2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

I think both sides are right here and ultimately I think Altuve being out is right. I understand that it’s hard to tell how far the fans reached out but there’s not a doubt in my mind Mookie catches that ball if the fans’ hands don’t close his glove on him. Just watch his eyes while he’s going up because he had it tracked the entire way. If I was a Houston fan I’d be angry because Cowboy West decided to call it an out on the field and there wasn’t anything definitive to show the right angle (other than the view that got blocked by the security guard who will surely be re-assigned tonight).
If Joe West doesn’t call it an out and interference then Altuve gets a double and it’s 2nd and 3rd 1 out.

The call on the field was going to be the call unless the security guard wasn’t blocking the camera down the line.
Mookie wasn’t over the fence and trying to bring it back. He jumped up while in play and his glove was closed when he was against the wall.
If the glove was over the field of play and he was trying to catch it and bring it back then the fans were fine but that isn’t what the evidence shows.

I've accepted that the Red Sox are winning the title this year. Crown their ass!

If Joe West doesn’t call it an out and interference then Altuve gets a double and it’s 2nd and 3rd 1 out.

The call on the field was going to be the call unless the security guard wasn’t blocking the camera down the line.
Mookie wasn’t over the fence and trying to bring it back. He jumped up while in play and his glove was closed when he was against the wall.
If the glove was over the field of play and he was trying to catch it and bring it back then the fans were fine but that isn’t what the evidence shows.
That is the other thing. It hits his glove and goes back onto the field of play. So how would it have been a home run. It's pretty obvious he would have caught it I think.

That is the other thing. It hits his glove and goes back onto the field of play. So how would it have been a home run. It's pretty obvious he would have caught it I think.
Its not a HR if the interference isn’t called.
The ball hit the glove and came back into the field of play. Thus it isn’t a HR.
That is ignored but Houston would have taken 2nd and 3rd 1 out if they had a choice.

Its not a HR if the interference isn’t called.
The ball hit the glove and came back into the field of play. Thus it isn’t a HR.
That is ignored but Houston would have taken 2nd and 3rd 1 out if they had a choice.
That is what I thought but people keep saying a home run was taken away and I was trying to figure out what they meant by that. It made no sense to me. I thought it was the right call and was pretty confident that would be the decision even before I realized it was the ruling on the field. Then again I love the Red Sox and I'm biased. The funny part is while this is happening my dad is texting me that finally a call that could go either way went our way just like they always do for those bastard yankees. I told him to relax it's the 1st inning no heart attacks tonight. He then texted me after Benny made that catch. What a play. I'm still alive. Good night.

I'm at work and can't concentrate. All I'm thinking about is the game tonight and how crazy last nights game was. I love this feeling.

the ball hit a fan so they they have to figure out where it would have gone even if betts hadnt been interferred with. i dont get the guys who tried to catch it and denied they leaned out over the fence.

With David Price, if the Sox fall behind early it may be best to let the game go... let Price go as far as he can, use your lower tier pitchers, and have all guns loaded for game 6.

With David Price, if the Sox fall behind early it may be best to let the game go... let Price go as far as he can, use your lower tier pitchers, and have all guns loaded for game 6.
If this game gets away Heath Hembree and Brandon Workman the Sox garbage relievers will be stretched.

Price has been pitching surprisingly well. I don't like how much time he's taking between pitches. I think he'd be more effective if he sped up the pace...but he's got some stuff tonight and it seems to be working for him.

Sure as hell not anything that was indisputable.

I’m a day late on this one but whatever was called on the field was going to be upheld. There was no way to overturn, not enough cameras.

That said, it’s surprising to me that Joe West, from where he was positioned thought in any way, shape or form that Mookie wasn’t in the free for all fan area trying to make that catch.

Houston can’t pin it all on that. They’re still being outplayed by the best team in baseball this year.

David bleeping Price shut me up.
Just like the 70 million dollar Grand Slam from JD Drew in game 6 2007 ALCS.
This was the 210 million dollar 6 inning shutout from David Price.

Another 100 win team bites the dust

ALDS - N̷e̷w̷ ̷Y̷o̷r̷k̷ ̷Y̷a̷n̷k̷e̷e̷s̷ ̷-̷ ̷1̷0̷0̷ ̷w̷i̷n̷s̷

ALCS - H̷o̷u̷s̷t̷o̷n̷ ̷A̷s̷t̷r̷o̷s̷ ̷-̷ ̷1̷0̷3̷ ̷w̷i̷n̷s̷

next?

I would have stuck with Eovaldi... I will probably be wrong and Kimbrel will go 1-2-3
I wanted no part of Kimbrel but after tonight I think sometimes pitchers throwing with a little fatigue may not be the worst thing.
Price was on 3 days rest and literally had no expectations.
He threw paint all night.
Kimbrel outside of one hitter threw in the zone.
Both were gassed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom