2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

I can see it now, Boston & LA in the WS. Meh, another WS I couldn't care less about. Thankfully hockey is up and running. :)
Who would you prefer? That sounds bigtime to me. Better than a repeat of Houston/LA. Better than Houston Milwaukee to most of the country.

Either way, this week is the beautiful nexus of sports. NBA's beginning days, bigtime baseball, the Formula 1 championship being decided in the US (hopefully), and the meat of the NFL.

I can see it now, Boston & LA in the WS. Meh, another WS I couldn't care less about. Thankfully hockey is up and running. :)
the Red Sox and the Dodgers are a world series that is meh? What world series would you like to see?

Who would you prefer? That sounds bigtime to me. Better than a repeat of Houston/LA. Better than Houston Milwaukee to most of the country.

Either way, this week is the beautiful nexus of sports. NBA's beginning days, bigtime baseball, the Formula 1 championship being decided in the US (hopefully), and the meat of the NFL.

Also..even more important...

Football-Saturday, October 20 North Carolina
Basketball-Thursday, October 25th St Rose 7 pm Carrier Dome

the Red Sox and the Dodgers are a world series that is meh? What world series would you like to see?

Well, for a little while there I was stoked to see Houston & Milwaukee.

Against the lefties you sit beni or JBJ. In a big ball park, I sit beni. And I hate it.But it is what it is thanks to stupid N.L. rules.

Yeah because it's asking too much for a MLB player to actually be able to field a position.

Yeah because it's asking too much for a MLB player to actually be able to field a position.
When I pay for a product, I want to get my monies worth. Paying to watch an amateur hit, and that is what a pitcher is, well, that isn't giving me my monies worth. I don't pay to watch Eli or Brady punt on 4th down. We bring a pro in to punt it.

He's a Yankee fan. He'd prefer anybody other than Boston.

I think the Brewers win tonight. Just a hunch. Buehler struggles and they go to the pen early. Chacin is solid. I don’t have a huge preference regarding match up for the Red Sox

Dodgers-Big market team with a lot of money (Yankees-like)
Brewers-Small market team not able to buy a league division championship.

I'll root for the Brewers... until the World Series.

Well, let’s hope Alex Cora’s World Series prep/familiarity from last year gives us a small advantage. Somehow.

On MLB radio this am they said that the Red Sox learned that Kimbrel had been tipping his pitches over the last two weeks. Of course that doesn't completely explain his lack of command but maybe that was helpful last night and going forward.

Maybe the Yankees can hire one of them since that doddering old fool Rothchild couldn't figure out Severino was doing the same.

Looks like my hot take of Mookie at 2b is actually being considered.
If it’s a RHP like Buehler on the mound I like it. He handled 2nd against the Yankees in August.

Looks like my hot take of Mookie at 2b is actually being considered.
If it’s a RHP like Buehler on the mound I like it. He handled 2nd against the Yankees in August.

I wouldn't do it. Simultaneously weaken yourself at 2B and RF.

I wouldn't do it. Simultaneously weaken yourself at 2B and RF.
RF is weaker no matter what.
Mookie is a natural 2b. He played their every day in the minors. I saw him play plenty of games for the PawSox at 2b. He was an above average 2b. He only moved to OF because of Pedroia.
He has taken grounders in the infield the entire season during BP.
Mookie is probably a better 2b than Holt. Kinsler might be slightly better now.
This comes down to wanting JBJ in CF over Holt/Kinsler at 2b. As Martinez is playing RF in the NL Park.

Mookie is a natural 2b. He played their every day in the minors. I saw him play plenty of games for the PawSox at 2b. He was an above average 2b. He only moved to OF because of Pedroia.
This comes down to wanting JBJ in CF over Holt/Kinsler at 2b. As Martinez is playing RF in the NL Park.

I don't think he's in Kinsler's league at 2B but we'll see.

We have no idea how good a second baseman Betts is right now. We have no idea how well he would turn a dp at this stage. I am not saying I wouldn't do it. The Tigers moved Mickey Stanley to SS for the 1968 World Series. It might turn on what the series is at when it swings to L.A..

Mookie is an elite athlete. He can handle 2b. He played there a lot. I get it’s a change but stupid NL rules are the only reason for this.
When LA starts a lefty in the Dodgers Stadium then you sit JBJ and put Mookie in CF when they start a RHP I want JBJ in CF and Mookie at 2b.

Mookie is an elite athlete. He can handle 2b. He played there a lot. I get it’s a change but stupid NL rules are the only reason for this.
When LA starts a lefty in the Dodgers Stadium then you sit JBJ and put Mookie in CF when they start a RHP I want JBJ in CF and Mookie at 2b.
I agree with that. Mookie has played 2b for almost all of his minor league time and you pointed out. This is not as big of a deal as it is being made out to be. I think Mookie would be fine. I remember when Big Papi was going to play 1b in 04 and people talked about it like he had never picked up a glove before.

Pitching in the AL East is brutal. Great first inning.
Red Sox don’t swing for HRs that is how you grind good pitchers.
Just hope Sale can give 6 innings of good pitching.

I liked how sale was getting all the early swings/misses while we had consistent contact on Kershaw, but sale Arcady has too many pitches on him.

I liked how sale was getting all the early swings/misses while we had consistent contact on Kershaw, but sale Arcady has too many pitches on him.
Sale isn’t himself. He has no control of the slider.
He is trying to finish hitters with the changeup.
He has no control. They will be lucky to have the lead when he comes off the mound.
Joe Buck is calling every fly ball to left like it’s a HR.

Ump is tight with the zone tonight, but he blew that last pitch by Sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom