2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

I dont remember the sux losing a game since May.

And I think the Yanks even beat them 2x recently.
It will be a damn shame when they bow out in the wild card game.

It’s every Brett Gardner AB, minus the salami.

U guys are 17-3 in last 20, 16-1 with no Pinstripes.

Enough already.
The Sox don't play a decent team July 30 when they play Philadelphia. There schedule is soft. Plenty of games with Jays and Orioles left. This is the Jays first visit to Boston in this current series.
Toughes remaining games. 26 of 67 games left.
Its 10 with the Yankees. 6 with the Indians, 3 with the Braves, 4 with the Phillies, 3 with the Astros and all garbage. Win 13 of these 26.

Then 41 games with average/crap teams. Wins 28 of 41.
That would leave the Red Sox at 107-55. If the Yankees win 108 bless them.

That is why I just want to split with the Yankees or win 4/10. If the Yankees can't sweep the Sox head to head its hard to make up a lot of ground quickly.

The Sox don't play a decent team July 30 when they play Philadelphia. There schedule is soft. Plenty of games with Jays and Orioles left. This is the Jays first visit to Boston in this current series.
Toughes remaining games. 26 of 67 games left.
Its 10 with the Yankees. 6 with the Indians, 3 with the Braves, 4 with the Phillies, 3 with the Astros and all garbage. Win 13 of these 26.

Then 41 games with average/crap teams. Wins 28 of 41.
That would leave the Red Sox at 107-55. If the Yankees win 108 bless them.

That is why I just want to split with the Yankees or win 4/10. If the Yankees can't sweep the Sox head to head its hard to make up a lot of ground quickly.
The Yanks almost have to somehow be within 2 on last weekend and go for the sweep.

I imagine I won’t watch Sunday’s game...

Giants will be on anyway.

It will be a damn shame when they bow out in the wild card game.

Be careful. If you have to keep trotting Gray and German out there every five days you might be playing that wild card game on the road.

Be careful. If you have to keep trotting Gray and German out there every five days you might be playing that wild card game on the road.
I have more confidence in Gray than Tanaka.

Nightmare scenario is the last weekend sux series, a 1 game playoff on Monday...then the WC on Tuesday.

How does anyone not named Houston set their rotation up for that?

I have more confidence in Gray than Tanaka.

Nightmare scenario is the last weekend sux series, a 1 game playoff on Monday...then the WC on Tuesday.

How does anyone not named Houston set their rotation up for that?
What I hate is the fact if Sox/Yanks division winner has the best record in the AL then they will face in the ALDS in a 5 game series instead of best of 7.
Only good thing for Boston would be if they won the division they have Sale for game 1 and if necessary game 5 and the Yankees would have to throw Severino in the play-in game and only game 3 of the ALDS.
Thus forcing Sabathia to pitch at Fenway and not YS.

What I hate is the fact if Sox/Yanks division winner has the best record in the AL then they will face in the ALDS in a 5 game series instead of best of 7.
Only good thing for Boston would be if they won the division they have Sale for game 1 and if necessary game 5 and the Yankees would have to throw Severino in the play-in game and only game 3 of the ALDS.
Thus forcing Sabathia to pitch at Fenway and not YS.

Good point. Hopefully Boston can break through against Sabathia because he has owned them the last two year, pretty much home or away.

68-30 first half is amazing.
No John Farrell around has brought life to Xander and Mookie.
JD Martinez has done a Manny impersonation.
Even without Price Sale-Rodriguez-Porcello is a solid playoff 1-3 staff.
Kimbrel is a lockdown closer.
Kelly/Barnes scare me.
That is where the Sox should spend any trade commodities to acquire bullpen help.

Kelly/Barnes scare me.
That is where the Sox should spend any trade commodities to acquire bullpen help.
No bullpen help! You guys don’t lose as it is lol. What a first half! If you told me before the season that the Yankees would be 62-33 at the all star break , I wouldn’t have guessed that would have them 4.5 games out of first. It’s really unbelievable. Lots of baseball left and anything can still happen. Nice first half for you guys.

Kelly/Barnes scare me.
Nice run so far. May your September resemble the one the Sox had in 2011.
d16e4c6fb21ec517ade8991396574bf5.jpg

Kelly/Barnes scare me.
It’s not amazing...it’s ridiculously alienesque.

Just go 6-4 in a 10 game stretch for a few times please.

Again...Enough Already!!!

Kelly/Barnes scare me.

Agree with pretty much everything you say. I wasn't a Farrell fan and I think Cora has been solid but Mookie and Xander's revival has had nothing to do with the manager. Both guys were banged up last year and are now healthy.

Last edited:
So basically the Sox traded Abe Alvarez/Henry Owens 2.0 for 3 months of Nathan Evlovdi.
It tells Rodriguez is going to be out for a little time.

So basically the Sox traded Abe Alvarez/Henry Owens 2.0 for 3 months of Nathan Evlovdi.
It tells Rodriguez is going to be out for a little time.
Needed to add another right hander to the mix down the stretch and he could be a valuable power arm as a long reliever in the playoffs.

I wanted Eovaldi, this was also a nice block.
I told you games at Tampa were going to help decide this race.
Sox just need to prevent sweeps head to head with the Yanks and they have the advantage thanks to Tampa and Baltimore.

I told you games at Tampa were going to help decide this race.
Sox just need to prevent sweeps head to head with the Yanks and they have the advantage thanks to Tampa and Baltimore.
Yanks can’t play off a layoff either.

I think rain is driving them just as nuts as it is me.

Lot of time but, the rain and the fact that the sux just don’t ever fluckin lose is deflating.

The need to be perfect is too much.

I always look at losses, but the discrepancy in games is so much one can’t help but to look at the win column and go...Day-ammmm..

I wanted Eovaldi, this was also a nice block.

Eovaldi has an interesting pitching log this year. Has had a few bad outings but has also had three outings where combined he went 19 innings, gave up two hits and zero runs. When he's been on he's been lights out.

Eovaldi has an interesting pitching log this year. Has had a few bad outings but has also had three outings where combined he went 19 innings, gave up two hits and zero runs. When he's been on he's been lights out.
He’s a total coin flip, but he throws hard and has pitched in the Bronx.

Seen too many good pitchers in front of 15-20k, look up, see 45-50k...and just shlit their pants.

He wouldn’t, which is another reason why he’s good for the sux, Fenway won’t scare him.

Mookie just added to his MVP campaign with that walk off bomb.
It’s him or the Just Dinabol Kid.

Unless Gleyber and Stanton can somehow make it stop raining and send the Yankees on a 50-10 run to end the season.

Speaking of 50-10, isn’t that the sux record in their last 60???

Enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom