2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

There 48 minutes in an NBA game.
120 isn’t even 3 games.

Boston is loaded with competitive sports teams.
That’s my point.

Halftime of game 3...

Anytime u guys want to get a non-infield single tonight is ok with me...

That’s my point.

Halftime of game 3...

Anytime u guys want to get a non-infield single tonight is ok with me...
The Celtics were in the ECF last year.
We actually know what is like to win multiple series.
The Knicks have won 1 postseason series since 2001. Even the old Red Sox were more competitive.

I think the Sox have a good team this year as the Yankees do. After 2004 I stopped the daily grind with baseball.
I follow the box scores but I won’t watch the games nightly till July 4th.
The season is too damn long to care about weekday loss in May against the Rays.

Your consistent lack of humor is remarkable, yet not surprising.

I'd say you getting annoyed at non-NYY fans posting in that thread pretty much defines lack of humor.

Nice bounce back for Kimbrel.
Also Just Dingers Martinez with the game winner.
We got a good race in the East this year.

Nice bounce back for Kimbrel.
Also Just Dingers Martinez with the game winner.
We got a good race in the East this year.

Just Dingers is leading the AL in hitting. That was one of the cheaper HRs you'll ever see. Looked like a Jeter special.

Do you go to a particular website just for pithy comebacks or do you just google them?

When involved with low level competition like yourself I just pull them out of my derriere.

Secretaries everywhere are calling their Dr’s demanding to have this ‘Yankee Removal’ surgery that cures carpal tunnel syndrome in just 2 days...

Secretaries everywhere are calling their Dr’s demanding to have this ‘Yankee Removal’ surgery that cures carpal tunnel syndrome in just 2 days...

Price is to the Sox what ARod was to the NYY. Putrid postseason performer that was signed for an obscene dollar amount at a ridiculous contract length. Sox will be choking on this contract for years just like the NYY did with ARod. And in both cases the fan bases hate the guy. The only thing missing to make the parallel complete is if Price's cousin gets caught injecting David with the juice.

When involved with low level competition like yourself I just pull them out of my derriere.

I hope you are not paying for these replies from those sites, you may be wasting your money...

Price is to the Sox what ARod was to the NYY. Putrid postseason performer that was signed for an obscene dollar amount at a ridiculous contract length. Sox will be choking on this contract for years just like the NYY did with ARod. And in both cases the fan bases hate the guy. The only thing missing to make the parallel complete is if Price's cousin gets caught injecting David with the juice.

I don't think ARod is that hated by Yankees fans. Yankees fans tend to be fairly forgiving of their players. Actually looking at ARod's post season stats they are not bad at all...except for maybe the last 2-3 post seasons.

Alex Rodriguez Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

I don't think ARod is that hated by Yankees fans. Yankees fans tend to be fairly forgiving of their players. Actually looking at ARod's post season stats they are not bad at all...except for maybe the last 2-3 post seasons.

Alex Rodriguez Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

You must have been asleep during the mid-2000s when he hit .258, .133, .071 and .267 in four consecutive series where the Yanks were eliminated in each one. He was awful and then he was terrible again in 2010 onward. He had one good year, postseason wise, 2009.

Most NYY fans I know were not big fans of ARod. His postseason droughts were instrumental in several early exits and the $$$ he was stealing from the Yanks later in his career put the team in a spot where they couldn't address other needs because of all of the money devoted to ARod.

As far as forgiving fans that's questionable. Stanton was getting booed right out of the gate this year.

You must have been asleep during the mid-2000s when he hit .258, .133, .071 and .267 in four consecutive series where the Yanks were eliminated in each one. He was awful and then he was terrible again in 2010 onward. He had one good year, postseason wise, 2009.

Most NYY fans I know were not big fans of ARod. His postseason droughts were instrumental in several early exits and the $$$ he was stealing from the Yanks later in his career put the team in a spot where they couldn't address other needs because of all of the money devoted to ARod.

As far as forgiving fans that's questionable. Stanton was getting booed right out of the gate this year.

Which is why I said they weren't bad overall...they weren't great based on expectations and his salary, but he definitely wasn't on par with what Price has given so far.

I think Stanton is a good example of forgiving...he hasn't been booed much, if at all, lately. I bet if ARod came back for a legends day at Yankee Stadium he would get more cheers than boos. ARod's talent was unquestioned, his problem at times was his antics on and off the field. Although in his defense, the media tended to treat him a lot different than some of the others...Jeter, Posada, etc.

Kaiser rips David Ortiz for the 2003 test which was an illegal invasion of his privacy.
Yet Yankees fans will forgive a guy who cheated on multiple occasions and was given the longest suspension in sports history 162 games in 2014.
Give me a break. A-Rod is a pond scum cheater who sold out everyone and even sued his own players association. This crap is a joke.
A-Rod is the biggest cheater since Lance Armstrong.

Price blows. He is a baby the Red Sox did everything they could to avoid him pitching in NY which was smart.
Just skip him every time the Yankees come around. He can’t pitch against them.

I love the Yankees. Always have , always will. However , I certainly do not forgive AROD. My son is 7 years old and has watched baseball with me for three years. I’m already explaining to him how AROD cheated.

When fisher price wins 2 Cy Young's and a WS for the sux, we can compare him to A-rod.

Till then??

No.

And no HOF for arias

When fisher price wins 2 Cy Young's and a WS for the sux, we can compare him to A-rod.

Till then??

No.

And no HOF for arias

ARod put up some stats with the NYY - just like Price has - but he was a complete disaster for the $$$ involved, like Price appears to be with Boston. You're lying to yourself if you say otherwise.

ARod choked like a dog in the big games. That wrist slap of Arroyo in 2004 is etched in my mind. Ironic you would bring up Arias in the same post as ARod. Now that boy got it done when it counted. You're going to be bitterly disappointed when he steps into the Hall early in the next decade, while the Cooler is on the outside looking in.

Blue Jays stealing signs? Apparently the Sox changed up in the second inning and the Jays haven't touched him since then.

Blue Jays stealing signs? Apparently the Sox changed up in the second inning and the Jays haven't touched him since then.

They did change signs which did coincide with him striking out 6 in a row, however I think it was more strategic than anything else. They were swinging aggressively early in the count and he started throwing more sliders down and in earlier, rather than early fastballs followed by sliders. so they were flailing. if sale threw 100 of those sliders in a row, I think he'd strike everyone out.

They did change signs which did coincide with him striking out 6 in a row, however I think it was more strategic than anything else. They were swinging aggressively early in the count and he started throwing more sliders down and in earlier, rather than early fastballs followed by sliders. so they were flailing. if sale threw 100 of those sliders in a row, I think he'd strike everyone out.

The NESN announcers, or maybe it was the radio guys, kept talking about him looking back to the second base area even when no one was on to see if there was anyone there trying to steal the signs.

Odd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom