set in Yankee Stadium in 2 weeks. The Yankees could easily win 3 of 4 there.

It's no contrarian take. I am not close to confident yet on the division.
Likely 2 games? The Yankees are going to go in to Detroit and are going to sweep? That is likely? I can see it being 4 1/2 on Thursday night. And the Yankees still have the Indians left. the Red Sox are in a dominant position. They just won back to back series against the Yanks. Right now, the number one concern for the Yankees has to be making the playoffs. Two teams are 2 1/2 games back of them in the wild card.

Rob Deer 2.0 flailing away is tough to watch, and stubborn Joe keeps running him out there in the 3 spot.
I agree that is a mistake. Also, if the Yanks wanted the division, Severino had to pitch game 1.

Haven't heard anyone say "got their ups" since I was 10. ;)
Oh, and the Red Sox had a 3 run lead in the 8th inning on Friday night in New York. Should they have swept that weekend?

Likely 2 games? The Yankees are going to go in to Detroit and are going to sweep? That is likely? I can see it being 4 1/2 on Thursday night. And the Yankees still have the Indians left. the Red Sox are in a dominant position. They just won back to back series against the Yanks. Right now, the number one concern for the Yankees has to be making the playoffs. Two teams are 2 1/2 games back of them in the wild card.
If the Sox hadn't won today the lead would have been 3.
Winning today made it 5.

If they had lost today I was saying the Sox would have split with Cleveland and Yankees won 3 of 4 versus Detroit.
That was my point it would have been 2 games IMO next Friday.
Winning today kept the Sox cushion but it's not over till the mid September.

Boston has a ton of games left with Toronto.

If the Sox hadn't won today the lead would have been 3.
Winning today made it 5.

If they had lost today I was saying the Sox would have split with Cleveland and Yankees won 3 of 4 versus Detroit.
That was my point it would have been 2 games IMO next Friday.
Winning today kept the Sox cushion but it's not over till the mid September.

Boston has a ton of games left with Toronto.
Is Toronto suddenly a powerhouse? They have about 39 games left. Is it over? No. Of course not. But the Red Sox are in a very strong position. Besides the 5 game lead, they are a bit better.

Is Toronto suddenly a powerhouse? They have about 39 games left. Is it over? No. Of course not. But the Red Sox are in a very strong position. Besides the 5 game lead, they are a bit better.

I agree Sox are in a strong position but Alsac's point was that it potentially could have been very tight if NY had won today. Sox go into Cleveland to play four against a team that is a difficult match-up for them. I could see them losing 3 of 4 very easily to where the lead could have shrunk to 1-1/2 or 2-1/2 by Friday. NYY goes into Detroit and won't have to see Verlander. Yanks have another shot at the end of the month and if they take 3 of 4 from Boston then they're right back in it. If they can't do that then it's a big uphill climb. Sox schedule is favorable afterward with series against Oakland and Cinci and even finishing with four against Houston who will likely have nothing to play for.

Just when I think Sanchez cldn't get any dumber he goes ahead and does something like this... AND TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!!!!

Big W

Guy has a cannon for an arm and is a very dangerous hitter but he's a train wreck behind the plate. How many extra bases did Boston get because of balls that got by him? Some of them were tough but MLB catchers find a way to block most of them. You have to believe NYY pitchers are afraid to snap off breaking pitches with men on base.

but, someone didn't have someone else's back and they don't "cowboy-up."
The team is 14-3 since David Price and Dustin Pedroia went on the DL. But yeah take a passive aggressive swipe without looking at that.

Go back to listening to Dan Lebatard whine about Colin Kaepernick and boycott the NFL. It really works.

The team is 14-3 since David Price and Dustin Pedroia went on the DL. But yeah take a passive aggressive swipe without looking at that.

Go back to listening to Dan Lebatard whine about Colin Kaepernick and boycott the NFL. It really works.
The Sox need Pedroia on two fronts. First, Nunez doesn't cover the ground he stands on. It is an insult to guys with no range to say he has no range. Second, his bat would be welcome. Hanley has to either start hitting or hit the bench.

The Sox need Pedroia on two fronts. First, Nunez doesn't cover the ground he stands on. It is an insult to guys with no range to say he has no range. Second, his bat would be welcome. Hanley has to either start hitting or hit the bench.
Pedroia bat has been replaced by Devers.

Nunes has been good offensively. Pedroia'a glove is good but isn't the same since he had that knee injury this year.
Holt or Marrero could be defensive replacements if necessary.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Pedroia didn't come back and from Dombrowski's comments he probably isn't coming back soon.

Chemistry since July 31st has been great. No Price and Pedroia with the media has been good for the team.

Plus Devers and Nunes

I am sure everyone else decided to play better because those guys are gone.

I am sure everyone else decided to play better because those guys are gone.
Yeah because chemistry has never been a problem with the team before.
Go look at the 2004 Red Sox before they traded Nomar and after they traded Nomar.

Yeah because chemistry has never been a problem with the team before.
Go look at the 2004 Red Sox before they traded Nomar and after they traded Nomar.
It's easy to argue for concepts like "chemistry" because you can't be proven wrong. 2004 is fuzzy to me, but I bet the players the Sox acquired at the deadline that year performed pretty well. We won't agree on this stuff. I'm obviously not a "chemistry" guy. I give far more credit to just the random nature of sports. My 12th grade statistics teacher would be disappointed in me if I inferred causality from a sample of 17.

It's easy to argue for concepts like "chemistry" because you can't be proven wrong. 2004 is fuzzy to me, but I bet the players the Sox acquired at the deadline that year performed pretty well. We won't agree on this stuff. I'm obviously not a "chemistry" guy. I give far more credit to just the random nature of sports. My 12th grade statistics teacher would be disappointed in me if I inferred causality from a sample of 17.
CHEMIST.jpg

Detroit took 2/3 in Yankee stadium a couple weeks ago. The Yankees offense makes junk pitchers look like Cy Young

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom