2017 Yankees Thread | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

I don't ever want Mattingly to manage the Yankees. I am always going to have a love-hate relationship with the Yankee manager. I don't ever want to have negative feelings about Mattingly.

If I had a time machine and Biff Tannen's Sports Almanac, then I'd pick the year that Mattingly could manage so he gets the WS win.

Otherwise, yeah, that's just way too much of a conflict of interest for me.

When Girardi got the job, I was relieved.

I don't take the anti-Girardi Yankee fans very seriously, but it does make for some of the best calls on Francesa. Been a wild year, 99% of that same fan base would've take. 83 Wins in April, now that we can push 90 but might not make it...it's all Girardi's fault???

Ok.

Girardi's biggest issue is that we all saw the Yankee machine put Torre in the HOF...and we all feel a big run is coming so now they want to do the same for Mattingly

I wouldn't change him.

Are their better managers out there?

I guess.

Could we get them? Maybe, maybe not.

Do we need them?

I don't think so.

Who's the pool?

Bochy, Maddon, sux old friend Francona, Sicosia??

Yanks are fine, just get an injury healing machine...

Speaking of Francesa, I'm debating whether to head down to Bar A in Belmar this Friday to hear the Sports Pope do his thing one last time. It would be a such a thrill to listen to big Mike mangle the english language one final time.

100% agree. I laugh every time I hear a yankee fan blast Giardi. To bring Barnes in with a lead in the 8th, stunning. Why did you get Reed? And you know you have Fister going tomorrow so you won't need your winning relievers. the guy has done one thing well. He changes the batting order. That's it.

It took Girardi almost 2 months of Judge slumping before he dropped him down, from 3rd to 4th last night. My biggest problem with Joe is he's so damn stubborn.

37 games.
Ken Davidoff in today's Post...points out that the Yankees have 38 games left, so in theory, he could still break his own record this year.

And if he's on a run, when Girardi gives him a day...expect it to be brought up.

Ken Davidoff in today's Post...points out that the Yankees have 38 games left, so in theory, he could still break his own record this year.

And if he's on a run, when Girardi gives him a day...expect it to be brought up.

DNPs don't count. It might even be worse if he was on a long streak as the season ended and that was all the talk leading into spring training and the start of next season.

So I'm not going to start a Dodgers thread, but interesting night for Rich Hill.

Those Dodgers can't catch a break this year! Forget about 120 wins.

Can't wait for the Davis is better than Benintendi side bar to this thread.
Hopefully we see another Davis vs. Chapman moment like we saw in game 7 last year.

Todd Frazier takes an 0-fer on a night the Yankees crank out 14 hits. He's hitting .230 as a NYY, but the Mendoza Line is still in play. I don't dislike the guy, I just want him to do better. And since I don't get many games out here, anyone here see what's up with him?

Todd Frazier takes an 0-fer on a night the Yankees crank out 14 hits. He's hitting .230 as a NYY, but the Mendoza Line is still in play. I don't dislike the guy, I just want him to do better. And since I don't get many games out here, anyone here see what's up with him?
You're missing the forest through the trees.

In 32 games it's 5 HRs & 15 RBI with a .352 OBP.

Multiply that out and then remember he's hitting 7th.

He plays good 3rd, pushed Headley to 1st who's hitting well and fielding like a champ.

So the infield went from 2 weak spots to just 1 with Castro out.

Plus, he just cost Clippard.

Bird is back tomorrow and if he starts raking, we will have a corner infield problem of the good kind for the 1st time all year.

He plays good 3rd, pushed Headley to 1st who's hitting well and fielding like a champ.

Bird is back tomorrow and if he starts raking, we will have a corner infield problem of the good kind for the 1st time all year.
Frazier won you guys the game last Saturday.
He is a high production low average guy.

I will say the Yankees acquiring him forced the Red Sox to callup Devers to get a bat at 3rd.

Yankees have turned it on in Detroit.
The offense will have good and bad days the Yankees will go as far as their bullpen takes them.

And BTW: anytime the twins, royals, angels, mariners and rangers want to lose a game...well it's ok by me.

Thanks man, that's the kind of angle I was looking to hear, because as I said I get very few NYY games here. That, and the Cdn sports media thinks the sun doesn't shine until Toronto gets up.

Thanks man, that's the kind of angle I was looking to hear, because as I said I get very few NYY games here. That, and the Cdn sports media thinks the sun doesn't shine until Toronto gets up.
The other thing with him is hes really good in the clubhouse and a go to guy for a quote, win or lose.

I'd put him already 4th in the team leader category...

1. Gardner
1A. Didi
3. Headley
4. The Toddfather

A good veteran, who plays everyday, has some success and awards, but is team first, Girardi says jump...he asks how high, etc.

Ugh, I typed all that hoping Warren wouldn't blow this open, nope...

I feel bad for Cabrera. Can't be easy having a year like this, so now he's trying to start fights.

Credit to Romine. He took off his mask first.

Summary:

Sanchez homers off Fulmer.

Next at bat Sanchez gets hit.

Kahnle retaliates against Cabrera (actually threw behind him).

Kahnle tossed. Joe tossed. Umps never issued warning.

Chapman comes in to warm up.

Romine and Cabrera have at it.

Now Sanchez has to catch and Yanks lose DH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom