2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

Chris Sale vs NYY in his entire Red Sox career
47 IP - 11 ER
David Price vs NYY as a Red Sox in 2018
4.1 IP - 12 ER

Honestly winning 1 of 3 is fine in these series.
Win these series at home and just don’t get swept on the road.
These teams are close to even.
Also next time Price starts the Yankees have to start Gray.

DhEQRxaVAAA8yJn

Bogaerts starting to flash the power that many had predicted for him when he broke into the big leagues. Now on track for 25 dingers.

The Nationals are the best team the Sox play till July 30th and they swept them on the road.
That is why winning 1 of 3 at Yankee stadium is fine.
The American League blows outside of the top 5 teams.

Boston has a notable scheduling advantage from here on out over the NYY. After today Boston has 30 road games left while NY has 40. Approx. 95% of Boston's remaining games are in the eastern time zone and about 2/3 of the road games are against teams with records below .500. None of that guarantees anything but if they can take care of business at home then they should be in good shape.

Boston has a notable scheduling advantage from here on out over the NYY. After today Boston has 30 road games left while NY has 40. Approx. 95% of Boston's remaining games are in the eastern time zone and about 2/3 of the road games are against teams with records below .500. None of that guarantees anything but if they can take care of business at home then they should be in good shape.
A nice make believe advantage.

At the All Star Break, the day when everyone's temperature is taken, the Yankees will only be 2 behind the sux in roadies and one is a doubleheader in Yankee Park at Camden Yards.

Sux still have 3 with the astros, who the Yankees already own.

Regardless, the division will be won head to head, which yes, for like the 100th time...will be in Fenway on the last weekend.

At the All Star Break, the day when everyone's temperature is taken, the Yankees will only be 2 behind the sux in roadies and one is a doubleheader in Yankee Park at Camden Yards.

Regardless, the division will be won head to head, which yes, for like the 100th time...will be in Fenway on the last weekend.
Sox have 3 with Houston at home but they will be done with the Rays completely after 2 more series the Yankees have 2 more visits to the Trop plus they have a road trip to Oak and Sea in September.
Sox don’t further West than Chicago after today in KC.
Both Boston and NY are crusing to 100+ wins. They play 6 times in the last 2 weeks.
I think the Yankees last road trip and 7 games are hard. @TB for 4 and @Bos for 3.

Sox have 3 with Houston at home but they will be done with the Rays completely after 2 more series the Yankees have 2 more visits to the Trop plus they have a road trip to Oak and Sea in September.
Sox don’t further West than Chicago after today in KC.
Both Boston and NY are crusing to 100+ wins. They play 6 times in the last 2 weeks.
I think the Yankees last road trip and 7 games are hard. @TB for 4 and @Bos for 3.
I expect the Yankees to be anywhere from 1-3 games back of the sux, heading into that last weekend.

I also think somehow Sale will pitch all 3.

You breezed by those four games in Cleveland this week. They're playing decent baseball as of late. It won't be decided head to head. The other 85% of the games remaining to be played will be the key. Who can avoid bad losses to the dregs.

You breezed by those four games in Cleveland this week. They're playing decent baseball as of late. It won't be decided head to head. The other 85% of the games remaining to be played will be the key. Who can avoid bad losses to the dregs.
Ill give u credit for putting the tribe in the conversation as a comparison to your astro series, as opposed to the freakin devil rays...

Ill give u credit for putting the tribe in the conversation as a comparison to your astro series, as opposed to the freakin devil rays...
One team of the Red Sox and Yankees has been swept by the Rays in Tampa this year.
That team wasn’t the Red Sox.

One team of the Red Sox and Yankees has been swept by the Rays in Tampa this year.
That’s baseball Suzyn.

The Yankee house of horrors is usually the Angels, especially there, and throw in the As while we out and yeah, that’s a tough stretch.

Don’t think the Yankees have the horses to catch the sux in the regular season, other than ripping them head to head.

Will almost be better off not having to play for the AL East that last series, at least then we know we can start Sevy that tues or wed.

That’s baseball Suzyn.

The Yankee house of horrors is usually the Angels, especially there, and throw in the As while we out and yeah, that’s a tough stretch.

Don’t think the Yankees have the horses to catch the sux in the regular season, other than ripping them head to head.

Will almost be better off not having to play for the AL East that last series, at least then we know we can start Sevy that tues or wed.
Nice job of sandbagging.
The Yankees have the talent to win the East and I bet if analysts had to pick they would make them the favorites to win the division.

The league sucks so much the Red Sox fall into sweeping Washington and KC after losing 2 of 3 in NY.

Yankees matchup better against the Sox because the Sox can’t hit 2 of your pitchers and that isn’t Severino whom they have hit off in the past.

Sox have 3 solid pitchers and a headcase in Price.

Very true, but Tampa followed that up beating Houston 3 out of 4. It happens in baseball. To be clear, I think the Red Sox are slightly better than the Yankees, but I don't think one weekend in Tampa can be used as a comparison. Boston is playing great baseball, I feel like the Yankees are struggling to stay within reach of them. Big day today with Yankees playing two, and Luis Cessa is starting game 2.

Very true, but Tampa followed that up beating Houston 3 out of 4. It happens in baseball. To be clear, I think the Red Sox are slightly better than the Yankees, but I don't think one weekend in Tampa can be used as a comparison. Boston is playing great baseball, I feel like the Yankees are struggling to stay within reach of them.
I know that but my point was analyzing remaining schedules.
Kaiser was saying you can count Cleveland but Tampa wasn’t the same.
I would say to him I think Tampa is pretty solid and not a team I would want to play that much in the 2nd half while the Indians have beaten up on a Central division every other team is under .500.
Cleveland is solid but Tampa is way more battle tested.

Look, the devilray series drove me nuts for sure, just 1 would’ve been nice.

Sux, won April, Yanks won May, the Sux won June and are off to a nice start here...the 4 games in hand is really driving me nuts...and I don’t think it will be equal till September.

Certainly not sandbagging, but the sux just appear a bit stronger for the regular season.

Look, the devilray series drove me nuts for sure, just 1 would’ve been nice.

Sux, won April, Yanks won May, the Sux won June and are off to a nice start here...the 4 games in hand is really driving me nuts...and I don’t think it will be equal till September.

Certainly not sandbagging, but the sux just appear a bit stronger for the regular season.

I fear it may shape up like last year. Sox win the AL East but NY goes further in the playoffs. I think the Sox better starting pitching gives them an edge in the regular season but the NYY deep bullpen is tough in the playoffs. Offensively they're very close, maybe the Sox merit the slightest of edges. In order for Boston to win it all they must strengthen their bullpen.

These Sox are so much fun. Mookie is the MVP. He CaRUSHED that grand slam. For anyone counting, that's 8 for the Sox this year.

These Sox are so much fun. Mookie is the MVP. He CaRUSHED that grand slam. For anyone counting, that's 8 for the Sox this year.
Mookie and Martinez are having a combo better year that is better than any Ortiz-Manny season.
Martinez is Manny 2.0 thus far this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom