2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

Bats have done real well since the team has gotten home.
Hope it’s just a strain for Mookie.
This team is playing way better than I thought it would.
John Farrell must have run the worst clubhouse in baseball and made these guys robots.
They were unlikable and won last year.
I just hope Pedroia doesn’t kill the clubhouse with his attitude.

Bats have done real well since the team has gotten home.
Hope it’s just a strain for Mookie.
This team is playing way better than I thought it would.
John Farrell must have run the worst clubhouse in baseball and made these guys robots.
They were unlikable and won last year.
I just hope Pedroia doesn’t kill the clubhouse with his attitude.

Pedroia was an important part of two world championship teams and was AL MVP in a third year where they went to the 7th game of the ALCS. How is it that he is now a cancer?

Yeah he shouldn't have been playing at the end of last year but I put that on the manager.

Nobody in baseball plays harder than DP and he has clearly been the best defensive 2B in the AL for several years now.

Patriots Day game postponed.
Sox 13-2 flying out to Anaheim.

That was always my favorite thing about living in Fenway. Patriots Day game, then go cheer marathon finishers on Boylston. Then hit the bars.

Ohtani-Mania met Mookie.

3 HRs freaking sweet.
Good win and start to the left coast trip.

Mookie now has 3, 3 homerun games in the short career, matching the total put up by Ted Williams. Amazing company.

Love this kid. Pay him and keep him.

Mookie now has 3, 3 homerun games in the short career, matching the total put up by Ted Williams. Amazing company.

Love this kid. Pay him and keep him.
It’s amazing how bad John Farell was.
He wasted a talented team.
They had no business being so passive at the plate. Middle relievers don’t suck like they used too in the mid 2000s.
The guy was just unlikable and awful.
Cora has relaxed the team a lot.
They are going to hit a skid but this team is better than I thought because of Farrell.

Rotation is going to get Pomerantz back and then will be deep.

It will be fun watching Cora shuffle the rotation so Price doesn’t have to face the Yankees.

Just get to within 3 by Memorial Day is all I can ask of the Yanks.

Is Alsacs the only poster here who roots for all three of the Pats, Celtics, and Red Sox on this board?

Seems like we got an awful lot of band wagoners for one team or another.
Machado slide that injured Pedroia was slightly different, in that Machado went after him. Austin went straight for the bag. I was taught to jump over the runner when making the throw to first.
r201983_1296x729_16-9.jpg

8953653.jpg
Are you suggesting that you were taught better and more than Brock Holt? Because, quite frankly, that would be ridiculous.

Are you suggesting that you were taught better and more than Brock Holt? Because, quite frankly, that would be ridiculous.
No, probably the same.

The Yankees STILL owe the big steroid about 100 beanings for why they did to Jeter.
Nonsense. Was that one of the times that cheating Jeter pretended to be hit and ran to first? It's called hard ball for a reason.

No, probably the same.
I also played second base. I got good coaching. It wasn't professional coaching. Brock Holt has got professional coaching for years now.

I also played second base. I got good coaching. It wasn't professional coaching. Brock Holt has got professional coaching for years now.
Eh. What Ev. They also taught us the correct way to slide into second base without clipping the shortstop.

Yeah, in fact the guy arguing with the ump was my coach.

Also, what was Randolph doing? Wasn't he taught to jump over the runner?

I found tape of how you and Holt were taught

I found tape of how you and Holt were taught
Yeah, not sure what happened to the vid. Those were the days. People forget how much the Yankees and Royals hated each other during the mid 70's. Lots of characters on both teams.
PatekCrying.jpg

Yeah, not sure what happened to the vid. Those were the days. People forget how much the Yankees and Royals hated each other during the mid 70's. Lots of characters on both teams.
PatekCrying.jpg
I hated the royals as much as the sux for a long time.

I just can’t believe the Sox went into Anaheim who were 13-3 and minus Bogaerts and swept the Angels 27-3 in 3 games.

This team definitely underachieved winning 93 games last year.

I don’t expect this insane pace to continue but if the bats are this good and with Bientiendi and Devers being this good this young it could happen the Sox have no business not winning 95-100 games as the Rays and Orioles suck.

The problem with the team last year was they couldn’t hit against the Yankees to save their lives.

If they hit just okay against the Yankees they should win the division unless the Yankees go on an insane run which they could.

Red Sox rotation is the difference though. Also with the pitching depth start Brian Johnson over David Price against the Yankees please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom