2017 Yankees Thread | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Pedroia bat has been replaced by Devers.

Nunes has been good offensively. Pedroia'a glove is good but isn't the same since he had that knee injury this year.
Holt or Marrero could be defensive replacements if necessary.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Pedroia didn't come back and from Dombrowski's comments he probably isn't coming back soon.

Chemistry since July 31st has been great. No Price and Pedroia with the media has been good for the team.

Plus Devers and Nunes

A healthy Pedroia is better than Nunes. I've got no complaint with Nunes, he's done a nice job. But he's nowhere near the complete player that Pedroia is.

Yeah because chemistry has never been a problem with the team before.
Go look at the 2004 Red Sox before they traded Nomar and after they traded Nomar.
The players love both Pedroia and Price. If you are thinking that there is a chemistry problem with the Red Sox, you are really off base. There is no issue with Price or Pedroia. The players on the team like them both. A lot.

A healthy Pedroia is better than Nunes. I've got no complaint with Nunes, he's done a nice job. But he's nowhere near the complete player that Pedroia is.
I'm sorry but that is laughable. Nunez is worse than horrible on defense. He covers no ground. With Hanley on first, the right side covers zero ground. Can't have that. Plus Pedroia, as of right now, has the highest B.A. of anyone on the team that has been there more than 5 minutes. The idea that the team is better without him is CRAZY.

I didn't know Troy Nunes played baseball. ;)

I'm sorry but that is laughable. Nunez is worse than horrible on defense. He covers no ground. With Hanley on first, the right side covers zero ground. Can't have that. Plus Pedroia, as of right now, has the highest B.A. of anyone on the team that has been there more than 5 minutes. The idea that the team is better without him is CRAZY.

lol what are you sorry about? I said DP was a much more complete player than Nunez. Sheet, even when I agree with you you find a way to twist it into an argument.

lol what are you sorry about? I said DP was a much more complete player than Nunez. Sheet, even when I agree with you you find a way to twist it into an argument.
I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to alsacs. I hit reply to the wrong post.

Yankee fans nights like tonight are why you aren't out of it.

John Farrell is so bad I can't take it.

He literally blew this game. I can't even.

Yankee fans nights like tonight are why you aren't out of it.

John Farrell is so bad I can't take it.

He literally blew this game. I can't even.
100% agree. I laugh every time I hear a yankee fan blast Giardi. To bring Barnes in with a lead in the 8th, stunning. Why did you get Reed? And you know you have Fister going tomorrow so you won't need your winning relievers. the guy has done one thing well. He changes the batting order. That's it.

100% agree. I laugh every time I hear a yankee fan blast Giardi. To bring Barnes in with a lead in the 8th, stunning. Why did you get Reed? And you know you have Fister going tomorrow so you won't need your winning relievers. the guy has done one thing well. He changes the batting order. That's it.

Reed might not have been available?

Reed might not have been available?
He pitched Friday and Sunday.

It's not just Reed.
Farrell used his 5th best reliever Matt Barnes over Brandon Workman who he brought in the 9th.

He brought Hembree in with runners on base. When Hembree is awful with inherited runners.

John Farrell pitch ran for Vazquez in a 3-0 count on the next hitter.

He is so bad it's not even funny.
Girardi is miles better it's not even close.

It's not even funny.
Farrell is so bad. I can't even.

He pitched Friday and Sunday.

It's not just Reed.
Farrell used his 5th best reliever Matt Barnes over Brandon Workman who he brought in the 9th.

He brought Hembree in with runners on base. When Hembree is awful with inherited runners.

John Farrell pitch ran for Vazquez in a 3-0 count on the next hitter.

He is so bad it's not even funny.
Girardi is miles better it's not even close.

It's not even funny.
Farrell is so bad. I can't even.
And to make matters even worse, he is banging Jessica Moran , who lost her job because of it, and I loved her.

I don't take the anti-Girardi Yankee fans very seriously, but it does make for some of the best calls on Francesa. Been a wild year, 99% of that same fan base would've take. 83 Wins in April, now that we can push 90 but might not make it...it's all Girardi's fault???

Ok.

Girardi's biggest issue is that we all saw the Yankee machine put Torre in the HOF...and we all feel a big run is coming so now they want to do the same for Mattingly

I wouldn't change him.

Are their better managers out there?

I guess.

Could we get them? Maybe, maybe not.

Do we need them?

I don't think so.

Who's the pool?

Bochy, Maddon, sux old friend Francona, Sicosia??

Yanks are fine, just get an injury healing machine...

It's entertaining to watch them disagree.

They do seem to be on the same page with Farrell though. Not so much if you're a player whose last name starts with a P.
The Pedroia-Nunes debate is fascinating.

It's entertaining to watch them disagree.

They do seem to be on the same page with Farrell though. Not so much if you're a player whose last name starts with a P.
If the Red Sox could trade for Joe Gerardi I would do it. You guys don't understand what it's like to have a manager who is an idiot who speaks doublespeak on everything he says. He doesn't know how to manage a bullpen. He is obsessed with making the same mistake time after time and never learning.

The talent on this team is good and the freaking manager is a clown.

The Pedroia-Nunes debate is fascinating.
It really is.

It's Eduardo Nunez, and these guys are acting like they just convinced Carney Lansford to re-up.

I don't ever want Mattingly to manage the Yankees. I am always going to have a love-hate relationship with the Yankee manager. I don't ever want to have negative feelings about Mattingly.

Pretty much this when it was down to him and Girardi after Torre left. Maybe the organization felt the same.

I don't ever want Mattingly to manage the Yankees. I am always going to have a love-hate relationship with the Yankee manager. I don't ever want to have negative feelings about Mattingly.
That's a dilemma for a lot of us.

And if Jeter ever fires Mattingly, I'm going to Tampa or wherever and sinking his boat.

They should give Tino a shot just so we could see him grab players by the throat like he did when he was the Marlins hitting coach!

They should give Tino a shot just so we could see him grab players by the throat like he did when he was the Marlins hitting coach!
The line forming to grab Yankee hitters by the throat this past 2 months, has reached Albany.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom