2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

I just can’t believe the Sox went into Anaheim who were 13-3 and minus Bogaerts and swept the Angels 27-3 in 3 games.

This team definitely underachieved winning 93 games last year.

I don’t expect this insane pace to continue but if the bats are this good and with Bientiendi and Devers being this good this young it could happen the Sox have no business not winning 95-100 games as the Rays and Orioles suck.

The problem with the team last year was they couldn’t hit against the Yankees to save their lives.

If they hit just okay against the Yankees they should win the division unless the Yankees go on an insane run which they could.

Red Sox rotation is the difference though. Also with the pitching depth start Brian Johnson over David Price against the Yankees please.
That angel thrashing was impressive.

You guys could run away and hide like the 84 Tigers.

Or you could do to us, what we did to you in the 90s and early 00s...where the sux would win 92+ games and finish 7+ back.

That 1 game playoff is brutal, can’t do it again...

It will be fun watching Cora shuffle the rotation so Price doesn’t have to face the Yankees.

Just get to within 3 by Memorial Day is all I can ask of the Yanks.

You can help offset that by starting Sonny Gray.

I just can’t believe the Sox went into Anaheim who were 13-3 and minus Bogaerts and swept the Angels 27-3 in 3 games.

This team definitely underachieved winning 93 games last year.

I don’t expect this insane pace to continue but if the bats are this good and with Bientiendi and Devers being this good this young it could happen the Sox have no business not winning 95-100 games as the Rays and Orioles suck.

The problem with the team last year was they couldn’t hit against the Yankees to save their lives.

If they hit just okay against the Yankees they should win the division unless the Yankees go on an insane run which they could.

Red Sox rotation is the difference though. Also with the pitching depth start Brian Johnson over David Price against the Yankees please.

If Price can keep pitching like he has against everybody else then I won't mind if he stinks it up against NY.

5th grand slam of the season. I love this team. Jumping on these early pitches is paying off!

This team has a lot of depth.
Hanley is the key to the lineup right now.
Pitching will be fine and Pomerantz will get better as it gets warmer.

Congrats to the A’s pitcher he really silenced the bats.
That’s an Omen...

In all seriousness, quite impressive. Had it on last nigh at end, you guys were soooo Hot, you were bound to go a little cold, but all once just sucks. Will probably motivate the sux to go on another 17-2 run.

3 by Memorial Day might be a stretch goal...

Congrats to the A’s pitcher he really silenced the bats.

What did you think about the error call on SS Semien for dropping that over the head catch and the out call for Benintendi running out of the baseline? The Semien call could go either way, and it's usually called a base hit, because it's not a routine play, but it wasn't an impossible play. The running out of the baseline is probably not usually called, but I had no issue with that call.

Still a very impressive effort by Manaea even if there might have been a few breaks.

What did you think about the error call on SS Semien for dropping that over the head catch and the out call for Benintendi running out of the baseline? The Semien call could go either way, and it's usually called a base hit, because it's not a routine play, but it wasn't an impossible play. The running out of the baseline is probably not usually called, but I had no issue with that call.

Still a very impressive effort by Manaea even if there might have been a few breaks.
No problem at all. Give the pitcher and that fanbase a no-hitter memory.
I don’t care if my team is no-hit baseball is way too damn long anyway. This is forgotten in a week.

Sox are doing well so their is no problem even though if the Sox had a hit I don’t think Bientiendi’s play is overturned. The drop by the SS is fine as a error.

Only 5.5 games up on the Yanks after a tough weekend.
That’s a week of perfect/perfect.

In other words, that’s a 3-4 week lead.

Yanks won’t have a 17-3, 20 game stretch either.

That’s a week of perfect/perfect.

In other words, that’s a 3-4 week lead.

Yanks won’t have a 17-3, 20 game stretch either.
I like what you're doing here.

This thread has died all of a sudden...wonder why?!?!

Lack of respect shown by interlopers like yourself.

Can only read the "sux" for so long before it's just old and boring.

By the way, how about that Mookie kid?

And yes, the Yanks will cool off just as the Sox have.

This thread has died all of a sudden...wonder why?!?!
I know New Yorkers don’t have to worry about this stuff but New Englanders have

Boston Celtics Schedule
And
Official Boston Bruins Website

We have spring playoff games to worry about. Baseball season really doesn’t pickup till July 4th.

Boston fans want championships in other sports as well. It’s unfair to the Yankees to have carry the mantle for NYC right now.

I love that both teams have core players that are going to be good for a long time.

True. I saw that Didi got the player of the month for April. Must have edged Mookie out by a hair.

Lack of respect shown by interlopers like yourself.

Can only read the "sux" for so long before it's just old and boring.

By the way, how about that Mookie kid?

As a sux fan you are expecting respect from Yankees fan?!?! The delusions of grandeur by sux fans has no bounds!!

As a sux fan you are expecting respect from Yankees fan?!?! The delusions of grandeur by sux fans has no bounds!!
First place baby. Keep pressing. The Sox will keep responding.

Mookie for MVP

First place baby. Keep pressing. The Sox will keep responding.

Mookie for MVP
Shouldn't you be helping Mookie with his HoF speech?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom