2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

Another win for the Sox.
They are 22-9 against AL East competition. Only road trip left west of the Mississippi.
Sox-Yankees are probably going to play in the divisional round unless Houston or Cleveland go on an insane run.

Sox-Yankees are probably going to play in the divisional round unless Houston or Cleveland go on an insane run.
”Probably” is a strong word when one of these teams will be subject to the randomness of a single wild card game.

Another win for the Sox.
They are 22-9 against AL East competition. Only road trip left west of the Mississippi.
Baseball now reseeds.

The loser of this gets stuck in that 1 off, but they won’t see each other till the ALCS.

”Probably” is a strong word when one of these teams will be subject to the randomness of a single wild card game.
With Chris Sale and HFA I feel the Sox are fine for the one game play-in even though anything can happen if the Sox don’t win tnfhe division.

That is why I said probably. What sucks is that if the AL East winner has the best record then these two would play a best of 5 instead of a potential best of 7.

You are mistaken
So they changed it so same division teams could meet in the DS, but not to make sure it’s 1 & 4 and 2 & 3??

That’s ridiculous.

Braves fan here. I come in peace. Should be an interesting 3 game series this weekend. After losing 2 of 3 in Philly, I'm just hoping my Braves can get at least 1 win and hopefully get out of Boston still in first place. Terehan is up and down so not sure which one shows up tonight. Newcomb is hot so I think we have a solid chance tomorrow. Beating Sale on Sunday will be tough needless to say.

Your welcome anytime. I don’t care the Yankees fans are here it’s all good.
Braves wouldn’t shock me if they win 2 of 3 as Rodriguez and Pomerantz have struggled. Sale on Sunday I like the Sox chances but the Braves have a good young team.

I don’t know many Braves players other than Swanson and Acuna.
The pitcher I know is Teheran. I expect him to pitch well tonight.

Your welcome anytime. I don’t care the Yankees fans are here it’s all good.
Braves wouldn’t shock me if they win 2 of 3 as Rodriguez and Pomerantz have struggled. Sale on Sunday I like the Sox chances but the Braves have a good young team.

I don’t know many Braves players other than Swanson and Acuna.
The pitcher I know is Teheran. I expect him to pitch well tonight.

Ozzie Albies is really our catalyst. He's a rookie 2B and leadoff hitter than has been on fire this year - 14 HRs and 34 RBI. Freddie Freeman is our cleanup guy and one of the best hitters in baseball if he can stay healthy. Nick Markakis has also just been on fire all year hitting .344 with 32 RBI. Our offense has been way over at least my expectation so far.

Ozzie Albies is really our catalyst. He's a rookie 2B and leadoff hitter than has been on fire this year - 14 HRs and 34 RBI. Freddie Freeman is our cleanup guy and one of the best hitters in baseball if he can stay healthy. Nick Markakis has also just been on fire all year hitting .344 with 32 RBI. Our offense has been way over at least my expectation so far.
I know Freeman I should have remembered him but man he is way undermarketed and that is on baseball.
Freeman has been a stud for a while and all AL East fans remember Markakis with the Orioles.
He is okay but never scares you.

I really hope that "Just Dingers" nickname was just you trying to be funny, Alsacs. That's about as bad as John Sterling's home run call for Stanton.

I really hope that "Just Dingers" nickname was just you trying to be funny, Alsacs. That's about as bad as John Sterling's home run call for Stanton.
It’s a joke. Jared Carabas who is a Barstool Red Sox guy made it up and I just laugh at how stupid it is. He is a super fan.
JD has been way better than I thought.

Hanley Ramirez DFA'd.
He wasn’t engaged and the Sox didn’t want his option to vest for next year.
I bet Hanley ends up on the Rays for no money this year.
Moreland can get his ABs and I am fine with that. Hanley is a streak hitter.

I applaud the move. He's been a rally killer for the last month and his defense is well below average.

I applaud the move. He's been a rally killer for the last month and his defense is well below average.

He seemed so engaged to start the year...

He seemed so engaged to start the year...

Yeah if he had kept that going then the Sox would have had to keep him. The only negative is a little less depth but guys like Nunez and Holt can play several positions.

It’s a joke. Jared Carabas who is a Barstool Red Sox guy made it up and I just laugh at how stupid it is. He is a super fan.
JD has been way better than I thought.

I agree. Better than I expected as well. I’m glad for your sake that JD’s nickname wasn’t your creation. It sounded “Just Douchey”. That being said, I think he launched another one tonight.

Teheran might be the slowest pitcher I have watched since Josh Beckett.
He is why baseball needs a pitch clock.
So much time between pitches.

No kidding He would drive Bobby Cox and Leo Mazzone crazy. That was one thing they preached - work quickly so the fielders don't get bored.

I don’t want the 22m option to vest either so I get the move. I think this was the right time because if you got closer to the total AB to vest and he has hit like 380 over the last 25 games or something it would have been a tougher move. That could have happened based on the kind of hitter he is. The only thing is playoff baseball and big spots Hanley can be a big time bat and if he is locked in he is something special.

Sonny Gray can give him a run for his $$$.

Good thing I have nowhere to go. This game is taking forever! 2 hours in and in the 4th??

Well my Braves are leaving Boston still in first place so mission accomplished. Somehow we won the game I least expected us to win, but anything can happen day to day in baseball. Hopefully Acuna is somehow okay. That was ugly. Red Sox are an impressive team. Battle with the Yankees will be interesting to watch although whoever doesn't win will certainly get the top wild card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom